The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

What mainstream spanking Art caught your eye before you knew you were a Spanko?

Page  Page 1 of 7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
Dweebdotcom
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 6 Jun 2013 22:42
In another Thread catmama mentioned her fascination with the art work on a magazine cover. So I thought I would ask the question.

Mine was the cover of National Lampoon showing an elderly professer spanking a female student (adult) with a slide ruler. It's a barebottom over the knee spanking and the student is holding her report card wich shows an F. Actually maybe the spanker is supposed to be her father. Anyways I came across this gem when I was 9 or 10 and literally would stare at it for hours.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 6 Jun 2013 22:48
I bought a copy of that issue of National Lampoon on Ebay a couple of years ago. It certainly is a wonderful illustration.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 6 Jun 2013 23:56
I knew it fascinated me by the time I saw any art work, but yes I do remember seeing that National Lampoon drawing and it making me think. There were also a couple of illustrations of Dennis the Menace (the American one) getting spanked in Mad magazine that I really liked and made me wonder why we never saw any of him being spanked in his own books, because he sure enough deserved them.

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 7 Jun 2013 01:34
There were many spankings in Berke Breathed's Bloom County strip. My favourite one was with Oliver Wendel Jones and his father and it went something like this:
frame 1: Son, the FBI just called
frame 2: they say that someone hacked the NYSE ticker with a message saying that IBM was about to fail and they wondered if you knew anything about that.
frame 3: right now, new York, London and Paris are burning
frame 4: Oliver is over his father's knees with his bottom bared and his father is about to start spanking him. Oliver says "o well I guess he couldn't say that he did the same thing as a kid."

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 7 Jun 2013 03:04
Seegee:
made me wonder why we never saw any of him being spanked in his own books, because he sure enough deserved them.

Seegee,
I have a 1977 newspaper cartoon of Dennis the Menace being spanked. If you want to see it send me a pop-up with your email address and I will scan it and send it to you.

DarkRiver
Male Member

Canada
#6 | Posted: 7 Jun 2013 03:31
I think the image I loved best was from an old parenting book. It was a line drawing of a little girl bent over a stool with her bottom bared.The caption "The quickest way into a kids brain is through her bottom" under it. I must have been 13 at the time that i found it. Sadly I lost the photocopy I had of the picture.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 7 Jun 2013 06:17
There were a number of spanking panels in the various incarnations of Archie comics from the 1960s and 70s. I heard that Archie comics were written and drawn by a number of different people over the years. Assuming that is true - and it makes sense that it is - most of them must have had some interest in spanking, since there were different variations: Mr. Weathbee spanking Betty and Veronica, Archie kicking Reggie in the butt (not really m/m, as it was something to do with some sort of hypnosis that Reggie was under), and Betty and Veronica spanking Archie (I remember the plot of this story, and how it ended, but I don't recall if it was the original Archie or a Little Archie comic. Though that didn't stop me from basing a story on it. Since I don't like to resort to shameless plugging, I won't mention the title of this story, but you could find it if you want to, by searching the LSF data base under "And The Beat Goes On . . .).

I wasn't even much into comic books, and when I did read them, I leaned more towards Superman. The Archie comics were my sister's, and the only ones I can really remember are the ones which had spankings in them. Which I guess shows where my mind is at - and where it has always been at.

Also, though it isn't exactly spanking related, there was that Coppertone Girl ad in which a dog is tugging at the bottom half of the bathing suit of the young girl, partially exposing her white cheeks, ostensibly showing the difference between her Coppertone-assisted tanned (not burned!) legs/torso, and her white cheeks. It probably has no effect on people who aren't into spanking, but I always thought of spanking when I saw it (and I was probably just a bit older than the girl in the drawing when I first came across it). I feel a little guilty about this, since the girl in the cartoon was probably about 5.

I recently read that the girl drawn in the ad was based on an actual person, whose mother worked for ad agencies and created a drawing of her daughter, which was used for the Coppertone ad. But the girl, who is about my age now, absolutely HATES anyone referencing that drawing, or asking about her "tan lines." Geez, some people are soooooo sensitive!

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 7 Jun 2013 06:26
I know Mr Lodge was shown spanking Veronica and how she so deserved it, although I think if he had ever really spanked her I doubt she would have behaved the way that she did to others. I never saw Mr Weatherbee do it, though. I would imagine he paddled the girls bending over with an old fashioned Board of Education.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 7 Jun 2013 07:38
I remember seeing the occasional spanking in "Superman" comics, including Lois Lane getting spanked and I think, Superman spanking Supergirl at one point. Also there were several comic strips (now defunct) where kids got spankings, including "Little Lulu", "Little Dot", "Nancy (and Sluggo)" and others. I also remember the "Coppertone" ad with the little girl having her bottom bared by the puppy, although I never associated that with spanking. Dennis the Menace was a source of fascination and frustration for me because he never got spanked, even though he richly deserved it on many occasions. He was probably the most deserving of spanking of any kid until "Calvin and Hobbes" came along. Now he really had some spankings coming!

I well remember the famous "National Lampoon" cover. I was at the store right after I got out of the hospital after surgery when I was nineteen. I had read the magazine before and, when I saw that cover, I had to have it! (still do, somewhere). I've also had several pics of it in various formats downloaded over the years on my hard drive (and backed up on removable media). I'm not losing that one!

The original artist who created "Archie" was Dan DeCarlo who was a "pin-up" and "adult" artist before he created (or at least first drew "Archie and Veronica"). He did a lot of nude and topless women in cartoons of the kind that ran in "men's" magazines and some of them had to do with the women getting spanked for one reason or another. "Archie" was considered a "kid's" comic, so there wasn't a lot of kinky stuff (even camoflaged" in it but since it was set in a '50s-like atmosphere originally, it's not surprising there was the occasional spanking or school paddling. I'm sure there would be more if Archie and his friends weren't yet in high school as spanking of younger kids was more common then. Oh well...

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 7 Jun 2013 12:42
Comic strips are mainly what I remember, notably a great one of a Smilin Jack character giving a girl wearing tight pants a spanking, one that looked quite painful, with "painlines" . Not to mention that he had her by the hair!
As for Archie comics don't remember any where the girls got spanked, but do remember a couple where Archie got spanked by his father, one as a teen and the other in the Little Archie comic.Both were not seen, only the aftermath but were quite memorable. In the first one Archie was spanked with a hairbrush and is en afterwards walking along, hand on his bottom, with painstars. In Little Archie he was spanked when he tried to fly like a bird and jump off the garage roof . His father caught him, a kid said "great catch Mr. Andrews" and he said something about what litle Archie was going to catch. Then, he with this other kid called something like Dilbert? who is talking on the phone something about what its like to soar like abird. He says Archie already knew that, his father taught him. Not what it was like to soar, but "what it was like to be sore!" And shows Archie with a very unhappy face touching the seat of his little plaid shorts with marks drawn to indicate pain and soreness. And yes, he is standing.
Of course there were all the little kid spankings in Little Lulu, Little Iodine, Henry, and so on. And one of Dixie Dugan , if anyone remembers her, spanking her little niece Imogene with the hairbrush.
And saw that great Steve Canyon one where cousin Poteet behaves badly and and he is saying in the last panel when someone asks him when they are leaving- "as soon as my cousin Potet gets back with an air cushion for her to sit on", and the look of shock or bewilderment on the female officer's face.
As many of you must know, Chicago Spanking Review is the great place for spanking in the comics. Only problem is that they are only interested in M/F,and carry F/F somewhat grudginly, often saying how much better it would have been if the woman had been spanked by a man.

Page  Page 1 of 7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»