LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Seeking Recommendations for BDSM Fiction

Page  Page 5 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
saetana
Female Member

England
#41 | Posted: 16 Mar 2011 07:36
Thanks for that recommendation mati, I haven't read that one yet and I will certainly look it up in the library.

Thanks rollin, I'll take a look at that one as well. For a novel I'm looking for a male policeman (two would be even better, LOL, three would be greedy), I was debating about attempting a story of my own but the standard of writing on here has put me off a bit , I'm a decent enough writer in general but I haven't attempted to write any fiction since I was at school (a long time ago). I used to keep a diary of my adventures (a blog in the days before blogs existed) which I sent to my BDSM friends via email but that was written in a very casual and conversational style and wasn't fiction (it might have sounded like it at times but every word was true, LOL), its a shame I lost most of the Word documents with the diary years ago with a major computer failure (and the backup didn't work either, so glad to have seen the demise of floppy disks) but then again I hate reading stuff I wrote years ago, my writing style is constantly changing and I tend to cringe at some of the things I wrote when I was younger. I do write satirical and humorous poems sometimes, that might be somewhere to start but poetry is nowhere near as widely read as stories, I rarely bother reading it myself. I'm a terrible procrastinator so I'll probably never get around to it.

Thanks for that URL flopsybunny, I'll definitely take a look at that. I remember reading an odd one of the Gor novels years ago and recall them being pretty kinky, wonder if they have them at my local library?

rollin
Male Member

USA
#42 | Posted: 16 Mar 2011 18:20
The Gor novels are a bit kinky but I found them frustrating and I think that there is just not enough of TTWD in them to satisfy readers of this board. It's a lot of bombastic master/slave stuff, endless philosophizing about it. I stopped reading them after a few.

If you want a male policeman, there is a recurring theme over in the "spanking romance" genre of a cop assigned to protect a witness (our fiesty heroine, who naturally does not cooperate) or who is trying to solve a mystery but our fiesty heroine (who is now a meddlesome reporter) gets in the way with predictable results. I have one or two of these somewhere, but in general I'm underwhelmed by the genre.

saetana
Female Member

England
#43 | Posted: 17 Mar 2011 07:26
Well, I finally found a truly good BDSM novel, it is called To Seek a Master by Monica Belle and it is a beautiful and well-written story about Laura, a twenty-something (no teenagers thankfully) PA who commutes to work each day on the train. She has a passion for historial romances (bodice rippers) and the first time she reads a spanking scene in one of them it strikes a chord deep inside her. Shortly after this she starts receiving mysterious emails at work from The Controller, they just contain brief instructions such as "wear stockings", she has no idea who this person is but suspects either a colleague or one of her fellow commuters (she lost her bookmark on the train which had her work details on it). The story gives a really good account of the mixed feelings of an inexperienced submissive and how she meets the Master of her dreams. Its sexy without being crude, true erotica rather than sleaze, four letter words have their place in this kind of fiction when used judiciously (as this novel does) and it was a nice change from the normal overuse of these terms. This is one for the female submissives as its mainly exploring her feelings as her Master leads her gently towards (as he initially intends) becoming his slave, this is not exactly what happens (I won't spoil the story) and is a wonderful example of a dominant who is confident enough not to have rigid requirements and to adapt them to his new submissive in ways to please them both. He is caring and considerate rather than cold and detached, my personal preference, and the temporary contract she signs actually changed my mind somewhat on an idea I have always disliked. I don't share her love of exhibitionism but I mostly understood her feelings very well. This is not a novel full of extreme punishments, I'd almost call it a BDSM romance, and there is other interest in the story, old and current lovers, trouble at work and a bit of F/f as well.

This is a Black Lace novel, whether the standard of writing is higher with them than Nexus is hard to say at the moment but I think I'll try another one of theirs next, in fact I've just ordered one by the same author.

I took a look at the Boris Ludmenov stuff, not to my taste, its obviously written (and not well) by a man for other men, I don't like fiction where the "action" makes me think of abuse rather than erotic punishment and/or real discipline, the woman in the story has been changed by magic to behave like a slave, there is no reality to that situation and I can't relate to it in a personal sense at all. Thanks for the link though flopsybunny, I've been surprised before and liked things I didn't think I would, unfortunately this wasn't one of them.

