The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Is Wonder Woman a good movie?!

Page  Page 1 of 6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 26 Jun 2017 11:28
Since I'm a half a century comic book fanatic, I just can't let this one slip. I went to see the latest installment in the never ending wave of superhero(ine) movies last night and in contrast to 99% of the movie reviews here, I didn't like it. My first objection is as always when it comes to screen adaption, the clothes. Okay, in some cases an update may be for the common good and not seldom the uniform worn by the heroine in the comic book is just physically impossible for a real person to wear, is it not painted on. But in this case I couldn't see the reasons for changing a perfectly working and reasonably practical uniform (and by that I mean the reasonably unchanged 1969 to 2014 version, with occasional dress code dents as the 1974 TV movie, Post Crisis III and All New 2010), which incidentally also had an unprecedented opportunity to give a tremendous view of her rear. Damn; I was really looking forward to this movie. But not only had the uniform changed drastically; what has brought down a vast majority of praise in the papers is that the movie for the first time doesn't objectify or sexualise the heroine. That was correct; there was not one single gratifying scene in which we could cherish from the arse belonging to one of the most powerful women in comic book history. Then I started thinking; what is good with this? What is actually good about not sexualise the heroine? All the male superheroes are dressed in tight spandex and the camera incessantly pans over their muscular bodies. Hemsworth is highly sexualized and from what I understand most women consistently drool over Downey. In Avengers there is but one woman and we do get some gratifying shorts of Scarlett's rear, but that's it. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to have an objectified little wuss with huge tits and the brain of a gnat impersonating the heroine, but what's wrong with a handful of sexualized moves and scenes focusing on the hero's/heroine's physical advantages? Isn't the world easier to stand with some sensuality in it? Why is it good that Wonder Woman is portrayed more like a gender naturalized being than a woman? Does this actually make the movie better? Isn't that what Wonder Woman is supposed to be about, a tremendous rear in a tight, shiny, crisp blue bikini bottom, covered with stars? No, I guess she is not, but a shot of that would have made my day Great fighting scenes back on the island thought.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 26 Jun 2017 15:01
Have not seen the movie, but I got a real laugh out of this review! So the purpose of a Wonder Woman movie is to display her rear!
All kidding aside, do have to sympathize, especially if she is wearing the abbreviated pants that more recent comics have her in.Not that the original tight short-shorts were not sexy,recall the wonderful Lynda Carter scenes on TV.
Brings to mind how delightful it was to watch Xena, all those views of Lucy Lawless' gorgeous bottom in those tight black shorts she wore under that flippy leather skirt. They varied in length too, sometimes being in booty shorts territory. Not to mention at least one episode where we got to see her and Gabrielle's bare bottoms.
Of course the Wonder Woman movie we'd all like to see is one with her getting soundly and thoroughly spanked with her costume being one of the recent thong style types.Spanked by the Amazon Queen for wearing it in the first place!

tyrport
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 26 Jun 2017 18:04
I too have not seen the movie. I will be very disappointed if she doesn't throw her lasso around a guy and make him have her way with him. Don't know why she would need the lasso. She is pretty and skantily dressed.

Did have a laugh at how they tried promoting it as a feminist film before revealing she made 300,000 as the lead and the boyfriend made something like 5 million.

Belsteph
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 26 Jun 2017 21:34
I made the mistake of going to see this movie. I normally rent films from Netflix but they do not rent 3D movies and I didn't want to have to buy the 3D BluRay. I enjoyed the scenes at the start of the Amazons, but when Wonder Woman got involved in World War I, there was far too much blowing things up and not enough of her body. I guess that's probably what these Super Hero movies are all about - a lot of mindless violence.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 26 Jun 2017 22:10
Yes, what I really disliked about he movie was the gas testing on innocent people, it was a bit grossed out. It's supposed to be entertainment after all, isn't it? I agree with you completely Redskin, one of the recent thong like models would have made my day and needless to say I'd loved to see her soundly spanked (why else would I be on this page?). But that won't happen, but I was at least hoping for an extended zoom in from behind as she seductively walked forward, but oh no. Xena, ah! Now that's another long time favorite and she got way closer to spankings or butt exposure than any Wonder Woman release ever did. I can't believe that Gadot even got less paid than the supporting actor! Well, that much for being a feminist movie I guess. Tyrport, she does have sex in the movie, but you don't get to see more than a decent, well-dressed kiss, bummer.

