Way to validate!

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 3 Jun 2012 11:18
opb:
Crisp files may be compressed by the use of a neat little program called Rollingpin which renders the crisps into a .dst file.

Ooooops! I saw a little package marked dst. I thought it was full of dysentery prevention tablets so I pulverised them with my rolling pin, mashed in a dash of tabasco sauce, and put it in Februs jug of Red Bull.
Alas, whatever was in there doesn't seem to be working because Februs has been closeted in the lavatory all night.

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#12 | Posted: 3 Jun 2012 11:26
The great thing about validating is that you get to read stories you otherwise wouldn't have read. Having said that, your appreciation is much appreciated by this humble scribe!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 3 Jun 2012 11:35
bendover:
The crew does a bang up job.

The banging you hear is the sound of .dst files being created with that rolling pin.

corncrake:
might there be something such as a .lqd file

I'll be most happy to email you one once someone sends me the instructions. (in my first try uploading a .lqd file into my computer, said computer made some awful sounds and shut down. Only by a reboot using a .hrdryr file was I able to get it up and running again)

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#14 | Posted: 3 Jun 2012 11:49
njrick:
computer made some awful sounds and shut down

Ah well, that's what one gets for being a corncrake!
Perhaps a pump arrangement to the nearby Island of Jura
might be a more satisfactory (if rather costly) arrangement..
Thanks for trying, Rick

catmama
Female Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 3 Jun 2012 21:10
Thank You to all of you who validate the entries from someone who is just a reader. You make it easy to find something we are interested in.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 02:55
flopsybunny:
Alas, whatever was in there doesn't seem to be working because Februs has been closeted in the lavatory all night

Not a problem though as I had my laptop in there with me and was able to use my neighbour's unsecured wireless internet connection...

bendover
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 03:43
flopsybunny:
whatever was in there doesn't seem to be working because Februs has been closeted in the lavatory all night.

Oh was that the Ooooooooooohahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa I heard coming from there? Scary!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 9 Jun 2012 02:42
Perhaps I spoke too soon in commending the validators. A week after my original post on this thread, and nearly TWO weeks after the rash of loaded stories, one of mine is one of two that have STILL not been fully validated. (the irony, huh?) Kudos, then to just MOST of the validators on the prompt work. (whoever fell behind - YOU know who you are).

(in all seriousness - it's a great job done by the whole team, whenever it gets done)

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 11
aaron2, BigWillie550, CarolinaPaddler, dund93, molvo1, PGreenham, Spankking, studio2, tedb8335, trojan1a, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9