TV spanking

Page  Page 8 of 12: «« 1 2 3  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »»
CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#71 | Posted: 9 Nov 2010 05:03
Erwin:
galt54: Maybe I should have been born in 19th century England. I might have felt more at home there. Those were reputedly the golden days of the English Vice!
But would you then have been a noble man there?

Because if not, if you would have been one of the working class you would have been one of them who got the whippings. This were only golden days for the landed gentry and for some priests (as it is today, too) and for the rich and very high noble men as the Prince Regent and his entourage, but that's the same today. Suppression, that's it, if of civil rights or sexuality or other is ever only for the poor, even today.
But in "our repressed culture" more people have much more freedom of choice as in the time you wish to live in.

If you are the king, you can have prostitutes, or visiting sex clubs and somebody who wish to make a little money by selling a scandalous book about that, may make some small ripples on the surface of the Skärgården. A spanker like Hans Scheike is despised from all the brave citizen.

Well, for most of the 19th century the British Empire had a queen rather than a king, and she was reputedly rather sexually repressed although she did have a number of children.

There was also a rising property-owning business class (bourgeoisie) that was gradually replacing the traditional landed aristocracy as the wealthiest group in the Empire.

As far as spanking goes, it was practiced to some degree behind closed doors by both the "old" and "new" nobility for erotic purposes and certainly in the boarding schools for the children of the economic elite for ostensibly punitive purposes.

Of course, the children of the working class, especially the boys, generally received plenty of sound corporal punishment, from both their parents and civil authorities, in order to "keep them in line" and "teach them their place" so that they'd accept their roles in the existing social order. (I seriously doubt that there was much erotic spanking play among adults of the lower classes, although men might beat their wives to assert their marital dominance.)

So I would agree that, in 19th century England, the practicing of corporal punishment would've been influenced by one's social class--although officially it would've been socially accepted only as discipline... --C.K.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#72 | Posted: 9 Nov 2010 21:42
She was not sexually repressed at all, and wrote passionately of her marriage night with Albert (but not as specifically as a modern girl might). Her reputation for being prim came from her old age and after the early death of her beloved Albert and then of her servant (and possibly lover) John Brown.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#73 | Posted: 10 Nov 2010 03:53
Yes, Erwin - I am well aware that there were many bad aspects of the society of 19th century England. I do not *literally* wish to have been born in that society. It is just that I keep on having these recurring fantasies of being a naughty schoolboy or schoolgirl in Victorian England - and the fantasies have an erotic fascination for me! I am sure that those kind of fantasies are not at all unusual here on the Spanking Library discussion forum!

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#74 | Posted: 11 Nov 2010 01:29
This information is slightly off topic but not any more so than the comments on figging.

There is a show on CMT (Country Music Television) called "World's Strictest Parents." It is a reality show where each week 2 out of control teenagers are placed with a strict family for a week. There has been no spanking on it so far (but I keep hoping) but the latest show does have corporal punishment of a different type.

In this latest show a 17 year old girl named Ashley is required to hold 2 weights out to her sides at shoulder height for a period of time. I have been aware of that method of discipline for some time as I was introduced to it at a summer camp I attended as a child. If you want to try it you will find that it is extremely painful as after a short time your shoulders start aching.

This happens several times during this TV episode. If anybody wants to see it it is going to be rebroadcast tommorow, November 11, at 2 PM USA Eastern Time on CMT. You can also see the entire episode on the internet. Go to CMT "World's Strictest Parents", Episode 204, the Pavoni Family.

Although it is not spanking what makes it interesting is that it is corporal punishment of a bratty 17 year old teenager and it is not acting or fake. The girl is actually being punished and she does not want to be. For those who interests go a little beyond spanking you may like it.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#75 | Posted: 11 Nov 2010 02:58
Sounds like a fascinating idea for a "reality show", tiptopper! Showing real-life out-of-control teenagers get physical discipline. I would really like to see a program like that here in Sweden. Because we have *so* many out-of-control teenagers. The schools are in a state of anarchy, and it is becoming dangerous to even take a walk outside if you live in a city. Know what I mean?

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#76 | Posted: 11 Nov 2010 15:45
That reality show sounds like abuse to me. Its one thing to fantacise about a teenage brat getting a well-deserved spanking, quite another for children to receive corporal punishment in R/L. Note that so many spanking sites make an explicit statement that they do not condone corporal punishment of children, or believe in it as discipline.
Off the topic a bit, but I frankly detest reality TV in general and will not watch it.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#77 | Posted: 11 Nov 2010 19:53
Redskinluver:
That reality show sounds like abuse to me. Its one thing to fantacise about a teenage brat getting a well-deserved spanking, quite another for children to receive corporal punishment in R/L. Note that so many spanking sites make an explicit statement that they do not condone corporal punishment of children, or believe in it as discipline.
Off the topic a bit, but I frankly detest reality TV in general and will not watch it.

Well, I don't watch so-called "reality television" either, since it involves blatantly contrived situations that IMHO are highly unrealistic.

However, the United States isn't Sweden and the corporal punishment of children isn't of and by itself illegal unless it reaches such a degree as to be considered abusive--which of course is a matter of personal perspective unless it has to be determined by a court in any particular instance.

I don't think you have to worry about any network showing RL spanking of children in any of its "reality" shows though, as it would immediately become controversial and might result in negative viewer reaction--it wouldn't be illegal however, as long as the spanker(s) had parental authority and the chastisement itself wasn't excessive.

A few years ago there was a controversy when some reality-television mother gave one of her kids just a moderate handslap on her clothed rear end--it wasn't even on camera in the show, but there were a couple photos taken of it (and printed in some slick supermarket magazines) and some people were "outraged" at "child abuse" by that woman.

So I wouldn't be concerned about seeing any RL child-spanking on television... --C.K.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#78 | Posted: 11 Nov 2010 23:45
That was the mother with the 8 kids - a set of twins and a set of 6.

I don't follow that show (or even know its name) but at the time someone explained to me that some of the outrage was because the way that mother was portrayed on the show was as someone who would never spank. That there might be less "reality" and more "show" in that reality show.

Shrug.

There are more important things in this world to get upset about than a mother giving a toddler a pat on the backside.

Goodgulf

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#79 | Posted: 12 Nov 2010 19:01
On second thought - it would not be a good idea to make the real-life spanking of children, even if they really deserved it, into a form of entertainment. But what about this idea - let married couples, who practice domestic discipline, "do their thing" in front of a camera? Since the spanker and spankee would both be adults, and the spanking would be consensual, I do not see that there would be any problem with that kind of a "reality show" - unless the uptight religious conservatives or the radical feminists made a fuss.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#80 | Posted: 12 Nov 2010 19:03
Let the country´s husbands and wives show the world, on TV - "this is how I deal with my spouse when she/he misbehaves". Maybe a lot of married couple would want to show off their skills?

Page  Page 8 of 12: «« 1 2 3  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 4
chris37, hydegreen, processdog, reader68, rickf
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9