So, to axe the plot. "WW is given to the amazons by Zeus himself as the living weapon that is the only thing that can stop Ares. Oh - I love her so much as her adoptive mother - so let's not train her in the art of weapons!" Right. It's better with Deadpool when they do not care about credibility or plot contingency. Trying to make a credible and serious superhero movie doesn't work. Except maybe for Batman. Which could be because he has no powers and the plot is usually more down to earth because of that.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 26 Jun 2017 22:53
I kind of have to dissent here. I loved the film. Best DC adaptation that they've done in recent times, with the exception of the Nolan Batman's. Much of the credit has to go to director Patty Jenkins for delivering a WW film with a bit of heart, plenty of action and some genuine chemistry between the two leads. All respect to Lynda Carter, but she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag, Gal Gadot can. Admittedly the cartoony plots of the original TV shows didn't give Lynda much help. The lack of Zack Snyder in this film also helps it rise above turgid dross like Batman V Superman.
Maybe it's because I always saw Wonderwoman as a spanker rather than a spankee. Doesn't anyone find a woman taking charge and kicking arse rather than running around screaming 'Save me!' sexy? I do.

The lack of female Avengers was discussed at the time when the film first appeared. Many would have preferred more ladies, and I personally wanted to see the character of the Wasp, but there were hints in Antman that she'll appear in the next installment of those films, and as Antman is kind of an Avenger now, she'll possibly join the line up in the the next Avengers film.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 26 Jun 2017 23:00
I thought it was a decent film. Very reminiscent of pre-Peter Jackson fantasy movies.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 27 Jun 2017 00:09
Glagla, since I believe you've mentioned having a daughter, I'll be serious for a moment and link a couple of articles that talk about the harm we do to women when we send the message that Wonder Woman is about "a tremendous rear in a tight, shiny, crisp blue bikini bottom, covered with stars?"

Feel free to read or ignore, at your discretion.

http://urbanette.com/women-objectified/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/neal-samudre/6-things-we-lose-from-objectifying-women_b _4886980.html

LawnDawg
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 27 Jun 2017 02:26
I enjoyed Wonder Woman, and thought her costume looked like that of a warrior, and Gal Gadot would look hot in anything she wore. I also agree with Seegee, I always saw Wonder Woman as a spanker, never a spankee, and some of my earliest spanking fantasies was me doing something wrong and Wonder Woman lassoing me with the lasso of truth and making me admit I deserved a spanking before taking my pants down and giving me a very sore and red bottom. The movie gave me hope for the DCEU as there are directors who can work for WB that can make a good comic book movie.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 27 Jun 2017 03:53
Wonder Woman was designed to teach a very important lesson: to induce eroticism in readers as a part of what the author called "sex love training". To further quote "Through his Wonder Woman comics, he aimed to condition readers to becoming more readily accepting of loving submission to loving authorities rather than being so assertive with their own destructive egos."

"The only hope for peace is to teach people who are full of pep and unbound force to enjoy being bound... Only when the control of self by others is more pleasant than the unbound assertion of self in human relationships can we hope for a stable, peaceful human society... Giving to others, being controlled by them, submitting to other people cannot possibly be enjoyable without a strong erotic element."

Marston (said author) wrote
" Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetype lacks force, strength, and power. Not wanting to be girls, they don't want to be tender, submissive, peace-loving as good women are. Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."

Marston went on record by describing bondage and submission as a "respectable and noble practice". Marston wrote in a weakness for Wonder Woman, which was attached to a fictional stipulation that he dubbed "Aphrodite's Law", that made the chaining of her "Bracelets of Submission" together by a man take away her Amazonian super strength. This weakness served to subvert the damsel in distress trope, since Wonder Woman inevitably rescues herself. However, not everything about his creation was explicitly explained in any one source, which caused confusion among writers and fans for many years.
Golden Age.
________

Yes, Wonder Woman (like all Amazon's in DC Comics) wears "Bracelets of Submission".

If the current movie does not preach that submission and bondage is the nature state for women, then its creators have abandoned the central message of the Wonder Woman character.

Page  Page 1 of 6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 4
DenseWall, Nelon, stevenr, Timdod99, Unclemac47
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9