library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

How long do spanking results really last?

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 14 Sep 2017 00:50
We've all read stories where the end results lasted for days afterwards and in others the marks are barely visible in the morning.

In the interest of accuracy in story writing, can those with practical experience give us some guestimates of the actual recuperation time frames for "moderately severe" (yep, I know that is pretty subjective itself) punishment?

I'm mostly curious about the hairbrush and paddle, although I recently did a martinet story and had no clue what the end result would have looked like from what I described happening. But feel free to weigh in on whatever you know. Thanks.

Perry
Male Member

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 14 Sep 2017 09:10
I have experience of canes and slippers; none of hairbrush or paddle. Punishments were nearly always received in whatever clothes one happened to be wearing. I received my share of canings and slipperings and saw the results of a whole lot more.

Fictional punishments at the LSF are more severe than those in real life. Six strokes of the cane over pyjamas or in sports shorts was the maximum, and depending on delivery could leave marks up to about four weeks, but this was unusual. Mostly we received 2 to 4 strokes over trousers and under pants, and the marks could last anywhere from about three days to two weeks.

The slipper was often given by senior boys - this was against the rules but was ignored. It was much less painful than the cane and was normally given over pyjamas, although "raw bums" were not uncommon. A slipper was generally made of felt and had a light sponge rubber sole - quite a lot strokes could be given without doing much damage. Generally the slipper left the bottom red and sore but there were not marks for more than a day. There were exceptions to this, however. Some slippers were made with "composition" soles which were heavy, flexible and hard. These were painful. They would leave bruises, but I can't remember for how long.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 14 Sep 2017 14:06
This is a very difficult thing to answer because there are a lot of factors that determine how long the 'results' from a paddling remain visible:

Is the person being spanked a novice? If so, they will tend to mark much more and even bruise. The pink/red flush of a spanking never lasts as long as purplish bruises and yet, some people bruise just from being gripped too tightly. I once spanked a young lady quite moderately and later her bottom was a distinct and almost scary purple.....and yet she wanted more and felt fine. She just bruised very easily.

An experienced spankee maybe so used to punishment that the pink/red marks will be gone in a few hours. However, how many swats did the person get? 50? OK, figure those few hours I mentioned. 250? OK, probably a little pink the next morning. 500 or more? (and yes, this is a very doable punishment for an experienced person) if hard enough, the discoloration will last a couple of days.

But how hard are the smacks? A very effective sting can be delivered via hairbrush (if it has some weight) or paddle with a flick/snap of the wrist. Naturally a good swing will hurt more and do more damage. And a full-out stroke will be quite devastating.

But even these guidelines are estimates on average experiences. Individuals will experience many variations and those variations to an experienced reader will give the story a feeling of realism that over-averaged descriptions never produce. If you don't have personal experience, look at some spanked bottoms on the internet. You'll see everything from mild pinks, to buns with red wet centers that will scab up. Imagine just by looking how long you think a person would carry those marks realistically and you should be pretty close to actuality.

Patron
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 14 Sep 2017 15:23
You have three basic categories of marking--redness, bruising and welts. Each have their own level of severity. Depending on the individuals physiology, welts or bruises can last a quite a while, but it's common for spanking marks to fade between a day and a week, depending on how deep the marking is. It's important to note that in real life, deep marking might not be indicative of a direct relationship to pain. For instance, a very painful switching might have marks that are gone in a day or two, because the switch leaves very shallow welts. A painful but bearable hand-spanking might leave one good bruise that lasts several days, even though overall the spanking was nowhere near as intense as the switching.

Overall, I'd encourage you to use creative license for emotional effect, as there is enough variance in sessions and individual bodies to suspend disbelief as long as you're within the bounds of reason. In my observation, people tend to mess up length of punishment more so than the marking. In discipline scenarios, intense punishments don't last as long as they do in spanking stories. You can give a really, really challenging spanking in 2-7 minutes, even with just your hand.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 15 Sep 2017 17:42
I did get the from time to time in school, and the marks, and time they were visible could vary greatly. I got some paddlings that within a few hours, there might be a dim reminder of the pain involved, and little to no marking. I also got paddled over thin, cotton gym shorts while wearing an athletic supporter, and wore those bruises for over a week. The answer is, it depends. It depends on how hard the paddle is swung, how easily marked you are, and the amount and type of clothing you are wearing.

