LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Three years?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
smeple
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 24 Aug 2012 00:48
If my math is correct, August 30th will be the 1096th day the LSF has been in existence, which is 3 years (365 days times 3, plus one Leap Year day - for now, we will ignore that one extra second which was tacked on a while ago). I looked up what the traditional third year anniversary gift is, and it is . . . leather. Yes, leather! The only potentially more appropriate gift for the LSF would be the traditional 5th year anniversary gift, which is wood (some of our male members may get that with leather, so I guess it all works out in the end, so to speak). Anyhoo, I don't really have any good ideas about how to celebrate our communal virtual (as opposed to virtuous) leather anniversary (unless someone has already invented virtual leather crisps and scotch - I wouldn't put it past Februs to have already done so, and to have also already created an algorithm for the occasion), but there is still a week to go, so maybe someone else does.

This type of topic is usually something njrick brings to the forefront, so either (a) he is falling down on the job, for which he is handsomely unpaid, or (2) I am completely wrong about the count and the days.

And if I'm wrong about the count, and it isn't really 3 years, well, then as Emily Litella says, "Never Mind."

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 24 Aug 2012 01:15
smeple:
This type of topic is usually something njrick brings to the forefront

Well, I kinda did, actually (see "A Different Kind of Story Challenge"), but perhaps it was premature, or asked too much (reaching 20,000 stories by the big date). SO, most definitely the happy occasion bears mentioning AGAIN. By my count, though, I'd add one more day until we get there, as we had a leap year this year.

Woo-hoo! Three years!

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 24 Aug 2012 01:18
If you click on Search and click the date it will show you all the stories from first to last. The first stories were loaded on August 8, 2007 which means the library is past its fifth birthday already.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 24 Aug 2012 01:32
tiptopper:
The first stories were loaded on August 8, 2007 which means the library is past its fifth birthday already.

Ahhh... not so. The COLLECTION started in 2007, but the stories were offered to readers on a sister site "Bottom Lines." The Library that currently houses them (virtually, of course, unless you believe some of the stories) wasn't founded until just shy of three years ago.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 24 Aug 2012 01:45
I nominate Rick to be designated spankee and take the birthday spanking. All in favor say "aye".

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 24 Aug 2012 01:47
rollin:
I nominate Rick to be designated spankee

Now hold on... that's the most unheard of thing I ever heard of.

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 24 Aug 2012 01:51
rollin:
I nominate Rick to be designated spankee and take the birthday spanking

I wholeheartedly disagree. Why should Rick be the only one to enjoy the festivities? Besides, he already has too much other "stuff" to do around here. It would be quite a burden on him. And since I did write an article for the Wellred Weekly about birthday spankings, I am most qualified to be the designated spankee...so I nominate myself, of course!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 24 Aug 2012 01:53
Janine:
I nominate myself, of course!

I second that nomination! (and third it, and fourth it, if necessary)

westviking
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 24 Aug 2012 13:16
Janine

I say "aye" to both Rick and Janine.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 24 Aug 2012 15:58
westviking:
I say "aye" to both Rick and Janine.

I second it!

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 4
AlanBarr, cady09, Cartwheel, Februs, kakihara, Matt, mobblers, myrkassi, Phocas, spanker30, WilliamAllen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9