The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Story Character Lover

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
Guy
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 21 Sep 2013 01:28
Kia:
As a new writer, everything is too fresh to enjoy my own writing yet.

That's interesting. Many of us (including myself) started writing with only ourselves as the intended audience.

Kia:
It's rather like working on an extensive project with close friends- as much as I may like them at the start, by the time we're through we could use some time apart.

I can't say that I have ever felt that way myself, but it makes perfect sense!

Kia
Female Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 21 Sep 2013 03:24
Guy:
Many of us (including myself) started writing with only ourselves as the intended audience

I imagine that may be much more common, though I never had much motivation to write for myself. I have background experience not in writing but oral storytelling (long story ;) ), so while the process of thinking through stories is enjoyable for me, it's taking a while to transition to writing. It took a long time and a great deal of prompting from a few friends to get me started, but it's been very fun so far.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 21 Sep 2013 13:35
Kia:
while the process of thinking through stories is enjoyable for me, it's taking a while to transition to writing. It took a long time and a great deal of prompting from a few friends to get me started

Same with me. I always wanted to write, but never thought I could until I was encouraged by friends to try it just a couple of years ago. Now, I love it, and it's all I want to do. I never intended to share my attempts with others, but I am glad I was talked into doing that as well. I have to say, though, that I do enjoy my own stories, both writing them and reading them.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#14 | Posted: 21 Sep 2013 18:32
I have been hopelessly in love with all of Hardy's heroines and most of Dostoevsky's (although I had a feeling Nastasya Filipovna would not be good for me); had I dared, I would have challenged Heathcliff over Catherine; I was deeply disappointed that Dorothea could choose Mr. Casaubon instead of me; and I would definitely have loved to spank Elizabeth Bennet, just to mention a few...

As for Kia's comment, I don't think I have ever really tired of my own characters, but I have definitely tired of myself and my lack of ability to render them the way I see them in my mind....

blimp
Male Author

England
#15 | Posted: 22 Sep 2013 10:46
As a teenager I was desperately in love with Miriam in Sons and Lovers. I could never understand how this Paul Morel character could be so half-hearted about her. Years later I imagined myself as the dashing Vronsky madly in love with Anna K. Now I have run out of leading roles that I could sensibly aspire to! Nothing worse than the sight of some old bugger chasing a woman half his age with no hope of success!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 22 Sep 2013 12:35
blimp:
Nothing worse than the sight of some old bugger chasing a woman half his age with no hope of success!

What about the sight of some even older bugger chasing a woman just a third his age?

blimp
Male Author

England
#17 | Posted: 22 Sep 2013 13:11
On his zimmer frame you mean Rick? And whats he going to do when he catches her?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 22 Sep 2013 13:32
njrick:
On his zimmer frame you mean Rick? And whats he going to do when he catches her?

Exactly! Isn't that ever so much more pathetic? Unless, of course, he is uber-wealthy, in which case he may very well have success.

blimp
Male Author

England
#19 | Posted: 22 Sep 2013 13:49
njrick:
Unless, of course, he is uber-wealthy, in which case he may very well have success.

One doesn't like to be cynical but if he is wealthy enough they will be chasing him! Thank goodness I don't have that problem!

Malcatraz
Male Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 22 Sep 2013 14:02
Kia:
so while the process of thinking through stories is enjoyable for me, it's taking a while to transition to writing.

I find the process of writing ponderous at best. I sometimes find myself just staring at the keyboard as I try to find the best way to phrase what I want to say. As for my characters, once I have them "fleshed out", I look at them as good friends rather that love interests even though they are all products of my fantasies

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»