kyle1248
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 15 Sep 2017 22:09
There are so many variables (amount of clothing worn, the implement employed, and the force used) it's really hard to generalize, but I imagine just about any implement can leave marks if it's applied with enough force. For nostalgia reasons, the hairbrush is a favorite implement of mine. My wife worries about spanking me too hard, so it would be rare for her to give me more than fifty smacks with a hairbrush in one session, but even that many can sting a lot if there's some force behind them Usually when I receive a hairbrush spanking, there is some redness that might disappear after a day of two. I do remember being bruised by a hairbrush spanking at least once, and think it was caused by the majority of the swats being applied to one area repeatedly.

The times when I experienced the longest lasting marks have generally been the rare times when my wife has spanked me as a form of punishment, rather than for fun. On more than one occasion, welts from switchings that she's given me have taken a week or to two to fade completely.

Just prior to things heating up with the woman I married, I visited a professional dominatrix in order to explore my interest in spanking. I left the session with some fairly extensive bruising that didn't go away completely for probably three weeks. I can't say, however, which implement caused the bruising because she used several different ones on me during the session. I enjoyed the experience enough that I probably would have returned for more sessions, but by the time I'd healed from the my first visit, I discovered my future wife was open enough to my kink that getting spanked at home was enough to satisfy my cravings.

wooz1111
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 16 Sep 2017 14:39
Good thread, MJ. And as you can see from the responses, all featuring one common denominator. There have been times when I am insatiable and others when I can't take much at all. One thing that has been brought up here is one of my pet peeves. The same shot on the same spot time after interminable time. Yep, left, right, left, right, over and over, time and again, ad nauseam, leaving white hot weeping bruises in only these same two spots. I see this in videos too. All that bare ass and thigh exposed and vulnerable but just those two spots. Really stupid stuff, what a waste. And damaging as well, I might add.

Now that this ridiculous, boring and unimaginative amateurish activity has been addressed, let's get down to the basics. How long will the results last? As far as I'm concerned, hand spanking may show signs for a short while but can be done over and over all day every day and won't be noticeable the next.

A hairbrush can deliver quite a severe spanking but if it is spread out over the ass and thighs, the damage may not show the next day, depending, again, upon the severity. Oh, and the 'can't sit for a week' business is merely an expression, one can sit right down on a couch afterward with no problem. Any bruising can last a while but, depending upon the individual, fade after about a week and is gone if our victim is healthy.

He or she starting out as hard and as fast as is possible would really be almost impossible to take, just too much of a shock to the system. It's not necessary anyway, especially if the spanking is to last for a while because that should become the finale after a good long steady measured hairbrushing covering a large area including all the cheeks and much of the thighs. That final fusillade should really make your point. That ought to teach you ... and should be enough. Now for some corner time.

Your mileage 'will' vary. Period. Our common denominator.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 16 Sep 2017 15:31
'Warm-up' is another key factor. Personally, I dislike leaving bruises (although some women, I know, love to be bruised, regarding it as a badge of pride). But I always prefer to start off with a hand-spanking lasting at least 4-5 minutes to get the target area red and well warmed-up, before moving on to implements, leather before wood. After a good long build-up like this, it should be possible to finish with a dozen or more cane-strokes without leaving any bruises and only superficial marks, which will probably have faded within 24 hours at the most.

But as several people have already said, so much depends on the sensitivity of the spankee's skin, how much prior experience they have of being spanked, etc.

curioserto
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 17 Sep 2017 10:14
I agree with the common view that there are a lot of variables as to how long marks last. I tend to think many stories exaggerate but treat it as artistic license.. However, it seems quite natural to exaggerate the impact in dialogue if the punish-er wants to create fear in the transgressor prior to to the punishment.

As someone experienced in receiving all implements, I sometimes have cane marks for a few days but rarely have bruises from paddle, tawse, slipper etc. However, if I take a break for more than a few weeks then I am likely to experience bruising quite easily. Also, if I am tense for any reason then bruising can occur. I am normally relaxed because it is something I enjoy but that is an unusual scenario in stories.

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 4
Alef, BashfulBob, fvsoler, twinkieshark
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9