library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Ethics and Severity

blackbirch
Male Author

Australia
#1 | Posted: 29 Sep 2017 03:13
I browse around a good bit, and have come across tumblr and film sites which show quite severe trauma to the sub. (On another point, all the tumblr sites I look at are going one by one to the sensitive area. Does this drive everyone else crazy?)

I wonder whether it is ethical to punish someone to the extent of heavy, bleeding welts, even if the sub wants it. It is, after all, a sort of emotional/mental dysfunction, and should not a sound person take responsibility not to go too far?

Related to this, I often marvel at the ability of many subs to endure so much so quietly. I have seen men caned hundreds of times until bloody and losing skin, yet they are inert. Many young women make a fuss, but a fake kind of fuss not at all suited to their heavy punishment. That makes me wonder about local anaesthetic, or perhaps morphine dosing.

Any thoughts on these questions?

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 29 Sep 2017 03:38
Not a fan of such severe punishment Breaking skin is never a pleasure for me. I am a advocate of spanking not whipping or drug induced beatings.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 29 Sep 2017 10:44
blackbirch:
should not a sound person take responsibility not to go too far?

I agree with that, There is a school of thought which says so long as they consent to it, everything is fine, but I think there is a need for responsibility too, and sometimes a need to protect people from themselves. Lots of things are unhealthy if taken to extremes, including spanking.

hapgood
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 29 Sep 2017 17:56
For me spanking is about causing temporary (and pleasurable) discomfort not about injuring someone.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 5 Oct 2017 19:26
I firmly believe in the opposing view and to that end would cite numerous things that people want to do that are far more dangerous than a spanking that ends in some trickling welts.

As to ethics? Is it not unethical to have a sub leave a session unfulfilled?

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 8
Heroth, moteh73, SNM, spanker30, TheStingfan
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9