The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Honoring the validators!

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 8 Jul 2011 04:33
On another thread, beth83 mentioned that she didn't know who the validators are. It's time to lift the veil of obscurity that for too long has shrouded their efforts.

Everyone knows what a great job that Februs and our librarians do (except for the propensity of the latter to over-imbibe, eat the Library's entire stash of crisps, and annoy certain un-named members, who shall be identified only by their initials, such as Arthur Jame Bli.... er... AJB). But without the efforts of our validators we wouldn't have the little synopses, carefully edited text, and neat little icons we've come to rely upon.

Who does this fine work? Well, to get the complete list, you can click on the "About" button on the menu bar, and then click "Staff" (which doesn't, in these case, mean that big stick carried around by our very own Goodgulf). [or, for those who don't understand the concept of of clicking buttons, but nonetheless DO understand the more obscure concept of cutting and pasting) you can cut and paste the following into your browser[ http://www.spankinglibrary.co.cc/index.php?func=about&view=stf ]. There you'll see ALL the validators AND the number of stories each has validated (this site is great for statistics, isn't it?).

The familiar names of PinkAngel, flopsybunny, and Linda appear at the top of the list (disproving the notion that they spend ALL of their time in the aforementioned imbibing and crisp-eating). BUT you'll also see the less-well-known names of corncrake and bendover (each with over a thousand stories validated - - and many other names - cheery, Lincoln, elliej, Dave, etc, etc.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the content icon validators and sub-genre validators, such as jefesse, FLN825, and turk!

So, the next time you see one of them online, why don't you send a pop-up and thank them for their hard work! (that's a helluva lot cheaper than shipping them the chocolate, booze, and spanking gear they deserve, isn't it?)

Let's hear it for the validators!

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 8 Jul 2011 04:40
I looked at the staffing when I first joined in January 2011 but never imagined the work the validators did until I realized just how many stories come into this site. It is a lot of work and without the Library admin staff and all the other volunteers this place would not be what it is today.

I totally agree with NJ, ( and I am too cheap to send chocolates, booze or spanking gear) the validators and all the volunteers on this site deserve a big thanks and should know we appreciate every bit of work they do. Well done to everyone who works for this site, it is fantastic.

beth83
Female Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 8 Jul 2011 04:55
Hip, hip, hooray for our validators. I am amazed at the speed at which they accomplish their task. A story will just be posted and it's already been validated. Many thanks from this author and reader for the fine work that they do.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 8 Jul 2011 08:53
I'll join in the cheers. It takes a lot of work to make this place as good as it is and validating is a pretty thankless task.

JohnH
Male Member

England
#5 | Posted: 8 Jul 2011 10:10
I have to applaud NJRick for his post on this. Without this work we would have no library to enjoy. I think a reasonable maxim here would be that it takes HOURS of work to validate and mere SECONDS to congratulate. As a regular reader I for one want all of these dedicated validation workers to know that the work they do IS noticed and IS certainly VALUED. Thanks to you all.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 8 Jul 2011 10:14
With out them I would have gone mad quite some time ago! Grin!

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#7 | Posted: 8 Jul 2011 10:40
Your gratitude and thanks is welcome and appreciated but money [ cash in a brown envelope ] works better.

Don't leave it with any of the others, they'll just waste it on cheap sherry.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 8 Jul 2011 10:45
cheery:
they'll just waste it on cheap sherry.

Absolutely! It's far better to leave it with someone with refined taste who'll waste it on a better grade of booze!

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#9 | Posted: 8 Jul 2011 10:49
cheery:
cash in a brown envelope

Now that sounds good. I could acquire a taste for other than cheap sherry. There are some pretty decent brandies around, I believe.
Thank you, everyone, for all your kind words.
Believe it or not, it can actually be enjoyable!

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#10 | Posted: 8 Jul 2011 10:51
Don't listen to her, it's hell out here in the validating room.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 8
carto75, Derrick30, Heroth, kenjperr, slowsong, WhiteWhale7
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9