LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Humiliation

Page  Page 1 of 7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#1 | Posted: 14 Apr 2017 13:23
I've often wondered to what extent humiliation plays a part in the stories featured on this site. Yes spanking/caning hurts. It's a punishment; it's supposed to hurt. Being made to suffer the humiliation of having to adopt a degrading position, bending over and presenting your backside for such punishment in front of others especially those of the opposite sex, can however prove to be more painful than any physical discomfort. I speak from experience having attended school in South London back in the mid 50's – 60's when corporal punishment was part of everyday life for British schoolboys.

Many of my stories have a school setting and the characters are often made to bare their bottoms in front of the whole class for their teachers to apply the cane. I always emphasize that their embarrassment and the anguish of being mocked by giggling classmates that generally follows, forms a significant part of their punishment.

I would be interested to hear from other authors what importance they feel should be given to this aspect of the spanking/caning ritual is in their writing.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#2 | Posted: 15 Apr 2017 08:17
Interesting question that I think we have discussed before, but I don't mind a second round. To me, (punishment) spanking is fundamentally embarrassing and humiliating. Just to be punished is embarrassing in itself, and in addition come the helplessness of the spanking position, the exposure, and all the associations of childishness. I must admit I play quite a lot on these feelings in my stories – my protagonists are often as afraid of somebody getting to know about the spanking as they are of the spanking itself. There are also instances where others incidentally get to see or hear the spanking.

For some reason it is important to me that the embarrassment is seen as a natural part of the punishment. I usually don't like it when extra humiliation is added, e.g. through uneccesary cruelty or insensitivity. So to answer one of Hotspur's questions: A spanking in front of the whole school is fine with me if the author has convinced me that this is part of the school's rules and regulations, but not if I feel that the author is just adding another layer of humiliation.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#3 | Posted: 15 Apr 2017 13:11
There are many relationship contexts in which spanking can take place apart from the punishment context e.g. Erotic spanking, power exchange relationships and domestic discipline. Genres like historical fiction and historical fantasy have their own delightful ways of introducing humiliation Each will have a different set of emotional buttons to be pressed. Depending on the context, humiliation or embarrassment may be one of them and may actually be a desired state for the one being spanked.

These are emotions that any of the primary participants in a story (characters, readers and writers) might need to get their 'mind-fuck' so it needs to be seen in the correct context of setting, genre and purpose.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 15 Apr 2017 13:39
gail:
Depending on the context, humiliation or embarrassment may be one of them and may actually be a desired state for the one being spanked

I'd certainly agree with that (as an occasional spankee), but "humiliation" has strongly negative connotations, so I'd call it a desire to show humility, rather than a desire to be humiliated.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#5 | Posted: 15 Apr 2017 13:59
AlanBarr:
"humiliation" has strongly negative connotations, so I'd call it a desire to show humility

I think you missed the point! In your context it might be negative but what I was trying to point out is that there are many instances where it is the desired state. Yours is a judgemental assessment. For someone who seeks out these situations they are definitely not looking for humility.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#6 | Posted: 15 Apr 2017 17:02
I'm all for humiliation, but only in very specific ways that I like. (Just like everyone else here, of course.)

One specific way I like is that humiliation is the exclusive prerogative of the spanker to dole out, but not anyone else present - they haven't earned it. Where do they get off, those free-loaders??

So I don't like it when the spankee is laughed at and made a spectacle of in front of other people, as in your original example, of getting caned in front of the whole class. I don't like it if the spanking opens up the spankee to public ridicule, thereby lowering their social status, possibly permanently, compared to their peers. (I know a lot of people do like 'in-front-of-the-class' spankings, I'm not making a judgement. I'm just describing what it is that I don't like about it...)

Surrendering every iota of decorum, self-respect, and self-control to the spanker for the duration of the spanking? Check, all good. Putting the spankee's dignity up for sale to everyone with a dollar to spare, who did nothing to earn the right to humiliate them? That makes me cringe.

But you know, that's just, like, my opinion and stuff.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#7 | Posted: 16 Apr 2017 14:14
Burgundy:
I'm all for humiliation, but only in very specific ways that I like. (Just like everyone else here, of course).

I think we are at the heart of the matter here. I usually cringe at humiliation and embarrassment to the extent that there are many mainstream movies and series I simply can't watch, but at the same time I'm fine with a naked butt across a lap or on display in a corner as long as there is a spanking involved. I guess it's a matter of one set of feelings overrunning another. It may also explain why I am back to cringing whenever the humiliation is no longer part of the spanking. However, I have no problem with others feeling differently, and sometimes fine writers (like Gail and Burgundy) can get me hooked almost against my will.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#8 | Posted: 16 Apr 2017 16:35
Alef:
against my will

That's my fetish

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 16 Apr 2017 17:31
I'd say that the humiliation part often plays a crucial role. As many have pointed out already that part can be just as rewarding as the actual spanking itself. I like scenarios in which the spanking befalls someone who in the process is taken down a few hundred pegs or so and get to face the floor in a way that they had thought unimaginable before, it quite ads to the whole scenario and gives a thrill. That is however just one of the many ways a spanking story can unravel though, and in many there are no humiliation involvement at all. In a relation there is often no humiliation involved at all, just pleasure. I think the humiliation factor is more common in the more fictional stories, that bends reality and brings us to the happy Spankoland where snotty bosses and people in the street can unsuspectingly get upended.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#10 | Posted: 16 Apr 2017 21:03
Glagla:
In a relationship there is often no humiliation involved at all, just pleasure.

????!!
Heh. Ha, haha.
Hahahahahaaaaaah ha haaha. HahahahahHAAAHAAAHAAAHHAHAHA *wheeeeeze* HAHAHAHAAAAAA...

Glagla:
I think the humiliation factor is more common in the more fictional stories

On the contrary, I'm fairly sure most stories I've come across where the humiliation factor was highest, were in fact based in real life more than fiction. The writing just had that kind of feel to it; some things are so raw you just can't make that stuff up.
Maybe you don't like that, that's cool. But some of us do.

Page  Page 1 of 7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 12
carlspanks, luke16, processdog, rabbitrun, whoseturn, xenmur, Zachary314159
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9