The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Which spanking cliches drive you crazy

Page  Page 2 of 15: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 11 12 13 14 15 »»
tyrport
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 25 Aug 2017 21:03
Long lead ins with very little action that concentrate on back story. Back story should always stay in your head. There is no explanation for something as strange as spanking for anything other than sexual gratification that really works. On the other hand " Scene Reports " of spanking aren't sexy enough. Two willing people having fun doesn't quite ring our bells.

If I had any explanation for any of this I would be much wiser than I am.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 25 Aug 2017 22:03
This is a trickier question than I first thought; there's a strong ritual element in a formal spanking, and that necessitates exact repetition of key phrases and actions. On the other hand, repetition in description quickly becomes boring. Ideally, the author should be able to combine the ritual aspects, which trigger the reader's fetish, with a novel set-up and descriptions that make it feel like a new experience.

My personal dislikes include 'baby talk', extended lecturing or scolding, and weak or unfair reasons for punishment.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 26 Aug 2017 03:13
myrkassi:
weak or unfair reasons for punishment

The worst for this (for me) is the authority figure who won't let the supposed miscreant offer an explanation, when there really is a perfectly good one and he or she is just too stubborn to listen to it. Or refuses to consider evidence of the supposed miscreant's innocence.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 26 Aug 2017 09:09
RosieRad:
The worst for this (for me) is the authority figure who won't let the supposed miscreant offer an explanation, when there really is a perfectly good one and he or she is just too stubborn to listen to it. Or refuses to consider evidence of the supposed miscreant's innocence.

Yes, for me, the story really needs to be plausible. the punishment needs to fit the crime. The stories I like best are the ones where the person being punished is truly given their "day in court" and the punisher, listens and considers all sides.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 27 Aug 2017 02:23
The two worst specific plot cliches for me are: the peeping tom and mistaken identity. However, in general, any story that follows the pattern of: 'miscreant misbehaves, is caught, and is then descriptively punished' is a cliche for me...................unless there is much more to the story. As I've said before, I don't want to read a spanking story. I want to read a good, solid story about something else ( a relationship issue, a personal issue, a clever tale, etc.) that has a spanking in it.....or relates to one, even if it does not actually occur in the piece itself.

Blarg
Male Member

USA
#16 | Posted: 28 Aug 2017 06:34
Anything that doesn't sound like pretty natural dialogue. "Administer" and "chastisement" are two that just sound stiff.

Narrative cliches don't bother me, but awkward writing does, both exposition and dialogue.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 28 Aug 2017 11:14
Blarg:
Anything that doesn't sound like pretty natural dialogue. "Administer" and "chastisement" are two that just sound stiff.

I'd agree; I'll use words like this in the narrative, but not in the dialogue. Unless maybe it's a story set in Victorian times or earlier, and the speaker is someone fairly pompous.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 28 Aug 2017 11:33
I quite like spanking cliches. Blimp's post on page 1, for example, to my mind has the makings of a really exciting story. It is the non-spanking cliches in my own stories that bother me because they highlight my limitations. Sometimes I feel that my stories are little more than a compendium of cliches that readers whose first language is not English must struggle to make any sense of. They must be relieved when I get to the bend over and touch your toes you little minx bit.

Collegeboy
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 28 Aug 2017 17:04
In M/m scenes, the son having to call the father "Sir!", like he was his military CO. It's your family, not the army! I hate it irl family situations, in general, really.

Counting the spanks or strokes (not a caning fan, anyway). It takes me out of the scene. I think because I like to see the spankee lose some emotional control and cry and this just makes it too "clinical" for lack of a better term, for that to happen. And it just draws out the scene unnecessarily, for my taste.

Not really a story thing, but I have made drawings with schoolgirls and gotten comments about "not regulation panties." Is it a British thing? I couldn't care less about the underwear, frankly. It's not one of my clothing fetishes, so I just draw some basic-looking panties, if anything, and it kinda annoys me when people harp on this detail.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 28 Aug 2017 18:04
Collegeboy:
In M/m scenes, the son having to call the father "Sir!", like he was his military CO. It's your family, not the army! I hate it irl family situations, in general, really.

I'm guessing you grew up in the Northern US. In the South, I think this is pretty "normal" in families.

Page  Page 2 of 15: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 11 12 13 14 15 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 11
FiddlersGreen, hundjager, jeffspanks, kanestrokes, mae3268, marianne, pgh2738
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9