The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Commenting ratio

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»
Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 00:23
Oh bugger! I just realized that by clicking my own stories, I'll never be able to reach a 1:1 commenting ratio, as I release too many stories. It eats me that this goal of mine has become unreachable!

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 02:20
Glagla:
ats me that this goal of mine has become unreachable!

Such a goal is NEVER unreachable unless one decides in their own mind that it is.

CS

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#3 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 03:57
Well, you're better off than I am. I started commenting too late in the game and it saddens me to see that my commenting ratio (based primarily on the past) is like 1:3 but I too am skewed because a lot of those uncommented views are because I view all of my submissions and do not comment on those.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 03:59
I'm in the same boat, and hovering around a 1:2 ratio...

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 10:49
canadianspankee:
Such a goal is NEVER unreachable unless one decides in their own mind that it is.

...but it's simple mathematics... I'll soon have released too many stories for it to work... unless there are suddenly another 30 000 releases on the site and I read and comment on them all... That would be nice though...

Februs; how about removing our own stories from the equation deciding our viewed/commented ratio...? (damn, why isn't there a grovelling smiley?!)

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#6 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 11:04
Dreaming of a 1:1 comment ratio is madness. It's the number of authors you make happy with your remarks that counts, not an abstract fraction. Why don't aim for 10 000 comments instead?

Anorris1
Female Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 13:48
I watched a movie last night and while it was a hokie reply to a silly statement it stuck with me for some reasons. He said, and I don't quote but paraphrase "Impossible is really only I'm possible." In this case your original goal is not mathematically possible unless Ferbus makes your requested changes, but the spirit of giving feedback and making other authors happy is still attainable.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#8 | Posted: 7 Jun 2017 14:28
Glagla:
Oh bugger! I just realized that by clicking my own stories, I'll never be able to reach a 1:1 commenting ratio, as I release too many stories. It eats me that this goal of mine has become unreachable!

It is quality not quantity that counts, size isn't everything etc etc

opb
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 10:17
I'm steadily going through my list of stories read but not commented upon to try to reduce my V/C ratio. Whilst it seems like a statistical obsession, there was a time when I didn't comment on all stories, and so those need some sort of response.

curioserto
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 14:11
I only comment when I have something positive to say so I view my ratio of 1:1.8 as a testament to the quality of stories on the site. If I also factor in that I was a reluctant poster at the beginning then it points to the general quality being exceptional.

I occasionally read the author's back catalogue if I enjoy a recent story and it can feel like I am inundating that author with comments.

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 17
AlanBarr, Captain1958, Frspanko, Noiterk
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9