LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

"Favorites" Milestones

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 16 Jun 2012 19:14
With all the focus on comments we seem to have missed several other rather impressive numbers that have been wracked up by our authors. Let's recognize the following milestones that were passed recently in the total number of "favorites" designations received on stories.

ONE THOUSAND "FAVORITES" - rollin!!! (Applause!)

TWO THOUSAND "FAVORITES" - Katie B!!!!! (More applause!)

THREE THOUSAND "FAVORITES" - Grace Brackenridge!!!!!!! (Even more applause!)

Obviously these three have been more than a little successful in pleasing their readers.

I would also note that Flogmaster is the only other member of the One Thousand Favorites Received Club, having passed that level quite some time ago.

dund93
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 16 Jun 2012 19:20
A very well done to all concerned.
If you are double jointed, give yourself a hearty pat on the back.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 16 Jun 2012 21:42
Katie B Rollin in Grace. Nice job you three. Well earned, too.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 17 Jun 2012 01:41
All well earned, I can only aspire to this sort of reaction.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 17 Jun 2012 20:12
Thank you all. Since it's undoubtedly the last milestone I'll ever achieve around here. I do watch the comment counter and I'm encouraged when it clicks up. If I only knew WHICH story someone marked, I'd thank them, but, sadly, I have no idea.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 17 Jun 2012 21:03
Would be nice to see the Wellred Weekly articles attract a few more comments given the amount of time the issues take to produce. For example, I would have thought articles such as the one comparing Gothic fiction to spanking fiction in the latest issue would have attracted more than 4 comments from fellow authors or the interview with Cal33 more than 6. All in all, extremely disappointing.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 17 Jun 2012 22:56
i would hazard a guess as to why there are not too many comments in the Wellred Weekly. It is the same reason that most stories don't get that many comments. It is because it is a dead end process. When you make a comment the only people who see it are the author and later commentators. In the Forum if you make a comment somebody else will make a comment on your comment and then somebody else will comment on that, etc. until the topic is exhausted. Perhaps importing the Wellred comments into the Forum in its own section would help.

tfs
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 17 Jun 2012 23:26
Thanks to njrick for putting that info out for all to see and kudos to Rollin, Katie B and Dr. Grace for the deluge of high quality stories!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 18 Jun 2012 00:50
Februs:
Would be nice to see the Wellred Weekly articles attract a few more comments given the amount of time the issues take to produce.

It would be nice, yes. People put a lot of time and effort into writing the articles and producing the magazine. Unfortunately, the same dynamic applies to the WW articles as to the LSF stories -many readers just aren't going to comment. The comments per story rate is better for the WW than for the LSF. Perhaps, though, it SHOULD be, as the writers have been specifically recruited.

Actually, there are two different groups of WW articles. The first three editions, where the articles have been loaded onto the LSF shelves, giving them a "second bite at the apple" as new entries are averaging fifteen comments per article. Those articles from issues 5-8 which have NOT been loaded on the Library shelves still are averaging 10-11 comments apiece, which is significantly better than the average of 6-8 comments per story by the time (about a month after loading) that stories disappear off the "Latest" list. I don't know how many VIEWS the WW articles are getting before being loaded onto the LSF shelves, so I can't compare VCRs.

Why some articles get 30 comments while others only 4 msut be an individual matter, as it is with stories. This doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the quality of the article. Popular authors and controversial topics are going to generate more comments (See Dr. Grace's articles on the psychology of spanking). Although I comment on most articles I read I didn't happen to read the article Februs cites, because I have no particular interest in gothic fiction. That is undoubtedly not the case, though, with all other readers.

Tiptopper's suggestion may have merit, though I'd defer to Februs on its feasibility. Perhaps the software for the Forum and that for the WW are jsut two totally separate things, making it difficult to integrate them. Obviously this could NOT be done with story comments as there simply are far too many stories. With eight issues of WW, there are just about one hundred stories. That is comparable to the number of topics on each section of the Forum. There would have to be a direct link, though, to the WW article, or else someone reading comments on the Forum would have no easy way to find our what is being discussed.

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 9
Alef, Michito21, misterspanker
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9