Humiliation

Page  Page 4 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
Alef
Male Author

Norway
#31 | Posted: 19 Apr 2017 12:39
tysout:
Alef
Agreed...can you imagine how humiliating it would be if he got caught?

He might just find it embarrassing.

medici
Male Author

England
#32 | Posted: 19 Apr 2017 17:19
Probably more embarrassing than humiliating, if i've been reading the previous posts right lol

btw.. i'll risk it wink wink!

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#33 | Posted: 19 Apr 2017 17:45
It's good to see that my post is generating such a healthy response

Burgundy:
So, since I'm explicitly and very clearly on record here with my declarations that I looooove cruelty and humiliation - I'm, like, totally into it - let me also go on record to explicitly confirm that I obviously meant between consenting adults

In real life yes but the stories on here are works of fiction and should be regarded as such even if they are sometimes based on the author's own experiences.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#34 | Posted: 19 Apr 2017 19:56
Hotspur:
In real life yes but the stories on here are works of fiction and should be regarded as such

Of course! Somewhere in this discussion I must have skidded past that too. My favourite theme to write about is non-consensual spankings of adults, but obviously that's only ever in fiction. I have never in real life either given or received a non-consensual spanking, ever. Including the consent part into fictional stories would somewhat kill the mood...

"Tiffani my darling wife, you have been a very bad girl and deserve to be punished. Do you consent to receive a good spanking over my knee?"
"Oooh, you're so right my love, I do deserve a spanking!"
"Yes you do, but first I must have your consent - remember, only yes means yes!"
"Yes, yes!! Do it, spank me against my will!"
"Aahh... By 'against your will', do you mean consensually against your will?"

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#35 | Posted: 22 Apr 2017 23:06
Humiliation is a mindset, being made to stand naked in view of others is humiliating to some, but if that person was a 'artistic model' then nudity would have no negative impact, verbally putting the person down would likely have less humiliation impact, if that person had experienced the verbals given by NCOs to new recruits in the military, the list goes on.

If it is described well by author i personally find humiliation as a big plus in stories, a very big plus, it creates images that i like.

Let us be honest corporal punishment is humiliating, controlling, painful, has psychological impact as well as physical, so humiliation alone is not in my opinion any more cruel and some might say was overall less cruel. Humiliation is merely a method of control, asserting and confirming power over another.

We must always remember the stories here on LSF are fiction, fantasy call it what you want.
We on LSF have a range of 'likes,' from the pitty pats of a loving couple having very consensual bedroom playtime with associated sweet talk, to the extremes of our imagination without love, consent and erring to the darker side of human behaviours.

"Not bleakly,
Not meekly,
Spank me on the bottom with a 'Woman's Weekly'
Let's do it toooooniiiigghhht!"
Thank you Victoria Wood
(Humiliation preferred but optional)

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#36 | Posted: 23 Apr 2017 15:22
Based on all the above responses there are obviously no hard and fast rules, just a matter of preferences. To me it has varied with the story, whatever felt right in the moment. Sometimes I'll go with the "humiliate them in front of the whole family/class/office as a cautionary tale," and other times deal with the misbehavior in private.

Even if others don't actually witness the spanking, you can still humiliate the spankee by announcing their fate after the fact: "Your sister got caught cheating on a test and so I thrashed her with my brush/belt/paddle/etc. and the same thing will happen to you if you try to do it." So the spanking could be hours old at that point but still bring a blush of shame to their face.

Come to think of it, it's equally humiliating to announce their pending fate: "Your brother got caught cheating on a test and so after dinner we're going out to the woodshed so I can thrash him with my brush/belt/paddle/etc. and the same thing will happen to you if you try to do it." Hard to eat with your siblings gawking and knowing you'll soon be squealing.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 24 Apr 2017 18:10
Humiliation vs. embarrassment, since I'm not an author, not in the published sense at least, all I have to offer is what I've witnessed and experienced personally. For me the difference is, embarrassment was being taken out to the hall in school for a paddling, humiliation was having it done in front of the entire class. The embarrassing thing was the norm, if we got paddled, that was how it was done, or we were sent to the office, which was the same thing, only being paddled by the principal raised the stakes a bit. Having it done publicly, in front of your classmates was different, it went beyond embarrassment, you became a spectacle. I have no doubt some enjoyed that kind of attention, I would not have.

For adults, it might be that the husbands wife misbehaves at a party they are giving and he announces that she will be spanked/paddled/caned on her bare rear end later. That to me is embarrassment, however, if he were to make her bare her butt and deal with her in front of their friends and neighbors, thereby making a spectacle of her punishment, that would be humiliation. And no, I've never been to a party where either of these scenarios took place, though I have been to a few where such measure may have been called for.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#38 | Posted: 24 Apr 2017 20:16

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#39 | Posted: 25 Apr 2017 03:03
Many times, unnecessary/gratuitous humiliation can be a big turn-off in a story for me. (I'm inviting people over to watch me spank you, or I'm going to leave you bare-assed in the corner, or bent naked over the back of the sofa, when the neighbor comes to the door, etc.)

I'd call the kind of private situations Burgundy seems to love writing about more "subjugation" than "humiliation". (To me, "humiliation" almost necessarily brings in others who need not be involved.)

And even when situations are embarrassing, I don't usually dwell on that aspect in my own writing, though "normal" embarrassment doesn't bother me in a story. I'm normally more focused on the personal shame of having disappointed someone (including oneself) than the embarrassment of being spanked.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#40 | Posted: 25 Apr 2017 17:13
RosieRad:
To me, "humiliation" almost necessarily brings in others who need not be involved

I think there are plenty of ways to humiliate someone even with just the two of you in the room, but I agree whole-heartedly with your main point: if you're not either giving or getting the spanking, what are you doing here?? Get out of my scene.

'Subjugation in Progress - Do Not Disturb.'

Page  Page 4 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 4
Adam4824, Artemishel, BrianC780, Capstan, Derrick30, Elodie, mobblers
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9