The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Speaking of little thrills ...

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#21 | Posted: 12 Jan 2017 02:44
RosieRad:
A thrill whenever something of mine shows up, a pang of regret when a new batch comes up and I didn't have anything ready, and disappointment when a new batch comes up but my queued item(s) weren't high enough in the queue to show up.

Unless you're, like, MJ or Lisa B, who are probably all like "WTF man, how come only 17 of my 28 stories were posted this week, and what am I supposed to do with next week's batch of 43 stories now?"

Mads
Male Author

Denmark
#22 | Posted: 12 Jan 2017 13:20
KJM:
So, yes, there's a thrill in publishing, in watching it being read and appreciating every one of the precious comments.

That's exactly how I feel too. I also like a message to popup from an author whose story I've commented.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#23 | Posted: 12 Jan 2017 22:21
Regarding authors and popup messages. I wish we could copy and paste text in order to avoid excess typing. I'm not referring to copying from their stories, instead I mean in response to comments from the Forum.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 13 Jan 2017 02:50
Often123:
I'm not referring to copying from their stories, instead I mean in response to comments from the Forum.

Like this?

Often123
Male Member

USA
#25 | Posted: 13 Jan 2017 05:50
njrick: Yes, except I'd like to be able to do this in a popup message I'm sending.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 13 Jan 2017 17:57
I guess you could call me an attention whore as well. I think I check my stats on my author page at least twenty times a day to see which stories that have been read. Every pop-up and comment I get, even the negative ones, are like finding the motherload to me; it is what gives me ideas for upcoming stories.

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#27 | Posted: 13 Jan 2017 21:09
Me too; I've tweaked characters in stories based on feedback I've gotten in the past.

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 14 Jan 2017 04:36
Unless you're, like, MJ or Lisa B, who are probably all like "WTF man, how come only 17 of my 28 stories were posted this week, and what am I supposed to do with next week's batch of 43 stories now?" Burgundy

There are actually only 31 completed stories lying around on my hard drive right now.

I submit 3 new stories into the LSF queue every week. With only 30 stories posted per week it can be feast or famine. Some weeks there might not be any of my stories uploaded; this week I think there are 5.

My work is changing so that I'll have less time for writing, so I've been trying to stockpile as many stories as possible now. So at the current rate of submission I've got several months worth of stories left before a haitus.

I do admit checking almost obsessively the first few days after new stories are posted to gauge the reaction to them. I want to submit stuff that people want to read and maybe subconsciously tailor future stories to appeal to the audience.

There are some that I think people will like that generate nothing but yawns and others become total sleepers. I had what I thought was a very run-of-the-mill parental discipline story that the last time I checked it had 14 favorites. I have no idea why that particular story resonated with that many people (I wish I did so I could replicate it). It's always a bit of a crap-shoot (unless you're someone like Gloup who always seems to wrack up a ton of comments).

mj

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 14 Jan 2017 11:17
Ha! 31 stories, now that's so lame. I've got 68 completed stories on my drive (and 195 incomplete in the making). Unfortunately they are all cramped with directly translated Swedish idioms and are generally infested with grave grammatical errors, so you'll not have to suffer from them until some decent English speaking person has had a good long laugh and then with a gentle hand rubbed out the worst of it.

My limited English competence level shines through again I fear. I just spent half an hour trying to figure out what 'wrack up' means, but the best I can find is 'crash' or 'bundle up' which neither makes much sense to me. So I wonder, was I just accused of repeatedly splattering the whole site with my rambling, or did it mean that I am prone to get many comments on my stories? Please reply to 'curious' on this page.

By the way, sorry to hear that you'll have less time to write from now on MJ, I really love your stories.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 14 Jan 2017 13:42
Often123:
Yes, except I'd like to be able to do this in a popup message I'm sending.

You can do that in a popup message same as the forum, it just isn't automated at present. For now you can just copy paste the relevant text and surround it with the following (remove the spaces tho):

[ quote ] ... [ /quote ]

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 8
AlanYoung, dund93, Fokus014, kdpierre, Postdec2022, Regina, Skylor
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9