The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

What mainstream spanking Art caught your eye before you knew you were a Spanko?

Page  Page 4 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 11 Jun 2013 04:26
The Katzenjammer Kids used to be regularly spanked in the strips. The Australian answer to Dennis the Menace, Ginger Meggs was regularly threatened with a 'belting' at home and school, and he did get them, but it was never shown in the strips. In fact I think one of his school teachers was called Flogwell or Canehard.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#32 | Posted: 11 Jun 2013 11:12
Ah yes, how can I have forgotten to mention the Katzenjammer Kids. Hans and Fritz were always getting spanked. And sometimes the other snooty boy in the strip called Rollo, thunk one time he got spanked on his swim trunks with a diving flipper. And there was a girl, Lena I think, one sometimes got spanked and once got her mouth soaped for fibbing.
They don't make comics like that anymore.
Incidentally, re the mention of ""near nudes of Conan", one reason Marvel launched its black and white magazines in the 70s was to get around the Code. They were not considered to be aimed at the juvenile audience the colored ones were. Of course by then comics were enjoying a much older audience too-had become very popular on college campuses.

dund93
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 11 Jun 2013 12:44
Many moons ago when I was young there was always spanking in the Beano and Dandy. Dennis the Menace(UK) and Minny the Minx were always over their long suffering fathers laps being slippered.
I also vividly remember the Carrie strip in the Mayfair when she was caned as a teacher. I don't know who did the drawings of Carrie but I thought she was gorgeous and wished I was that headmaster.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#34 | Posted: 11 Jun 2013 19:22
Robert56:
Thank you Crimson. I know this can be quite expensive and I had some custom drawings done by endart once. They turned out nice and as I remember it was about $500.00 for I think 5 or 6 drawings. The cost depended upon how many characters appeared in the drawings. having your own special scenario and wanting spankers and spankees positioned in very certain ways can be costly. Then there is finding an artist who is good at drawing what you want. I know from reading on here that most if not all artists draw what they like best in spanking scenarios and most likely these would reflect their best work.

Couple of other artists that do custom work are PalComics at bbmbbf@gmail.com (email) and JayEm at jayem@terra.com.br (email). I love JayEm's work. I don't know what these artists charge, but the artwork is extremely high quality and I love the voluptuous, Amazonian quality of Jayem's spankers.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 11 Jun 2013 23:28
One famous spanking in mainstream comics that suddenly became popular again in the 80's when I was collecting comics and so I used to see it all the time was from the pages of Will Eisner's The Spirit. I think they may have started to reprint them for another generation. There was one famous issue where The Spirit spanked his girlfriend Ellen, I think it was largely played for laughs, but there was Ellen on the cover and inside draped over her boyfriend's lap while he applied his large gloved hand to the seat of her tight 40's style skirt.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#36 | Posted: 12 Jun 2013 06:47
Now there is an artist calling himself "the Spirit" who draws in the same style (maybe he actually IS Will Eisner?) who has a whole series of spanking art pictures (all F/f apparently) and has a website somewhere. I have a few of his pics and they're good...

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 12 Jun 2013 10:36
Eisner is considered one of the greats when it comes to comic strips and the yearly award given to the best artist is actually named the Eisner in his honour. I'd say the artist you're talking about does what he does and uses the name as an homage to the great man. It was unfortunate that the film made about the character was badly handled and flopped.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#38 | Posted: 12 Jun 2013 13:00
If anyone hasn't seen the National Lampoon cover mentioned at the start of this thread, it's the 7th image in this delightful sequence ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEJ_aq5c78w

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#39 | Posted: 12 Jun 2013 19:30
Regarding that youtube sequence: the one with Red Skelton poised to paddle the bottom of the lady over his lap, which is probably a publicity still for "The Fuller Brush Man", that is one big hairbrush! Perfect for spanking...

kerrsutherland
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#40 | Posted: 13 Jun 2013 00:32
Although this doesn't quite apply, I knew I was into CP when I was in single digits but couldn't articulate it and-frankly-I tended to be a bit of a coward. Example, twice I had the opportunity for a birthday spanking and said no. In any case, while in the UK as a high school foreign exchange student, I saw in a department store this wonderful figurine of a little boy, with his bottom bared, across the lap of his mother or grandmother (can't remember now) getting a spanking. It was one of those fancy figurine makers. I so badly wanted to purchase it but didn't cause I knew I wouldn't be able to explain the purchase to the Maternal One. I had tried, in the past, to explain my interest but she kept referring to CP as "beating." Thus, I never really tried to talk to her about it again. In any case, that figurine was truly beautiful and kewl.

Page  Page 4 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»