The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Spanking Cartoons - Progressive Farmer?

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 10 Oct 2010 13:50
An uncle of mine passed away in 1966. He had taken a multiyear subscription to a magaine called The Progressive Farmer. My aunt continued to recieve these for years after his death. I remember seeing spanking cartoons in two different issues of magizines while visiting in her home, and I'm fairly sure that they were both The Progressive Farmer. One cartoon showed a boy over a woman's knee. (I'm assuming she was his mother.) His paints and underpaints were lowered and she had a hairbrush in her right hand. Obviously, she was about to give him a bare bottomed spanking. Another boy was watching, and the little boy over his mother's knee was saying, "And you wonder why I don't like dames." The other cartoon was of a little boy over a man's knee. (His paints were up.) The man was holding a ping pong paddle, and the boy was frowning. The man was saying, "Just consider it my form of ping pong diplomacy." My comment is that such cartoons showing children about to be spanked were more acceptable in those days. The bare bottomed one did surprise me, though. My question is, does anyone have any information on the artist who did those cartoons.? Who is he? Is there a book collection of his cartoons.? (Especially his spaking cartoons.) Do I remember correctly that the magazine that they were published in was indeed the Progressive Farmer? Could someone give me information on the month/year that they were published? (I'm guessing late 60s to mid 70s.)

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 10 Oct 2010 13:57
Here's a bit more information on the timeline of one of the cartoons. Ping Pong diplomacy began with Ping Pong players from China and the USA visiting each other's countries in 1971. I'm assuming the cartoon would have been a timely reference to this event.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 10 Oct 2010 16:12
Sorry, I have never heard of "The Progressive Farmer", but I remember the days when spankings showed up in cartoons or comic strips. Since I had no reason to think of it being strange back then, I can't remember any specific examples, except "Dennis the Menace".

http://tiny.cc/loyeg

bluepencil
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 10 Oct 2010 16:58
The Katzenjammer Kids and a single-panel strip called The Good Old Days occasionally featured spankings -- or worse!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 10 Oct 2010 17:01
bluepencil

- or "better?"

Cal33
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 10 Oct 2010 19:42
Didn't Little Iodine get spanked from time to time??

blimp
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 10 Oct 2010 20:06
I think you will find Buster Brown received more than his fair share of spankings from his attractive mother c1903. Wickedly funny cartoons by R.F. Outcault.

http://www.barnaclepress.com/list.php?directory=BusterBrown

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 10 Oct 2010 20:18
Also a comic called, and starring, Little Audrey had her spanked a large number of times. And the Phantom had a penchant for spanking misbehaving young ladies, Nancy got a spanking or two from Aunt Fritzi, and Terry and the Pirates spanked his niece (name forgotten) a time or two.

texasjim2005
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 10 Oct 2010 23:53
Spankingartwiki has some pretty comprehensive articles on spanking cartoons which only went out of fashion in the 1970s due to post-Watergate radical messianic groupthink by lemming herds of swedophiles looking for rationalizations for hating their rightwing political enemies such as their parents for insulting them by daring to suggest that sexual promiscuity could give them AIDS and kill them no matter what Rolling Stone and the Village Voice may have told them about that being just a silly Christian Fundamentalist superstition disproven by Harvard psychologists such as Timothy Leary. Hand Prints and Comixpank have the largest collections of kidspanking cartoons and the Chicago Spanking Review has about the largest collection of teenager and adult spanking cartoons I've seen in cyberspace so far.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 11 Oct 2010 01:41
There were a few spankings in "Richie Rich" comic books, I think Richie even once ended up getting paddywhacked by a mechanical spanking machine.

I do remember the Thing (of the Fantastic Four) spanking Moondragon (who was pretty sexy, but also rather bitchy, for a bald woman) in a Marvel comic book, and in one of the X-MEN letters columns it was confirmed by Rogue that her early mentor Mystique had responded to her teenaged tantrums by "paddling my butt."

That was a while back though, over twenty years anyway... --C.K.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 16
averam300, bassod, CharlotteM, cossington, jay, KatiePie, Keith99, markuk, mobblers, Otkbbs51, Redwolf64
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9