The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Way to validate!

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 2 Jun 2012 11:26
I don't know if everyone noticed, but, since Monday, the Library has been inundated with new material, as thirty-some authors contributed something like a million stories (and songs, and articles). I figured it'd be a couple weeks before everything got categorized and summarized so that we members knew just what we had here to read. But NooooOOOOOoooo. Our efficient validators have been working through the night (ok, it may have been day for them, but it was night SOMEwhere) to complete their assigned duties. In less than five days' time, they have that enormous backlog whittled down to fewer than 20 stories. Ho-hum! They're making it look easy. Come on you authors - let's crank out some more spanking lit before our validating crew gets bored!

Let's hear it for the LSF validators!

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#2 | Posted: 2 Jun 2012 11:46
njrick:
Come on you authors - let's crank out some more spanking lit before our validating crew gets bored!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I am on strike until someone sends more crisps

ps extra smileys just for you Rick

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 2 Jun 2012 11:52
PinkAngel:
I am on strike until someone sends more crisps

I just tried to email you a whole pallet-ful of crisps, but got a message that the file was too large. Can someone tell me how to create a zip file for this?

PinkAngel

Scotland
#4 | Posted: 2 Jun 2012 12:01
njrick

Hmmm keep trying!! Hope you get decent crisps out there? Pringles or kettle chips or McCoys are good! Ps could go a bottle or three of pernod too if you don't mind

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#5 | Posted: 2 Jun 2012 13:51
I agree with njrick...... for the validators. Great job!!

CS

opb
Male Author

England
#6 | Posted: 2 Jun 2012 21:49
Crisp files may be compressed by the use of a neat little program called Rollingpin which renders the crisps into a .dst file. These take up far less space than native crisp files

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 2 Jun 2012 21:54
opb:
These take up far less space than native crisp files

I'll have to try that. I'm sure Pink and the gang will enjoy receiving those .dst files.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 3 Jun 2012 02:09
I was surprised, too, rick. Well, not surprised that they wouldn't get them done for a long time, but surprised at the number of stories. The crew does a bang up job. Thanks again ladies and gents.

B

PinkAngel

Scotland
#9 | Posted: 3 Jun 2012 09:07
opb
Haha love the sound of .dst files, keep em coming my way

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#10 | Posted: 3 Jun 2012 10:09
Gentlemen, your thanks are much appreciated.
But I am sure that none of us would do the validating if
we didn't want to - and it is in the most excellent cause!

Now - might there be something such as a .lqd file?
the contents of which could wash down the .dst
offerings just in case dehydration sets in?

Thanks in anticipation

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 21
bbnebraska12, bjones111, Dave, Eris39, Geoffrey, LPL51681, MarkHall, rebeccafox, SinclairMP
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9