LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Comment Glut - Revisited

Page  Page 3 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
rollin
Male Member

USA
#21 | Posted: 4 Jun 2011 17:54
If that's what has happened, it's a change from before. Previously You could see that someone was commenting on a challenge story, you just didn't know which one and those comments were not posted until after the contest. Februs, what's the story?

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#22 | Posted: 4 Jun 2011 19:48
I didn't know that comments were indicated on the "activity" page. I had thought that any indication to comments on the contests were blocked. Maybe there are very little comments.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#23 | Posted: 4 Jun 2011 21:18
That's why I'm curious

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#24 | Posted: 5 Jun 2011 01:42
I don't always look at the "activity" page. I would have assumed that no mention of the contests, in terms of any reading, comments, would be given. Commenting on poetry, for me, is very difficult. I really don't believe that there will be that much commenting on poetry. If it were stories, yes. The question is whether comment activity is shown on the "activity" page. Only Fabus can answer this question.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#25 | Posted: 5 Jun 2011 02:44
Sebastian:
Only Fabus can answer this question

Sebastian:
Commenting on poetry, for me, is very difficult

I agree, I have made comments on the poems to encourage other writers to keep on writing but to say actual things about the poems when my knowledge and appreciation for poetry are very limited is very hard. I have seen the activity page saying "so-and-so is commenting on a entry in the challenge" or something similiar to that but like last time no comments are visible until after the contest closes.

I hope Sabastian you misspelled FEBRUS in error or else you may be in a lot of trouble...LOL

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 5 Jun 2011 03:18
rollin:
If that's what has happened, it's a change from before. Previously You could see that someone was commenting on a challenge story, you just didn't know which one and those comments were not posted until after the contest. Februs, what's the story?

The activity page behaves the same way for the Challenge entries as it does for comments made on ordinary submissions and will show when someone has commented, it doesn't indicate what they commented on. What you need to remember though is that the Activity page just shows a snapshot at a given moment in time so if you comment but then click on something else it's only the last activity that will be displayed on the Activity page when it takes its snapshot. Typically, after commenting, most people go and do something else so the Activity page doesn't always capture that particular action.

In addition, the poetry challenge hasn't been as widely participated in as the story ones (from a reader point of view) which is understandable but I think it's more important we have variety in these things rather than simply do the same thing all the time.

p.s. assuming my SQL query was correct there have been 478 comments made on the poetry challenge entries so far.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 5 Jun 2011 04:37
Februs:
it's more important we have variety in these things rather than simply do the same thing all the time.

b-but... what about consistency? and predictability? and routine? It's scary when things aren't comfortably the same!

dilbert113
Male Member

USA
#28 | Posted: 5 Jun 2011 15:22
Sometimes the comments are more interesting than the story itself.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#29 | Posted: 5 Jun 2011 16:04
Februs:
The activity page behaves the same way for the Challenge entries as it does for comments made on ordinary submissions and will show when someone has commented, it doesn't indicate what they commented on.

Ok--maybe I'm just on line at the wrong times. I used to see that all the time with the other challenges, but not once on this one.

Februs:
there have been 478 comments made on the poetry challenge entries so far.

That's actually a lot, given that there are 60 entries, but what do I know about poetry anyway.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#30 | Posted: 5 Jun 2011 19:37
To be honestly truthful, I am not a big fan on any poetry, except for the classics; Frost, Walt Whitman, etc., etc.I love Edgar Allen Poe and of course, the English Poets. Thats it. Erotic Poetry is not a big favorite with me. I know we need diversity and if this is your "thing," go for it. Not for me. I struggled through this contest and took away my time with reading stories. I must be behind 100 stories.
Sorry about the spelling of FEBRUS. I always try and proof read. Maybe I had too much Jack Daniels Black to drink. (LOLOLO)

Page  Page 3 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 0 : Guests - 7
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9