The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Spanking Cartoons - Progressive Farmer?

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 11 Oct 2010 02:04
There were lots of spankings in comic books. (As some of you have pointed out.) CrimsonKidCK, I don't remember Richie Rich being spanked by a machine in his own series. (Doesn't mean it didn't happen. I never read the series regularly.) What I do remember is someone (National Lampoon?) did a parody of Richie Rich, in which he was tried for numerous crimes against humanity and sentenced to be spanked - to death! A panel near the end of the story showed him strapped to a spanking machine with his bottom bare. As the warden was about to turn the machine on, his father arrived with a pardon from the governor. I also remember another story in the Richie Rich series, in which Richie's mother turned him over her knee and spanked him.
One comic character that might surprise some of you for the spankings that were attempted on him was Superboy. It was usually Pa Kent that hurt his hand or broke a hairbrush on Superboy's invulnerable butt. There was one story in which he was sucessfully spanked though. Jimmy Olsen traveled through space and time to the planet Krypton where he was hired to be the nanny for toddler Kal-El. When the pre-super Kal-El misbehaved, Jimmy turned him over his knee for a pants dusting. Young Kal-El cried and rubbed his backside afterward, promising to be a good boy.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 11 Oct 2010 05:23
The only two that I really remember, when I was very young was "The Katzenjammer kids" and the Phantom. The Katzenjammer kids was a cartoon that I always looked forward seeing since they reminded me of my own spankings. It seemed like a natural occurrence that happened to me since the cartoons showed the same situation.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 11 Oct 2010 05:28
Wheatwine:
There were lots of spankings in comic books. (As some of you have pointed out.) CrimsonKidCK, I don't remember Richie Rich being spanked by a machine in his own series. (Doesn't mean it didn't happen. I never read the series regularly.) What I do remember is someone (National Lampoon?) did a parody of Richie Rich, in which he was tried for numerous crimes against humanity and sentenced to be spanked - to death! A panel near the end of the story showed him strapped to a spanking machine with his bottom bare. As the warden was about to turn the machine on, his father arrived with a pardon from the governor. I also remember another story in the Richie Rich series, in which Richie's mother turned him over her knee and spanked him.
One comic character that might surprise some of you for the spankings that were attempted on him was Superboy. It was usually Pa Kent that hurt his hand or broke a hairbrush on Superboy's invulnerable butt. There was one story in which he was sucessfully spanked though. Jimmy Olsen traveled through space and time to the planet Krypton where he was hired to be the nanny for toddler Kal-El. When the pre-super Kal-El misbehaved, Jimmy turned him over his knee for a pants dusting. Young Kal-El cried and rubbed his backside afterward, promising to be a good boy.

I think I saw the "Richie Rich" spanking machine comic panel(s) on the "BoyzBeingBoyz" website, I'll have to recheck on that--I actually didn't read those comics regularly either.

IIRC one cover of a 1960's "Superboy" comic showed some gigantic wooden spanking machine, being operated by Jonathan "Pa" Kent, that was breaking apart as its oversized paddles connected ineffectually to young Clark's behind.

In that "Jimmy Olsen" comic book you're referring to there are incredible lapses in plausibility (like Jimmy somehow being able to speak Kryptonese), and it also reinforces contradictions RE how old Kal-el was when he was launched to Earth in his father's spaceship--earlier comic stories showed him as an infant but in that story (and in the movie version with Christopher Reeve) he's shown as a toddler.

Back on topic, a Kryptonian could be effectively spanked on Krypton, where he/she wouldn't be invulnerable, or on Earth if his/her super powers were effectively neutralized--either via science or magic... --C.K.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 11 Oct 2010 05:43
Sebastian:
The only two that I really remember, when I was very young was "The Katzenjammer kids" and the Phantom. The Katzenjammer kids was a cartoon that I always looked forward seeing since they reminded me of my own spankings. It seemed like a natural occurrence that happened to me since the cartoons showed the same situation.

