The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

ABBA

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 17 Nov 2017 16:52
I suppose that my favorite Abba song, as far as the versions performed by them themselves, would the rather silly Bang-A-Boomerang. I can´t get that keyboards loop which starts out the song out of my head. A real gem of a hook!

But I am even more fond of a couple of covers of classic Abba tunes which I discovered on iTunes. A cover of Dancing Queen and of Waterloo respectively by two different disco cover bands. (I don´t remember the names of the bands, they were the kind which specialized in making "music-to-work-out-by". You can find lots of cds on iTunes with covers which are made by anonymous teams of musicians which you are supposed to listen to while working out.)

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#12 | Posted: 17 Nov 2017 18:41
Waterloo as if my history serves me correctly, i think we won the battle on away goals or something...

brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#13 | Posted: 18 Nov 2017 10:22
RosieCheeks

I think it was a late goal scored in extra-time by Marshal Blucher. We Brits have a long history of foreign players starring for our teams.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#14 | Posted: 19 Nov 2017 00:29
brodiejlb:
I think it was a late goal scored in extra-time by Marshal Blucher. We Brits have a long history of foreign players starring for our teams.

Oh please don't let facts spoil a good story

blimp
Male Author

England
#15 | Posted: 19 Nov 2017 18:44
I used to like Abba best with the sound turned down so low you couldn't hear them and that pretty blonde with her bum turned towards the camera. I remember as a teenager thinking that bottom in tight trousers the finest spectacle a boy could ever hope to see. I can't find anything nice to say about their music, sorry.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 21 Nov 2017 02:39
One of their more interesting songs is "The Winner Takes It All" - which is basically a song about two of the members getting a divorce. Both say that it wasn't strictly autobiographical because there was no winner in their divorce...

Imagine a hard fought divorce, then performing on stage with your former spouse as you sign about your divorce. It's up there with the "Dreams / You Can Go Your Own Way" bit by Fleetwood Mac. "Dreams" is a Stevie Nicks song about how the man in her life left her/ "You Can Go Your Own Way"was written by Lindsey Buckingham about how the woman in his life left him.

Yes, it was Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham breaking up, writing completely opposite songs about what happened, then performing on each other's song.

I don't know why, but glimpses into the performers' personal lives always draw my interest, especially train wreck songs like these. Even when performed by ABBA.

raisedkilt
Male Member

USA
#17 | Posted: 8 Dec 2017 14:26
Abba's song "Dancing Queen" is about spanking. If properly delivered a spanking will have a queen or king doing the spankie dance in short order. .

neliz87
Male Member

Netherlands
#18 | Posted: 8 Dec 2017 22:48
Maybe very unknown but i really like the Piper song. Especially that kind of whistle.

Jacqueline2
Female Author

Scotland
#19 | Posted: 14 Dec 2017 14:46
Far too many to name ... also it depends on my mood at the time. Ok if pressed, probably Dancing Queen ... no ... not that one ... I Have a Dream ... or maybe .... oh I give up ... too many to mention! xxx

Qlql
Male Member

Sweden
#20 | Posted: 4 Feb 2018 16:20
I actually like many of the less-famous songs better, like "If it wasnt fir the nights", "I'm a marionette", "slipping through my fingers" "I let the music speak," , "Under attack" etc.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 5
donut88, rickf, robbiegreen, shannonsp6
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9