I think you are right about the Gor novels rollin, its always a nice surprise when something like that pops up in an ordinary novel but I wouldn't buy them for that factor as truth be told they are pulp fiction, maybe not at its worst but certainly far from best. The only decent BDSM fiction by male authors (as pertains to my own tastes of mainly M/f) I've read has been on here up to now

saetana
Female Member

England
#44 | Posted: 18 Mar 2011 06:10
Just read another one called The Book of Punishment by Cat Scarlett (Nexus), this story is set in the world of antique book-dealing (never knew they were such a kinky lot, LOL) and the possibility of acquiring a first edition (suspected to be the only remaining true copy) of the book of the title which is pretty self-explanatory. Indigo's father spent most of his life trying to acquire this book and she has taken up his obsession, other dealers are interested including Dervil who has also been after the book for a long time. Indigo is submissive (although she can switch) and basically an out-and-out slut, the book has her beaten, dominated and screwed senseless in assorted European cities in her search for the book. Contains M/f, F/f and F/m, watersports (squick factor for me), group scenes, bondage (including a Shibari scene) and a lot of dirty sex (particularly of the anal variety. The "action" mostly wasn't to my taste, too much "ick" and humiliation for me but I did rather enjoy the book in a general sense, its not overly serious and Indigo is a submissive with serious attitude (which is always fun), there is a nice "twist in the tail" at the end as well. Recommended for those who like a varied read, less likely to appeal to CP enthusiasts

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#45 | Posted: 19 Mar 2011 15:56
Even more irritating than John Norman's habit of having his characters deliver lengthy harangues on the cosmic rightness of female slavery, is his coyness, the women don't get spanked on their bottoms, butts, backsides, or whatever, they get struck "below the small of their backs."
That said, his non-Gor novel TIME SLAVE, (not to be confused with A SLAVE IN TIME) has a couple of good spanking scenes honestly described as spankings.

saetana
Female Member

England
#46 | Posted: 20 Mar 2011 04:01
LOL @ cfpub, yeah those of us who are into WIIWD are hardly shy and retiring types who faint at the sight of a slightly rude (or even accurate) word for female anatomy (or anything else for that matter) and I find it odd that someone who wrote the Gor novels could have such coyness (its a good word for it) about that one particular part of the body, he certainly doesn't show that elsewhere. Probably some sort of odd repression from his childhood or something, I'm no shrink but it sounds like a hangup of some kind to me.

Anyway, I am off to read my latest acquisition The Boss by Monica Belle (author of To Seek a Master, reviewed a couple of posts back), I'll post a brief review when I'm done tomorrow

saetana
Female Member

England
#47 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 00:20
I've just finished The Boss by Monica Belle, another well-written story if not as much to my taste as To Seek a Master. This is the story of Felicity (Fizz) a twentyish petty criminal, drummer in a punk rock band and general tearaway. She gets a job as assistant to two men who run a security company (high-tech security cameras) and starts a relationship with her dominant boss, Steve English. There is no real heavy play in this one, mainly spanking with an odd caning and a couple of other bits (one tiny bit of F/f in there too) but there is lots of stuff about her confused feelings about submission and spanking. Its a good story in its own right with lots of dirty sex (mainly vanilla) with her male friends (she is not exactly the shy and retiring type) plus details of some of her escapades as a petty criminal. There is a rather nasty twist in the tale (and I don't mean a physical one) which on further reflection did fit the story well enough but I do like a happy ending in this kind of fiction if possible. It touched a chord with me as, well, lets just say I had a bit of a misspent youth myself, but for the D/s relationship between the two protagonists I preferred To Seek a Master.

Next on my list is Emma's Humiliation, which should be arriving in the post in the next couple of days, I'm very glad I decided to buy all these novels secondhand from Amazon Marketplace and Awesome Books as I've only found one really good one and 2-3 I'll probably read bits from again. Unfortunately I haven't yet found an author where I've liked more than one of their novels, still looking for that

saetana
Female Member

England
#48 | Posted: 24 Mar 2011 12:39
I've just finished Emma's Humiliation by Hilary James (Nexus) and, whilst I knew from the title alone that the book would not be totally to my taste (I selected it due to a mention of a moslem prince's harem, a common enough fantasy I would say), frankly almost all of it left me cold. This is the 5th book in the "Emma" series, not that it was hard to read because of that and it was certainly well-written enough, although I came across yet another annoying euphemism (beauty lips - oh please, call it what it is, crude, slang or medical, there are several better words to choose from). This is the story of Emma who is married but also a part-time slave to Mistress Ursula, there is not as much F/f as you would think (some of the other books in the series slant far more in that direction) and this is full-on slave stuff combined with a lot of nasty humilation such as cages, controlled very light meals to keep the girls slim (this happens in real life, that I do know from accounts I have read on BDSM sites and the thought of it makes me sick), training by Sabhu (an ex-circus animal trainer), prostitution on behalf of the Mistress (and I do mean paid prostitution, the slave naturally sees none of the money), electrified collars, chastity belts and assorted other "action" that I find highly distasteful. If this kind of thing is to your taste then I would imagine its a good book, for me I'll be offlloading it with the next batch of books I take to the secondhand book shop.

