library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Swim

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 27 Aug 2017 21:38
We have threads devoted to fans of yoga pants and jean cutoffs(both of which I like seeing) so I will start one on my favorite to see spankable bottoms in, swimwear. Especially bikinis of course, but all kinds- be they conservative tank suits on more mature ladies, sexy skintight one pieces on swim team members, and so on.
This has been partially inspired by a piece of feedback from PhilK when I questioned whether the "cheeky" bikini in his story Bikini Line would have been around in the 50s, the period when the story is set. He directed me to a nice article in Elle magazine on the history of the bikini which showed a suit from 1947 that while shown from the front looked like it might well have exposed much of the woman's butt in back.
I just am not sure. Could be that bikinis like that were around earlier than the 70s when the Brazilian string bikini came on the scene, but were never widely worn. Remember Rudi Gernreich and his topless bathing suit design in the 60s? A fashion that never caught on and was soon forgotten(although topless and nude sunbathing may have become accepted in some places in the world). The popular beach movies of the 60s with Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon had a lot of bikinis that while doubtless considered daring in their day(and indecent by prudes) are certainly tame and modest now. Once heard someone say that the phrase "tiny bikinis" was redundant- by definition all bikinis were tiny.
Think we can agree that the " cheeky" and the "bottomless" look did become more widespread in the 70s and 80s. Perhaps inspired by the success of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition the Ujena bathing suit company came out with a magazine in the mid-80s called Swimwear Illustrated to showcase its product. Sandwiched around a catalog of its suits for purchase were photo shoots of young women modeling its suits. Such numbers as the Sheer G-String Bikini, the Red Tonga(tonga being a synonym for thong that never caught on), the Le Risque and so on.The Venus swimwear company also came out with its own swimsuit magazine/catalog and there was also one called Swimsuit International. All with lots of beauties in minimal swimsuits in exotic resorts. The World Wrestling Federation(today's WWE) also came out with magazines and videos of its women wrestlers, the divas, modeling swimsuits on tropical beaches.
And of course Baywatch and its famous red suits. That show had endless displays of nubile bodies in various displays of minimal clothing, including multitudes of nearly bare bottoms. I have said many times that of all TV shows Baywatch was the one where it was the greatest shame that no woman ever got a spanking, no matter how bratty or air headed or badly behaved she was!
Think we can certainly agree that bikinis have gotten smaller and more revealing- so have one piece suits. No longer can people classify one piece suits as modest or conservative, and bikinis as daring or too revealing. You see one pieces now that reveal bare cheeks or are cut so high on the side that they are more revealing than some bikinis. Have seen them on lifeguards at local pools, perhaps that fashion was inspired by Baywatch.
Another thing I notice is that while women's suits have gone for less and less coverage, men's suits have gone in the opposite direction at least in the US. Baggy, knee length trunks are by far the most common. Contrast them with the suits guys wore in the beach movies I mentioned earlier, or the TV show Sea Hunt or the movie Creature From the Black Lagoon and its sequels(which also have some mighty sexy swimsuits and shorts on the female stars). May have heard it is different in Europe or other countries. Briefer swimwear on men, like speedos or even thongs are more common and accepted. One theory I have heard is that brief swimwear on men is associated with gay culture-and goodness knows some of today's macho guys would not want anyone to think that about them!
Always eager to read any story with "bikini" in the title, or "thong", and in fact have written a few myself featuring spankings and swimwear. One thing I am thinking about writing is an F/M or M/M story where its a guy or guys who get spanked over speedos or thongs. Maybe a male stripper.
Maybe some think I am opposed to brief swimwear. Nothing could be farther from the truth! Love seeing it on bodies of all types, and all sorts of spankable bottoms!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 28 Aug 2017 04:31
We agree that bikini covered (or mostly uncovered) bottom is a wonderful sight.

JohnS47
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 28 Aug 2017 17:29
Goodgulf
That is precisely why I am such a big fan of women's beach volleyball and why it is my favorite sport. I love to fantasize while watching a match, especially when they bend over with theirs hands on knees while waiting for the serve. Of course in my mind, they're waiting for the paddle, strap or cane. But its also great when the slap each other's butts after a good play.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 28 Aug 2017 21:02
Beach volleyball - where the girls sometimes swat each other's bikini covered backsides. A wonderful sport.

BlooDenim
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 29 Aug 2017 11:56
Bikinis are nice if they are good bikinis on a good body, but recently I have been more attracted to one-pieces, even to the extent of buying my favourite little sub one and oh my does she look good in it!
The elastic effect/s of the newer materials really make them cling and emphasise..
Now I think I need to dive into the cold pool, excuse me!

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 29 Aug 2017 15:35
A note about the Beach Party movies: When Annette Funicello signed to be in them, Walt Disney asked her to never appear in a bikini. If you watch any of the movies, she always wore a one piece suit when the scene called for her to appear in swimwear. But that was okay. she was Annette Funicello. She didn't need a bikini to look sexy. BTW, I have four of the Beach Party movies on DVD. Good stuff from a more innocent time.

JohnS47
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 29 Aug 2017 18:17
There's certainly nothing wrong with a nice, snug one piece. I love them when they get wet and cling ever so tightly to a nice, firm body. But let's be real, regardless of what type of swim suit or clothing in general that a woman wears, its her body that makes it or breaks it.

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 10
Andrearedbottom, Clarity, laststraw, Nelon, solsunbeach, stevenr, wdwarf
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9