Male Author

England
#31 | Posted: 4 Jan 2012 14:14
"origonal" should be spelt "Oregonal".

bendover
Male Author

USA
#32 | Posted: 4 Jan 2012 14:30
I wouldn't want to see the comments requirement moved up. There are two old sayings, 'if it's not broken then don't fix it.' AND 'Learn to leave well enough alone.'

As I've said before, I'm glad to see my stories being read.

B

bendover
Male Author

USA
#33 | Posted: 4 Jan 2012 14:33
wooz1111
Wooz, when you do comment it's greatly appreciated, and always decent.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#34 | Posted: 4 Jan 2012 14:46
I'd like to mention a song by js-anon called The Battle Hymn of the Republic. It was written in 2009 and I was so surprised that I was the first and only one to comment. This is a great piece. If anyone has the time, give it a try.

B

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#35 | Posted: 4 Jan 2012 15:06
The joy of an author receiving comments is that very often they are unpredictable. I have received favourable comments about some of my stories I was less than happy about. As against that, for some of those I thought were my best efforts, I've received very few comments. I leave readers to guess which was which!

I think all I would ask is that people don't take things too seriously. As I've said in another context, this is after all a fun site - I hope!

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#36 | Posted: 4 Jan 2012 20:11
Speaking of stats, December 2011 was the second best month in quantity of comments with almost 3500, just behind May. I think it's significant... If I could only think why it's significant...

But there's a story lurking behind the statistics. Are our female librarians to blame (with a spanking) and to praise (with a single malt Scotch) for the drop and growth of the number of comments?

brian9
Male Author

USA
#37 | Posted: 4 Jan 2012 21:36
I, too, really appreciate the comments I receive on my stories and one of my New Year's resolutions is to write more comments myself.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#38 | Posted: 4 Jan 2012 22:15
Lincoln:
# Posted: Today, 15:06
Reply Quote
The joy of an author receiving comments is that very often they are unpredictable.

I agree that comments are unpredictable. I have posted stories and gotten a number of comments after they have posted and then it dies to nothing. Then months later I have gotten several comments about the same story on the same day. Why did several people choose to comment on the same story after months of no comments? Who knows.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#39 | Posted: 4 Jan 2012 22:26
tiptopper:
Why did several people choose to comment on the same story after months of no comments? Who knows.

When someone comments on an old story the comment appears on the front page. Others see it and are prompted to read it and some of those also lodge comments. It's a cascade effect.

patxi
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#40 | Posted: 5 Jan 2012 17:01
You people are giving me a complex. From where do you find the time to read so many stories and offer so many comments? My conscience, never easy at the best of times has been burdened of late by all that I should have read and yet not read and consequently all that I ought to have commented on and not been able so to do. And now I seem to have committed myself to churning out a fresh part to an ongoing serial every two weeks. How do you all do it?

Not complaining or whingeing in any way, just curious. My apologies to all those wonderful people whose work I've so woefully missed out on.

Regards from Patxi, who is having to send this from some grubby little Locutorio.

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 7
darkstar01, donaldo, drkeate, geromino17, merial, rabbitrun, Trajan, trojan1a
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9