The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

John Benson - A 'Favorite' a thousand times over

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#11 | Posted: 20 Jan 2013 05:22
njrick:
To be honest, those were ideas that generated stories for me over the past few years (and several from many years ago)

Even so, you are doing better than me! I just can't shake that annoying writer's block feeling that nothing I think of is good enough!!! So a huge congratulations to John B for coming up with so many wonderful ideas and achieving 1000 favourites. I will be so excited when I reach my first one hundred haha!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 20 Jan 2013 12:37
jools:
you are doing better than me!

Oh? You might recall that THIS one:

njrick:
That mixed up sensory signals might make a spanking "taste" like chocolate

... originally was your idea, but that you were too busy working on another story (the LSF conference one) to use it, so you passed it off to me. Just use your ideas!

gail
Female Author

Canada
#13 | Posted: 20 Jan 2013 14:31
njrick:
Do I lose my "most inspired writer" status?

No Rick, once The Sapphic Society makes a determination like that, you are the title holder in perpetuity.

Unless you bring it into disrepute through a doping or plagiarism scandal in which case we will take appropriate action. I suggest you read Sapphic Switch to remind yourself of the consequences.

But let's not dwell on such an unlikely scenario and rather celebrate your superior performance today.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#14 | Posted: 20 Jan 2013 14:35
njrick:
I can't seem to land that Help Desk job.

With all the members I have heard complaining of writer's block coupled to your amazing talent for generating Macguffins, you have a wonderful opportunity to set up a writers Help Desk on LSF.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 20 Jan 2013 14:35
gail:
let's not dwell on such an unlikely scenario and rather celebrate your superior performance today.

Actually, we were supposed to be celebrating the performance of one John Benson today. If, however, I am permitted to bask in some of his reflected glow, I will be polite and not object too much.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#16 | Posted: 22 Jan 2013 17:53
I hope I may disagree here: I've always found John Benson's stories not only boring but also lacking in basic entertainment and nowhere as interesting and arousing as everybody thinks they are.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 22 Jan 2013 22:00
ordalie:
nowhere as interesting and arousing as everybody thinks they are.

If everybody thinks they are then they are even if they are not to everybody's taste.

Personally, as I have said before, I prefer the stories that Benson writes that are real life rather than most of his stories that involve magic, fantasy and science fiction. I find that his true writing talent comes out in his RL stories. The only criticism I have of him is that his descriptions of spankings are too brief and not detailed enough.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 22 Jan 2013 22:12
Everyone's tastes are different - and that differs with mood. There are times that I'm interested in a story that has spanking in it (such as Sharon Green's early novels - lots of spanking, but more story) and other times I want to skip to the good part.

Our interest this genre is a deep and personal one, so it follows that we won't all like the same stories or styles of writings.

Goodgulf

ernalones
Male Author

Denmark
#19 | Posted: 23 Jan 2013 00:27
I am a big fan of John Benson. As tiptopper I don't care for his sci-fi and magic stories. But his contemporary stories are unsurpassed. I believe that at least ten of his stories are listed among my favourites.
His works are one of the main reasons that I started writing spanking stories.
ernalones

jon7889
Male Member

USA
#20 | Posted: 23 Jan 2013 22:31
i actuakky f

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 6
FinalDual, hootgoat, larry, Schoyce1, swfisher, terabit, thribble, Zedbront
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9