LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

The LSF Comments Explosion - One More Time

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 30 Mar 2013 13:43
Check out the "Stats" page on "Comments" now before it''s too late. On Monday, the visible evidence of what we were before the "comments explosion" will disappear. Up through May of 2010 the Library averaged about 300 comments on stories per month. Then, in late May, all that changed. Responding to a change in the rules that would limit (not cut off) access to stories for readers who didn't make a very minimal number of comments, the membership, at the end of May, started commenting. A LOT. This resulted in almost 800 comments in May, and then with a full month of the new rules (and new practice), almost 2,400 in June. Thereafter, there were no fewer than 1,800 comments in a month. After December, no fewer than 2,500.

Comments aren't everything. What they do help create is an interactive environment where authors and readers can share in our love of spanking, and spanking, and most of all, good writing about spanking. I don't have any statistics, but I seem to recall that activity on the Forum expanded around the same time, perhaps due to the establishment of the "Smalltalk" section. Later came the chatroom, which is popular, with a small group at least.

The comments, though, are what set this site apart from so many others. But ti was not always thus. GO take a look before it's too late.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 30 Mar 2013 14:48
njrick:
Check out the "Stats" page on "Comments"

Why? We have you to do that for us.

njrick:
After December, no fewer than 2,500.

Judging from recent months, it looks like 4000 comments/month may be the new normal.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 30 Mar 2013 15:20
njrick:
What they do help create is an interactive environment

That is one thing I love about this site - the sense of community.

I noticed that there was a spike in comments last November, during that challenge, so I would expect the same thing to happen this time. Of course, that's just one factor.

I also noticed that you are at the top of the "most commented stories" list, Rick.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 30 Mar 2013 21:31
FiBlue:
That is one thing I love about this site - the sense of community.

It's why I hang out here so much.

FiBlue:
I noticed that there was a spike in comments last November, during that challenge, so I would expect the same thing to happen this time. Of course, that's just one factor.

We'll hit close to 5,000 again this month, even though the voting period bridges both March and April.

Guy:
Judging from recent months, it looks like 4000 comments/month may be the new normal.

Yep. As FiBlue noted, a Challenge wil boost the total further, but now that's on top of the "normal" level roughly 4,000.

FiBlue:
I also noticed that you are at the top of the "most commented stories" list, Rick.

I'm not quite sure how that happened, or why, but it did. For a while I had a loyal corps of readers (many of whom are no longer active) who seemed obsessed with commenting on everything I had written. The current LSF membership seems to have come to their collective senses.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 30 Mar 2013 23:23
njrick:
The current LSF membership seems to have come to their collective senses.

Thank God! Some of us more pedestrian, less famous, & merely mortal authors deserve a chance to catch up.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 31 Mar 2013 14:25
I am impressed! to go from 300 comments a month to almost 5,000 in just two years is pretty impressive. I think I shared with all of you that when I first joined, I had no idea comments were expected. And now, look at us; we live for feedback on our writing. Is this not wonderful!

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 6
carto75, Geoffrey, Jackmydaw, stevenr, TheEnglishMaster, theo54
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9