Hans and Fritz were mischievous little hellions, they seemed much smarter than their father ("Der Captain") and their mother ("Der Momma") and that family friend ("Der Inspector"), yet a lot of the time they ended up being caught out and spanked by one or more of those three adults. There was also a cute blonde girl (I don't remember her name), a recurring character whom I recall also getting spanked once or twice.

Of course "The Katzenjammer Kids" would likely be considered 'politically incorrect' these days, although I was never offended by the strip's silliness and my ancestry is part German... --C.K.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 11 Oct 2010 07:31
There was a Mad magazine parody of Dennis the Menace that showed him getting a bare bottomed hairbrushing from his father while his mother watched on. It was titled: if Dennis the Menace had parents with normal patience.

jimscribner
Male Member

USA
#16 | Posted: 20 Jan 2016 01:36
My female cousin's had a large collection of Harvey comics all of which frequently contained some sort of a spanking scene as the Handprince Website on Little Dot and Little Audrey is but a fraction of. Richie Rich had multiple spankings although usually of his snobby cousin Reggie. Wendy, Casper, and Spooky all had spanking scenes in them as did Hot Stuff. Popeye and Little Lulu comics are another good source of cartoon character spankings. If anybody can find a copy Dell comic's Popeye 19 there's an off panel spanking of an age regressed Popeye by an adult Sweat Pea who from the dialogue also seems to have spanked an age regressed Olive although I only have a couple pages from the story "The Happy Spring" which I'd love to get my eyeballs on. Popeye pretty much spanked everybody regardless of age or gender at one time or another to include his deadbeat dad Pappy. In the mid-sixties they did an updated version of the 1959 Jimmy Olsen being Superman's babysitter story without the spanking but like the politically corrected "Bad Seed" film without the spanking it didn't really get much interest from anybody and isn't even mentioned much by anybody today. Something the Coen Brothers evidently had the brains to make note of in their reboot of True Grit whose spanking scene is actually better than the original one.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 20 Jan 2016 17:54
I loved the Katzenjammer Kids ,glad others remember them. All the kids mentioned did get spanked as well as this other kid Rollo,not one of the brothers, who was an obnoxious little twerp who would do things to try and get the other kids in trouble.Sometimes, it would backfire and he would get spanked instead.
I have a real old one. From a 1920s newspaper comic called Toonerville Folks a picture of a dad spanking a boy over his knee, and using a wooden board as a paddle. And a little girl standing there saying that she doesn't suppose he will want to go horseback riding with her that afternoon!

bluepencil
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 27 Jan 2016 02:11
I just stumbled across 2 or 3 of the Toonerville cartoons that featured spanking. I'll scan them and put them in the 'cloud' with a link..pretty sure the copywrite has expired by now.

comsmomf
Male Member

England
#19 | Posted: 28 Jan 2016 07:53
Lucky Luke, a Western-themed Belgian comics series, has a couple:

For instance, in the "Billy the Kid" issue, the hero spanks the notorious outlaw over his jeans on the cover page:

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347248518l/751608.jpg

In the story itself, the spanking is executed the proper way (I think the speech bubbles may have been changed):

http://img.xooimage.com/files86/6/8/1/scan0073-395d34a.jpg

There was also a "Kid Lucky" spin-off that recounted the hero's youth (including his share of spankings).

Fulgur
Male Author

Czech_Rep
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 31 Jan 2016 08:21
When I read "progressive farmer", first thing that came to my mind was to alternate implements and sometimes skip the spanking altogether under the law of crop rotation

EDIT: Does the "subscriber" note have to be red? I know we are spankos, but our society tends to associate red with prohibitions and wrong things (probably because it's a color of blood, so it signifies possible injury). Green would look better.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 2
dougmorton, Hoddle, jimisim, kanestrokes, kingkoban, manhattan, MrHomewood, oldwrangler2, telmac69
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9