The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Is Wonder Woman a good movie?!

Page  Page 6 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6
Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#51 | Posted: 16 Aug 2017 18:24
RosieRad, Ah! Lovely, the discussion is back on! No, honestly, you're quite right, nothing escapes your sharp eye it seems. That impression is indeed given by the first paragraph that I wrote, which might not have been entirely measured before posting. I see several different aspects of my post that are in a not completely satisfactorily way bundled together. Partly that can be blamed on the massive length that it would have come down to otherwise, since I have a hard time to be precise and tend to beat around the push without realizing the point that I'm trying to make.

Wonder Woman's uniform in the movie. Major disappointment to a life long spanko reader. I'm a traditionalist and hated that she wasn't wearing anything that was even remotely like the tight hugging version that has dominated the comic for 50 years. That actually goes for all superhero uniforms, they usually just disappear in the movie adaptation. In some cases, as with Vampirella, it can be understood, because the only way that suit would stick to a human body would be with plenty of glue. That movie sucked btw, it was so below standards that it actually redefined the word bad (Rotten tomatoes rating 17%). That saddened me, as I always liked the comic book as well as Talisa Soto and think she looked stunning. Well, even the best can end up in a crap movie, just look at Halle Berry in Catwoman.

But, to get back on the subject, the uniform that WW had in the comic would actually work reasonably well on most women. So, when whining about her uniform changes, it was partly because I so dearly wanted to see at least one of my childhood favorites look at least remotely like the original. And besides I always liked her arse when reading the comic, so it ticked me off too. This train of thoughts should of course have been split in at least two divisions, how and why I'd preferred her with an alternative uniform in the main screen release and how I'd wished her in a spanko fantasy movie unfortunately never to be made (sob).

Objectification in real life. That's a different thing and I think I'm using the wrong term from time to time. What I actually wanted to say was that I'd like a more sensual society in which we can enjoy looking at the beauty of each other and women don't have to be called sluts because they enjoy dressing in what some feel is provocatively. I know that it is way different from country to country. In the US I at least think there is much more what could be called negative objectification than what is going on here. While in the US a woman in a minimal bikini can put her rack on a pile of wheels to sell cars, that would shame the company as well as the advertising firm here. That is negative objectification. I don't really know how to put this. A bit it is a fear that we're heading back into some gray Victorian age in which showing flesh or even a hint of figure is frowned upon. I feel that we're having that tendency over here recently. The human body is the most beautiful thing, it just is that way, it's biological and so intended by nature so we'll multiply. I wish there was more "normal" and relaxed sensuality in society. Life is too short to suffer through it having people round you hiding their bodies in burkas. So, in real life, maybe not more objectification, but more sensuality. The yoga pants is by the way a good step on that way if you ask me.

Okay, I'd better hold my horses her for a while. There is more and I realize that I could be more precise, but this is already longer than it should be and I'm rambling, straying from the topic again and again.

As a total surprise, in the light of American movies usually involving a mass of destruction, there is a quiet movie out about a month ago on the creator of Wonder Woman. It seems as if the background story to this comic character is a much bigger thing than I had realized. The movie got bad reviews here in Sweden though, stating that it's much too prude and that the very driving components, the love triangle that the creator was involved in, was completely erased to make the movie 'decent'. 'Professor Marten and the Wonder Women', it did score fairly good at IMDB though. Even greater was my surprise when I read that this is actually the second major adaptation of Marston's life, the other being the 2014 play "The lasso of truth' on stage in San Francisco.

BlooDenim
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#52 | Posted: 5 Jan 2018 09:50
RosieRad:
Glagla, since I believe you've mentioned having a daughter, I'll be serious for a moment and link a couple of articles that talk about the harm we do to women when we send the message that Wonder Woman is about "a tremendous rear in a tight, shiny, crisp blue bikini bottom, covered with stars?"

Feel free to read or ignore, at your discretion.

Humm, *cough...
Actually this is a scenario I have played out with a very famous (now ex) spankee a couple of times, where I see her as an object of my lust and desire to spank and she has to teach me that I must change my attitude and see her as a person. Works wonderfully!

CarolinaPaddler
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#53 | Posted: 11 Mar 2018 11:49
I rented Wonder Woman last night on the big Laptop and watched it with my wife who is in the hospital. Wow, nice panty-clad bottom and a plot that made sense. I thought it was well done and was better than most super hero movies. The special effects were bold and greatly added to the movie.

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#54 | Posted: 12 Mar 2018 01:48
I have not read all previous, excuse me. Has anyone seen a more beautiful woman than Gal? A great picture starring Gal directed by Patty Jenkins. Yea. girls.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#55 | Posted: 13 Mar 2018 14:11
yankee:
Has anyone seen a more beautiful woman than Gal?

Yes, she looks excellent for the role and acts well, much more like the original than many of the other actors impersonating comic book characters recently. I'd love to have seen her in the more common figure hugging star spangled blue bottom though. And being who I am, of course also have enjoyed seeing her getting a spanking to liberate her mind.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#56 | Posted: 14 Mar 2018 00:58
CarolinaPaddler:
a plot that made sense

I disagree. Any British politician that was talking about "peace at any price" during the last 100 days of WWI would have been mocked, ignored, or attacked. By that point the war was won and they were only quivering over the details.

Or to put it another way - I disliked the historic inaccuracies of that movie.

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#57 | Posted: 14 Mar 2018 02:16
Agree with you glagla Would have loved to see star spangled pants. To goodgulf, it is entertainment not a documentary. We all know who won and how many people died. I think we all agree we would love Gal be spanked. Just my thoughts. .Finally glagla who should spank her? My choice is Hippolata. nite

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#58 | Posted: 14 Mar 2018 15:20
yankee:
I think we all agree we would love Gal be spanked. Just my thoughts. .Finally glagla who should spank her? My choice is Hippolata. nite

Can't someone write a story on that? I'd give it double favs

Page  Page 6 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 18
azotainas, ellisb22, faygrim, Flavius, insonia, paradoxu, Slis345, spkcomics
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9