The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Spanking in Comics

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 7 May 2011 01:00
There were a few spankings and bondage references in Wonder Woman, which I believe was the creators way of thumbing his nose at the comics code in place at the time and seeing how far he could go before they realised what he was doing.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 7 May 2011 12:24
Many of the spanking and bondage scenes in Wonder Woman occurred before the notorious Comics Code, back in the 40s. The wretched code was adopted in the mid 50s, 1955 or 1956.
Frederic Wertham in fact singled Wonder Woman out for attack, claimed that she was a bad role model for girls and that the whole Amazon thing promoted lesbianism!
Ah, the 50s that some look back on with nostalgia. A time of every bigotry imaginable, homophobia, racism, anti-Semitism. And of course the era of Joe McCarthy where the label "Communist" could get applied to anyone showing the slightest degree of nonconformity.
On the other hand, the 50s did give us rock and roll, and the motivation to change all the terrible things that were wrong about the 50s, come the 60s.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 7 May 2011 12:47
Seegee:
There were a few spankings and bondage references in Wonder Woman, which I believe was the creators way of thumbing his nose at the comics code in place at the time and seeing how far he could go before they realised what he was doing.

There was one "Wonder Woman" comic book in which the full-page opening panel showed the heroine in the classic OTK position, bottom upturned (although of course not bare) atop the lap of a very young girl who was eagerly wieldng a quite solid-looking hairbrush. Numerous other extremely youthful (4-6 years old or so) children were watching Wonder Woman's spanking, but her expression was rather placid and even slightly amused. That story's title was "The World of Children" or something like that, indicating a society in which young children were in control.

Wonder Woman possessed a magical golden lasso that forced anyone encircled by its coils to truthfully answer her questions, so IMHO she was 'into' bondage and psychological dominance rather than spanking. However, as I did express in a couple stories, AFAIC both Wonder Woman and her younger adopted sister Wonder Girl (the original one in "The New Teen Titans" comics) would be appealing fantasy spankers of super-villains.

Power Girl would be my favorite superheroine disciplinarian although Emma Frost, the White Queen in Marvel comics, wouldn't be at all bad either. For a 'good guy' being paddled by a super-villainess (which the White Queen supposedly isn't any more), I'd find it intriguing to go over Mystique's knee... --C.K.

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 7 May 2011 15:09
C.K. I had forgotten about the panel you mentioned, but I do remember it now. Arn's spanking that I said I thought he was much too young for, was administered before he could walk or talk. He was less than one year old at the time, perhaps as young as six months old. I have a run of the prince Valiant Sundays from 1937-1971. so I'll try to look it up some time, soon.

SeeGee, Wonder Woman was created by William Moulton Marston, who lived a unconventional lifestyle, especially for the '40s. He was definitely into bondage, and probably was a spanko, too. He lived with his wife AND his girlfriend, both of whom served as models for Wonder Woman. Apparently, both women were happy with their living arrangement, as the two of them continued to live together after his death.

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 7 May 2011 22:47
I looked up the Prince Valiant pages. Arn was born in the strip which appeared on August 31, 1947. Baby Arn was spanked in the strip which appeared on November 28, 1948, This would have made Arn about 15 months old IF time progressed in the PV strip at the same rate it was published. It is obvious from looking at the strip that Arn is nowhere near that old at the time. The scene C.K. refers to was published on April 25, 1954, some six years and 8 months after the strip in which he was born appeared. Again, Arn does not appear to be that old. I would guess him to be 3 or 4 years old at the time of his second (shown) spanking. As quick tempered as his mother was, it is safe to assume he was sometimes spanked when the readers of PV knew nothing about it.

MarkPhoenix
Male Author

USA
#26 | Posted: 8 May 2011 00:06
CrimsonKidCK:
Power Girl would be my favorite superheroine disciplinarian although Emma Frost, the White Queen in Marvel comics, wouldn't be at all bad either. For a 'good guy' being paddled by a super-villainess (which the White Queen supposedly isn't any more), I'd find it intriguing to go over Mystique's knee...

This last bit just triggered a memory flashback, but I need to give a little background first. For those of you who aren't big X-Men fans, the X-Man Rogue was originally a villain, and Mystique was more or less her foster mother. She only became an X-Man when her powers started to go out of control, and she thought that Professor X was the only one who could help her get them back under control.

Now that I have the background information out of the way, on to the flashback. At one point, the replies in the letters page in X-Men were being written as if they were being answered by the characters themselves. When it was Rogue's turn, one reply mentioned her going over Mystique's knee on more than one occasion.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 8 May 2011 01:04
MarkPhoenix:
Now that I have the background information out of the way, on to the flashback. At one point, the replies in the letters page in X-Men were being written as if they were being answered by the characters themselves. When it was Rogue's turn, one reply mentioned her going over Mystique's knee on more than one occasion.

IIRC Rogue was replying to a letter asking about temper tantrums by teenaged characters, and she confessed to having had them as a teenager herself, and that her guardian Mystique "showed no hesitation in paddling my butt" when she did.

Perhaps those punishments were handspankings or perhaps they were bare-bottom blisterings, but I'm pretty certain that they weren't both at the same time... --C.K.

beth83
Female Author

USA
#28 | Posted: 8 May 2011 18:19
I have the first four years of the Wonder Woman comic book in book form, and spankings are mentioned throughout and sometimes take place. In one issue when Wonder Woman is on Mars as a prisoner of the war god, she gets whacked with a board by one of the guards in some sort of gladiator game, and she says it reminds her of her mother's strong right arm. She then say that no man is going to spank her. She quickly overwhelms him and spanks him with the board.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#29 | Posted: 8 May 2011 22:37
I have seen that comic. Also there is one where some of her friends go after a female spy with paddles(this is World War II) after all).
I mentioned in an earlier thread about discussions I have seen at other sites that about Wonder Woman being spanked by males, especially other superheros. And there is some artwork to that effect around. And that this attitude may seem to show a hostility to strong,powerful women, and the attitude( I have actually seen this stated) that the only "natural" spanking combination is M/F. IOH the assumption thatall males are meant to be naturally dominant and all females submissive.
Everyone entitled to his own opinion- and mine is that that one is very narrowminded and even harmful.
Were I to write a story or something about Wonder Woman getting spanked, it would definitely be F/F. In fact there was a Bared Affair story wherein Wonder Woman got spanked by her mother, the Amazon Queen.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#30 | Posted: 9 May 2011 01:37
I saw the Wonderwoman spanking cover myself. She really did a terrible job of being a feminist icon in her early years, didn't she?

I know this isn't the right board for plugs, but I just submitted a superhero spanking story a few days ago. Its called "The Sidekick."

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 7
Geoffrey, slowsong
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9