library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Plugboard /

Writing Again.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 22 Jul 2016 13:58
After a very long hiatus I have decided to start writing again. I have some ideas for stories but in past comments readers have indicated they would like to follow-ups or additional stories with certain characters. Know for example that some have expressed interest in any later adventures of Renee the sometimes bratty physician.
I have decided to try my hand at some M/m or M/M domestic discipline type stories. As with my other stories,nothing in the way of sexual encounters, more along the lines of "Dad takes junior to the woodshed".
In fact have already submitted a couple or so stories , not sure what happened to them.Got an email asking me to make some grammatical corrections,comma usage mainly. Used the Contact Us page to send them, they don't show up in the Sent item on the mail account I use, so no idea where to find them.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 22 Jul 2016 15:39
In case you are still looking, after you do the corrections and send the stories back in, they will be put on the listing to be published. As soon as Flopsy approves them they are put on a list of new stories to be published and they will be on site shortly afterward. This all takes time so if you don't make it on the first list after you submit the corrections the chances are very good your stories will make the second listing. Congrats on deciding to write again and I know you will do well.

CS

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 22 Jul 2016 18:57
It's great to hear that you are writing again Redskinluver.

Redskinluver:
they don't show up in the Sent item on the mail account I use, so no idea where to find them.

That's not good! If they haven't been "sent", they then they likely haven't been received. Look in your "All Mail" and "Drafts" folders.

Guy

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 22 Jul 2016 21:15
But they were received, because I got asked to make some grammatical corrections. I sent them using the Contact Us function here. Presumably thats why they don't show up in the Sent folder of my email account. Have mentionef this to the admins but not anything back. They were received here and must be somewhere,just I can't get at them.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 22 Jul 2016 21:26
Guy, if he sent them via the "Contact Us" function, they wouldn't show up in his email sent folder.

Stories go up in batches, and the timing seems to be about a week after they were received. We're about due for the next batch, so assuming you sent back the requested corrections, yours will probably show up in that batch. (I'm super-impatient about waiting for my stories to show up once submitted -- especially when I submit right before a batch comes out, so they miss that batch and have to be saved for the next. )

Also, they usually come up in batches of 30, so sometimes it's possible that there are more stories ready than than, and they end up waiting another week.

I'm a big fan of "Dad takes junior to the woodshed" type stories (especially if a leather implement is involved) so I'll be watching for yours.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 23 Jul 2016 19:15
Still have not located the two that they wanted correction on, and there was another I sent before I received the message about corrections for the first two.
Have not heard back from the admins about where they might be, assume they must be busy with other matters,expect they have other jobs and so forth. Notice there have been no additions to the library for a week so must be something like that.
All my previous stories were ones I had posted on other sites that they posted themselves. When I wrote in the past it was simply a matter of going to the storyboard section of Spanking Classics,SpankSpot,SIN ,whatever, and posting a story thread.
Will hold off on additional submissions for time being until the mystery of these is solved,hopefully successfully.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#7 | Posted: 23 Jul 2016 19:32
It's call hurry up and wait. Your stories will be there, don't fret. If there was any problem you would have heard by now.

CS

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 27 Jul 2016 19:18
Everyone have patience, I will start putting some ideas on paper,in a metaphorical sense, just want to spend some time with the Author's Guide, making sure I have the punctuation requirements down pat. Comma placement can be so complicated.
Did get couple stories returned to my email and will be working the corrections as soon as I figure out how to correct something received as an email and return a copy.Must admit I am no full-fledged computer geek, like most of my generation.
I do appreciate how professional writing style is required here. So much written online without regard for correct usage of language. Anyone can make a typo- I once typed " spankong library" and got a message that the server cannot be found. But I wonder if there is not a whole segment of the population out there that does not know correct spelling of words, sentence structure and so forth to begin with!

Just thought I'd mention that I have made corrections and sent some stories in. Hopefully I got all the comma placement and such correct this time. Have also learned not to write if I am tired, when going over one story I found errors that would not have slipped by had I been more alert while proofreading.
Have a bunch more story ideas which I hope to get around to working on eventually.
This is for those who have read and commented on my stories. There had been some interest expressed in some comments about wanting more stories involving certain characters. If anyone had a character from a certain story or stories they would like to see more of, please send me a popup.
I have never tried doing an actual series, but have a number of stories that feature the same characters, but which can be read more or less independently of each other.

Online now: Members - 12 : Guests - 5
davenhall, giantsfan1529, jwads, mobblers, mrswitcheroo, muirbabe, ninjamurt, Pembridge06, rabbitrun, steve77, tocciek, vanillayes
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9