Now, what to buy next, this is the question....

saetana
Female Member

England
#49 | Posted: 31 Mar 2011 02:42
I just finished reading Lord Wraxall's Fancy by Anna Lieff Saxby (Black Lace), this really reminded me of the "bodice ripper" fiction I used to read as a teenager with a lot of added sex and some spanking, although most of the spanking (we're really talking whips and riding crops here, its set in 1720 in the colonies) turns out to be F/m, there was one M/f scene (the only one I recall) that I liked where he used a rapier (in its sheath) to cane his wife, just something about that idea, LOL! The story is of Celine, the man she falls in love with (the hero, sigh, nothing to get excited over here), the man she marries (the villain and far more interesting to my tastes) who introduces her to the joys of debauchery, and assorted relatives and friends. There is a lot of hot sex in the book, I'll say that much, but other than the F/m stuff there isn't much more action, domination and submission are certainly involved but mainly in a sexual way and whilst the writing style is not terrible its far from the best I've read.

My other purchase was Cassandra's Conflict by Fredrica Alleyn (Black Lace Classic), this is the story of Cassandra, a newly divorced woman whose husband was a terrible lover and convinced her she was frigid as well as leaving her penniless, she is sexually innocent and naive even though she is no virgin. She takes a job as nanny to the two small daughers of the Baron (this is set in modern times), a rich and famous (doesn't elaborate on this) recluce who has a taste for dominance and destroying innocence and doesn't belive in love, he sees something in here that he likes when she comes for the interview and chooses her as a replacement, the previous nursemaid failed his tests (sex and obedience mainly, there is little CP in this novel, punishments are along the lines of withholding orgasm, not being allowed to use the bathroom for hours and similar) and he is tiring of his live-in mistress Katya. He decides on a competition, the rules of which only he knows, the woman who wins will stay with him and the other will have to leave, Katya thinks she has it in the bag but Cassandra falls deeply in love with the Baron and turns out to have hidden reserves of strength, even though she hates Katya (who likes pain and inflicting pain, there isn't much of this in the book but there are a couple of scenes that are very intense indeed, a bit too intense for my tastes). There are quite a few group scenes in the book, sex with a few minor kinks in the main (no real spanking) and the theme of domination and obedience (notice I don't say submission, although there is a degree of this) runs throughout. This is no love story, although there is a sequel (Cassandra's Chateau), but the ending was happy enough for my tastes. I didn't actually dislike this book, even though a lot of it wasn't to my personal taste, its very well-written and all the sex scenes are slowly and carefully built up, I'll read it again sometime but for me I haven't found a novel to top To Seek a Master yet

saetana
Female Member

England
#50 | Posted: 2 Apr 2011 17:52
Wow, I found a really good author in my latest read, Cherise Sinclair writes a series called Masters of the Shadowlands, The Shadowlands is the name of a private BDSM club, there are several novels within the series plus a couple of standalone novels, all with strong D/s themes, bondage and spanking (less of this than the other two, at least in the two I read). I bought a novel which which was two books in one, Club Shadowlands and Dark Citadel (the first two books of the series), both are stories of new submissives journey of discovery and finding the perfect Master. I get a strong feeling the author is submissive herself, both from her note at the beginning of the book with safety information and advice, and from a small remark in her bio about "the Master of my heart", the novels certainly feel like they were written by someone with personal experience, in direct contrast to the majority of the books I've read lately. Being set in and around a BDSM club, something I was very familiar with myself a few years ago, the setting was perfect for my tastes and there is a strong element of romance involved as well. Like Monica Belle (except better), these books are definitely erotica rather than sleaze and both were very sexy, involved short, curvy women in their late twenties (brought back a few memories) and struck a chord with me for many reasons. These books are only published in the US but I got them via Amazon UK, they are also available for Kindle, not much in the way of secondhand copies so I'm glad I enjoyed this one as its the most expensive book on this subject that I've bought since I started gathering my new collection, it wasn't hugely expensive but I don't often pay £8 ($12) for paperbacks of any description. Anyone who is interested, there is an author website www.cherisesinclair.com that details all her books and has excerpts from them plus a link to buy them from Amazon. I'm definitely going to get the other books in the series very soon, the best of the fairly electic bunch so far

Page  Page 5 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 12
Entbloest, knicks604, phillipuk, stevenr, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9