The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Speaking of little thrills ...

Page  Page 2 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#11 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 15:51
Often123:
All of my own writing is on my hard drive and certainly isn't up to LSF standards

Nonsense! Send it in!

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#12 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 17:44
As a reader i must admit i get a rush of adrenaline, when i see a new part of a serial i am following has been posted.

The 'rush' i am sure is different, but still it is strong.

As a reader i now always comment as it only fair to do so, the author puts in lot of effort, the least i can do is spend few moments acknowledging their work.

We readers are very grateful to all the authors here on LSF, and readers please give comment on stories you read, to do otherwise could be seen in my opinion as taking from author but giving nothing back.

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#13 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 19:26
canadianspankee:
Often123:
All of my own writing is on my hard drive and certainly isn't up to LSF standards

You will never know for sure unless you try. I would bet you are a better writer than I was when I started. Give yourself some credit and lets have a look at all those stories of yours Often123.

I second this. While of course you shouldn't share whatever would make you uncomfortable to share, if you worry it's just 'not good enough' I suspect you'll get feedback indicating otherwise.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 19:56
While I've never written anything for this site to be published. I have written some things for other organizations, and felt the same little thrill, or sense of pride when others thought they were worthy of posting. People sometimes seem surprised I can string two words together and have them make sense. I just tell them there is a lot about me I keep private.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 21:27
canadianspankee:
I feel great when it happens. Sometimes the lack of views and comments (especially because I write F/M for the most part and that creates a limited audience) can be discouraging, but I still like it.

- F/M has a limited audience? Not so!

What little I've done was pretty amateurish and was for the amusement of several friends and my late wife. It was pretty much in the way of R/P or inspiration for them. It's too bad I never took a creative writing course in college. Another thing is a problem with spacing and punctuation here. I think I'd better stick with reading other's efforts.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 11 Jan 2017 06:18
A thrill whenever something of mine shows up, a pang of regret when a new batch comes up and I didn't have anything ready, and disappointment when a new batch comes up but my queued item(s) weren't high enough in the queue to show up.

And then thrill as they get their first reads, first comments, etc.

Also... when I look at my history and see that someone read more than one story of mine (especially if they appear to have spent long enough on it to have actually read it -- one never knows though). And most of all when someone actually reads through a serial.

I am definitely an attention whore here... ah well, it's so much fun to have others appreciate one's efforts.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 11 Jan 2017 16:10
I don't care that much - or so I tell myself; then I notice that I can always remember the number of my 'total reads' and feel disappointed if it hasn't gone up since the last time I visited the Library!

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 11 Jan 2017 19:20
The rush I feel when my story goes online is the very fuel that keeps me alive. I thrive from the comments. I however never go back to read the stories, as it would break the spell and the illusion in my mind of how good I think it is.

cherryripe
Female Member

England
#19 | Posted: 11 Jan 2017 23:22
Yes however I have to admit my writing prowess has been absent for a while. I am just getting to grips here and hope to comment on stories i read also to write more

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#20 | Posted: 12 Jan 2017 01:09
Although I am not a prolific writer, at times I check my author's page, check the stats and discover - surprised - that almost every day people read a few stories. My first reaction is being thankful for it followed by an impure thought of - "why don't you leave a comment, you so and so."

So, yes, there's a thrill in publishing, in watching it being read and appreciating every one of the precious comments. And at times re-reading them.

Page  Page 2 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 7
ebbetsjim, hampshire, john4, Nickf, Perry, sheep, tippe9782
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9