Page  Page 2 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 21:21
RosieCheeks:
It is quality not quantity that counts, size isn't everything etc etc

Why do I get the impression that you are not talking about comments...?

Alef:
Why don't aim for 10 000 comments instead?

That's another of my life goals, and I'll get there, eventually, but in contrast to the ration, I can get there, so that's one of the few things I'm not whining about

opb:
there was a time when I didn't comment on all stories, and so those need some sort of response.

That is precisely my problem; I got off to a bad start and I have still not backtracked and commented on the first 200 stories that I've read, but I'll get there, promise.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#12 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 21:57
Motto states ....read lots, write lots and comment more.

If we all do our individual best to follow that idea we and this site will be great.

CS

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#13 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 22:18
Glagla:
Why do I get the impression that you are not talking about comments...?

Kind Sir i know not to what you refer................

BlooDenim
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 9 Jun 2017 10:05
1:12.4

Oh dear.......

Does this mean I should apologise to all the authors I didn't comment on?

But I read so quickly!

*pushes exercise book down back of trousers.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#15 | Posted: 9 Jun 2017 13:12
Question
Once you have read and commented on a story, does it negatively affect your ratio if you were to read that story again at a later date, as after rereading you would not be commenting again?

Such things befuddle my little grey cells.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 9 Jun 2017 16:40
RosieCheeks:
Once you have read and commented on a story, does it negatively affect your ratio if you were to read that story again at a later date, as after rereading you would not be commenting again?

No, the ratio is based on comments made in relation to the number of different stories read. You can view an individual story as many times as you want and it won't affect your 'stories read' total.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 9 Jun 2017 17:04
I won't be aiming for the 1:1 commenting ratio -- there are too many times I open a story, read a bit, and decide it's not for me, and thus don't finish it or comment on it. Which seems to me a perfectly rational way to use a site like this. Leave good quality comments, and leave lots of comments, but don't worry about opening a story and not fully reading/commenting on it. And go for raw total milestones rather than ratios.

curioserto:
I occasionally read the author's back catalogue if I enjoy a recent story and it can feel like I am inundating that author with comments.

I think most authors would love to be inundated. Go for it!

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#18 | Posted: 9 Jun 2017 19:08
Februs:
No, the ratio is based on comments made in relation to the number of different stories read. You can view an individual story as many times as you want and it won't affect your 'stories read' total.

Februs thank you for the clarification.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 9 Jun 2017 23:28
RosieRad
I won't be aiming for the 1:1 commenting ratio -- there are too many times I open a story, read a bit, and decide it's not for me, and thus don't finish it or comment on it.

Same here, I open a story, find it's not to my taste, I tend to click out of it, though sometimes, I'll plow on to see if I can broaden my horizons a bit.

There are a few authors I look for, their stories tend to resonate with me either because I have memories of something similar, or I've fantasized about the same thing happening in real life.

I tend to make comments when I have something positive, or potentially interesting to say, I don't comment, just to comment.

Mads
Male Author

Denmark
#20 | Posted: 10 Jun 2017 09:47
I've a commenting ratio of about 1:5, which I'm rather proud of; I don't strive for more. I only write positive comment on stories that appeal to me, and I try to be a little informative to coming readers. I myself do use comments when I select a story to read as a supplement to the synopsis and the other information on the story.

Page  Page 2 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 9
adrimc88, Alex1918, castorcas, Liverpool69, opb, Pembridge06, poona
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9