The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

The Latest on the Latest

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 21 Feb 2012 02:10
There have been a number of laments (backed up be Februs' indisputable statistics) that far too often members rely on the "Latest" loaded list to select the stories they read. Well, we may be making progress. I checked out the "activity" pages this evening, only to find that there were twenty-some people logged in, and NOT ONE OF THEM was reading a story on the front page of the "Latest" list. Now I didn't check how much selected reading material was from the second page, nor did I stick around to see how long this situation might endure, but I was reasonably surprised and pleased to see that there must be other avenues (among the many provided here by Februs) that members are actually using to find stories to read.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 21 Feb 2012 03:16
I think they use the Lucky Dip. I know I do a lot of the time. It often brings up stories from a few years ago. There are so many good stories on the LSF from a while ago. I think the Luck Dip is the best bet for finding those stories with the exception of using the alphabetical listing.

B

opb
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 21 Feb 2012 07:53
And I've been trying to hack into the algorithm to make all the stories displayed in Lucky Dip my ones.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 21 Feb 2012 18:18
Impossible to figure. I've been keeping track of "hits" on my stories, i.e., how many reads per day. Before I left on vacation I'd been getting 70-100. I come back and it's down to 10 per day. And you can forget comments. Nobody is doing that. Either I've become immensely unpopular, or the readers have moved on. I have no idea.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 03:53
rollin:
Either I've become immensely unpopular, or the readers have moved on.

Time to ride off into obscurity, never to be seen again. I do it every few months myself. Having nothing new posted IS like living in the shadows. A new story always piques readers' interest. So stop worrying about your views and comments (listen to who's saying this [and no comments from the peanut gallery]), and write something new already. We're WAITING.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 04:35
rollin:
Impossible to figure. I've been keeping track of "hits" on my stories, i.e., how many reads per day. Before I left on vacation I'd been getting 70-100. I come back and it's down to 10 per day. And you can forget comments. Nobody is doing that. Either I've become immensely unpopular, or the readers have moved on. I have no idea.

Well, the story-reading public has an extremely short memory, that's probably the situation that you're facing at the moment.

Simply post a twelve-part, spanking-oriented parody/satire of GONE WITH THE WIND and you'll be right back in the Library's limelight.

I guarantee it, 'triple your money back'... --C.K.

opb
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 08:41
rollin:
I've been keeping track of "hits" on my stories, i.e., how many reads per day.

Reads per day? per day ? such riches beyond compare ! more like flick-throughs per fortnight here.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 18:04
CrimsonKidCK:
Simply post a twelve-part, spanking-oriented parody/satire of GONE WITH THE WIND and you'll be right back in the Library's limelight.

No sooner said than done, CK - though sorry, it's only a one-parter. (There are limits.) Still, hope you enjoy it.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 18:28
Ok, ok. I get it. Boo f%#*ing Hoo. Pity Poor Me. Que the violins. I'm buried under 6 feet of snow up here in LaForge and I feel like crap, so 'scuse me if I complain about stuff. You can't grouse around here without somebody jumping on your case. On top of that PhilK beat me to the punch on that GWTW saga.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 19:13
Spanking in GWTW? Is that why she was named "Scarlett?"

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 9
anpedant, Euphrosyne, Jackmydaw, manhattan, stevenr, theo54
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9