New munch rules

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 16 May 2017 00:27
mobile_carrot:
"D/s" is referring to people who are, or would like to be, in a defined dominant/submissive relationship. At least I think that's what they mean. There's another "spanko munch" in Manchester for people who can be in any relationship as long as sore red bottoms come into it somewhere. I'm sure missing those folk!

Damn, you guys are so fortunate to live in an open minded society full of possibilities. I envy you for having access to these kinds of get together. Kind of strange though to have this meeting excluding the most popular books of the genre.

Chelmer
Male Member

England
#12 | Posted: 16 May 2017 20:19
"A "munch" is an event where people interested in BDSM get together socially over a meal, generally in a restaurant"

I'm sure that may be true in the USA but all the ones I've come across in London involve people getting together over drinks in a pub. Although come to that I can think of one that is an open air picnic with people bringing food, drinks etc. A few are linked to a later party, a few again have access to a private room somewhere in the pub for play (and are therefore termed "play munches") but in my opinion most are purely for chatting.

Some while ago one munch was called a "minck" to highlight that there was no food only drinks. But although it ran for years no one else followed the name change.

If it's different in the rest of the UK I'd be happy to stand corrected.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 17 May 2017 12:31
Chelmer:
all the ones I've come across in London involve people getting together over drinks in a pub.

Gee, the extents that some people seem to go to, to get a beer, never ceases to amaze me. Really, one should be able to go get a beer without claiming to be a BDSM activist.

But really, what is the group in question going to discuss if they beforehand exclude all the mainstream books on the subject?

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#14 | Posted: 19 May 2017 22:28
Glagla:
But really, what is the group in question going to discuss if they beforehand exclude all the mainstream books on the subject?

I think it suggests that people who are going to denounce or be critical of those books mentioned would not be welcome, in other words say only nice complimentary things.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 20 May 2017 00:22
RosieCheeks:
I think it suggests that people who are going to denounce or be critical of those books mentioned would not be welcome, in other words say only nice complimentary things.

Ah! That makes more sense I suppose. But who would want to go there if you don't like these books? Well, 50 shades maybe isn't top notch, but still...

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 12 : Guests - 7
Azarga, daveyboy, dustinwin, ebbetsjim, hampshire, Howabout, Michito21, oxford, paddlingman, PGreenham, rabbitrun, TonyC
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9