library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

1047 Views and a Question....

needsthebrush
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 22 Dec 2012 16:39
I never thought I would have this many.... I'm glad people enjoy reading them. Would anyone like to try to write a sequel?
Cheers,
ntb

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 22 Dec 2012 16:55
There's no reason you can't right your own sequel, is there? I mean, can't any author write a sequel?

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 22 Dec 2012 17:38
njrick:
can't any author write a sequel?

Nooooo, that Rick Marlow guy can't write sequels

Anyway, a sequel to what?

needsthebrush
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 22 Dec 2012 17:59
To any of the stories that I've written

rollin
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 22 Dec 2012 18:22
Sequels do present unique problems, the least of which is that you don't want to just write the same story over again. So if you can take those characters and place them in a new situation and come up with a new story line, by all means do it. Some stories seem to beg for a continuation, while with others the end was a logical and conclusive end, so there is some judgement there about whether to continue.

opb
Male Author

England
#6 | Posted: 22 Dec 2012 23:18
rollin:
you don't want to just write the same story over again.

That doesn't seem to stop some authors.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 22 Dec 2012 23:24
opb:
That doesn't seem to stop some authors.

Maybe it's a really good story. Really REALLY good.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 23 Dec 2012 17:55
Sometimes of course authors write a story with the intention of continuing it. Sometimes that happens and sometimes it doesn't. I've been encouraged to write sequels to stories a number of times and I guess I've done so only in about a quarter of the cases. On the whole I find the sequels are less subtle than the starters and there is a problem with developing the characters so that they don't become like cartoon characters, never changing, but they don't develop in ways which undermine the appeal of the original story. If story 1 ended with snooty Jane and lowbrow Jack finding a common interest and getting together, that's a happy ending that will please many people. So how do you maintain interest in the sequel? Not impossible, but quite hard.

Some stories, though, quite lend themselves to sequels, if they're not already part of a series. If the story of the policewoman's search for the phantom panty collector ends with her key witness demanding to spank her before revealing the identity of the criminal, spanking her and then vanishing with her panties, it asks for a sequel in which she pursues him.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 23 Dec 2012 18:00
barretthunter:
If the story of the policewoman's search for the phantom panty collector ends with her key witness demanding to spank her before revealing the identity of the criminal, spanking her and then vanishing with her panties, it asks for a sequel in which she pursues him.

I seem to have missed that story. Dang!

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 7
cady09, Cartwheel, DEllis, Februs, kakihara, karlst11, Matt, myrkassi, Phocas, spanker30
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9