Is Wonder Woman a good movie?!

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 30 Jun 2017 07:51
Redskinluver:
Frederic Wertheimer in his anti-comics crusade of the 1950s(which led to the creation of the infamous Comics Code) singled out Wonder Woman in one of his attacks, claiming the comic fostered lesbianism.

That says a lot about that time period when an independent female role model gets labeled a Lesbian because she's not a typical housewife - or any sort of wife.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#32 | Posted: 30 Jun 2017 11:47
Goodgulf:
That says a lot about that time period when an independent female role model gets labeled a Lesbian because she's not a typical housewife - or any sort of wife.

Yes, fortunately the homo hating, Communist hunting era is over, almost at least, and it seems as if WW made it through with her feminist side intact. Too bad the submissive bondage part of her personality was lost in translation... That brings another thing to my mind, that I have tried to put down in words in this thread but I dunno if I have seceded; why is it that a strong feminist icon today cannot have a submissive side? Why is it seen as threatening to her status? Does that mean that society sees the sub as a loser, even though a sub/bottom has that preference, gets pleasure from it and might even have it genetically 'hard coded'? To me it's like being homosexual; it's not an active choice you make, you just are homosexual or not, it's your inner self that rules that. So what could it have ruined if WW had been a part time bondage sub, while still being a strong and independent woman? Wouldn't that have worked in the current state of society?

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 1 Jul 2017 03:49
So if it had been Wonder Woman does 50 Shades of Grey you woukd have liked it?

SNM
Male Author

USA
#34 | Posted: 1 Jul 2017 09:52
Seegee:

Can a goddess have an inner goddess?

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 1 Jul 2017 11:10
Seegee:

I dunno, that movie got such immensely bad press on this site and since none of the womenfolk in the house is interested, I haven't seen it. But if WW when going to sleep in that boat when leaving the island had grabbed his collar hard, stared frustrated into his eyes and begged him that she needed discipline to perfect her battle training and we'd then seen his hand work her bottom hard while she squeak in pain mixed pleasure, yes, that would have made the movie for me

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#36 | Posted: 6 Jul 2017 06:01
It doesn't have to be "in your face" but it should be part of the background.

You could just have a pair of Amazons wrestling on the Island, until one laughing submits to the other. Maybe Diana wrestles with someone who will now have to do chores for her, landing a swat on the other Amazon's seat and reminding her of all the times that Diana lost their wrestling matches and had to play slave to her.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 20:33
Glagla:
So what could it have ruined if WW had been a part time bondage sub, while still being a strong and independent woman? Wouldn't that have worked in the current state of society?

Any aspects of Wonder Woman having a secret 'submissive side,' which might have been important to her being accepted as a super-heroine in the 1940s and '50s, obviously were deleted from the character by the late '60s-early '70s era.

I'm doubtful that they'll be 're-introduced' in the near future, anymore than DC Comics would be likely to show Superman or Batman having clandestine *bottomish* tendencies--or Marvel Comics to demonstrate them in the female Captain Marvel, Thor or Iron Man either. (Although as Tony Stark is portrayed in the motion pictures, I could envision him as a spanko-bottom to Pepper Potts.)

However, at this point it would probably be too confusing, and seemingly contradictory, to most regular comic book readers for a super-hero or -heroine to have a private 'submissive side' to his/her persona...

--C.K.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#38 | Posted: 31 Jul 2017 23:19
Hmmm, this thread died it seems, but I have a hard time to let it rest in peace. RosieRad, where are you?! I was expecting to savor from a long discussion in which I'd boneheadedly defended my opinion that the movie would have benefited from shameless objectification of the heroine's bottom, and having had her quite more scantily dressed, while you piled up perfectly reasonable arguments why it's better as it is.

Thanks for your comment Crimson. A private submissive side among the superheroes/ines would be perfect in my world without causing any confusion (I think you underestimate us comic book freaks a bit ). I do agree about being able to imagine Downey as a bottom to Pepper, even though it's not my kink, but it would actually make sense judging from his character in the movies.

In my wicked fantasies it would have been great if Wonder Woman had spent that time with Steve in the boat to try to live out the real life version of those thirteen volumes on biological sex that she had spent her youth reading. I mean, with that amount of text there is bound to be a section on spanking and what a wonderful movie would it not have been had she decided to go for a real life implementation of that? It could have been a hilarious and stimulating scene. But as Crimson says, alas, that will never happen, but in this forum we can at least dream. Hmmm, I have to write story about that.

kerrsutherland
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#39 | Posted: 1 Aug 2017 03:07
Frankly, Diana couldn't explore her sexuality on the Island since it's definately a case of everyone having known her since she was a baby. Someone wrote a story where an Uncle who produced spanking movies stated (phasaphrase) his line was no spanking shoots with someone whose diapers he changed. Same principle applies here.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#40 | Posted: 1 Aug 2017 18:07
Glagla:
RosieRad, where are you?! I was expecting to savor from a long discussion in which I'd boneheadedly defended my opinion that the movie would have benefited from shameless objectification of the heroine's bottom, and having had her quite more scantily dressed, while you piled up perfectly reasonable arguments why it's better as it is.

I haven't even seen the movie and am not an expert on Wonder Woman or DC Comics history or canon. So, that was really a one-off on why objectifying women is not so great, even if it makes the movie more fun to watch. But beyond that, this thread is really outside of my expertise.

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 6
Backbeat, Clarity, Hoddle, Jflow13, jogreenknickers, spanksandsuch
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9