The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

That wonderful voice....

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 9 Jun 2011 06:35
Who's the wonderful voice reading those stories?

Goodgulf

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 9 Jun 2011 06:42
Sorry - I mean voices. I had only heard her reading when I posted, then I clicked on another one and heard him reading.

Goodgulf

SNM
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 9 Jun 2011 07:22
Which ones?

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#4 | Posted: 9 Jun 2011 07:39
Goodgulf:
who's reading those stories?

The audio stories so far have been read by Janine, Flopsy, Corncrake, me, KatieB, TheEnglishMaster and Billboard. You can see who has read each story by looking in the narrator column. Glad you're enjoying them. The audio stories are yet another great idea by the very ingenious Februs

opb
Author

Is there any way of finding the audio stories, or are they mixed up with the text ones?

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 9 Jun 2011 16:23
There's a new menu option - one that looks like a pair of headphones. Click on that (like I did - because I hadn't seen it before and was curious) and you'll find a list of all the current audio stories.

Goodgulf

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 9 Jun 2011 16:28
Only a few people, mainly authors, have access to the Audio button at the moment. This is because the audio project has only just kicked off and is still at the experimental stage. There are alot of people running around like headless chickens, and quite a few more with sore throats

Watch this space for updates

flopsy
Ps opb - your access will be set up later today

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 9 Jun 2011 18:48
The audio recordings are something we're experimenting with in terms of audio settings and how to integrate them into the rest of the site. I also don't know what effect on bandwidth making them available will have so for now at least we've just made the facility available to a handful of people. I think it's fair to say it's been reasonably successful so far and certainly good fun. The various narrators are listed in the table of audio files if you want to know who's doing what and also, as of last night, the narrators should be visible via the Activity page by hovering over the headphones icon if someone is listening to something.

We started off with single narrators just reading the story but have made one attempt at doing one with more than one voice involved, in this case TheEnglishMaster and flopsy. I was able to piece the dialogue together and it doesn't sound too bad although you can tell they were recorded in different places. It might be possible in future to change the reverb of the whole spliced recording to try and minimise that effect though.

Also, we now have a couple of recordings with actual implement sounds, rather than simply reading out "WHACK" or the equivalent. I believe TheEnglishMaster has done one and last night Katie B provided us with a recording with actual paddle sounds in it. If you want to know where those came from you'll have to ask her ;)

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 9 Jun 2011 20:11
I don't know what this audio is all about. It seems quite interesting. I have seen on the activity that someone is hearing audio. That's all.

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 11 Jun 2011 21:29
Wow. That's ambitious. I'm impressed.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 12 : Guests - 10
Azarga, blkspnkr, chris27, Derrick30, Februs, KatiePie, littleb, Nickf, royaledark, tarzan, timthetum, trojan1a
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9