LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Speaking of little thrills ...

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»
JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#1 | Posted: 9 Jan 2017 20:19
Does anyone else feel a happy jolt of adrenaline when they see a new story of theirs loaded? It's a really gratifying audience to write for; like a working group, but without the sniping between postmodernists and constructivists

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#2 | Posted: 9 Jan 2017 20:34
JessicaK:
but without the sniping between postmodernists and constructivists

But what about the eternal battle between the precoitalists and the constrictivists?

Otherwise a rather embarrassed YES.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#3 | Posted: 9 Jan 2017 21:09
Yeah, except right after that I usually open it up to check that it loaded 'right', and proceed to find a dozen mistakes I didn't catch when I sent it, and berate myself, "why didn't I poofread it one more time??"

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 9 Jan 2017 22:02
Burgundy:
"why didn't I poofread it one more time??"

Sorry to tell you this, but you've just created one of the greatest classic typos of all time!

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#5 | Posted: 9 Jan 2017 22:18
D'OH!!!

Elorac
Female Validater

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 9 Jan 2017 22:48
I admit to feeling a thrill every time I have a new story or song loaded.
Sometimes followed by disappointment when there are few 'views' and fewer 'comments'!
It's amazing how a thoughtful comment can boost confidence and encourage us, isn't it? That is certainly a thrill to receive an uplifting comment or pop up message!
Of course, it's exciting and gratifying to share with our friends here, that's why we love to write.
With regard to the mistakes, no worries, that's why we have validators. It's easy to miss our own mistakes and another pair of eyes can spot what we, as authors, sometimes miss in our own work.
Here's to more thrills!

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 9 Jan 2017 23:59
Elorac:
That is certainly a thrill to receive an uplifting comment or pop up message!

Quite a lot of us on this site claim to write mainly for our own amusement, but who can deny we all enjoy receiving a bit of attention? I'm always reminded of the old saying that a dog would sooner be kicked than ignored. Even a critical comment (and I've had a few) isn't as cruel as no comment at all!

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#8 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 04:43
The things I've written strictly for my own amusement stay on my harddrive. Sometimes they're unfinished, sometimes they're unpolished, sometimes they reveal too much of my own naked id for even me to be comfortable posting.

If I post, it's in some tiny, weird way an act as part of a community. So yes, one values feedback and communication!

Often123
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 05:17
All of my own writing is on my hard drive and certainly isn't up to LSF standards, but I do enjoy reading the stories here and commenting.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#10 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 07:10
Often123:
All of my own writing is on my hard drive and certainly isn't up to LSF standards

You will never know for sure unless you try. I would bet you are a better writer than I was when I started. Give yourself some credit and lets have a look at all those stories of yours Often123.

JessicaK:
Does anyone else feel a happy jolt of adrenaline when they see a new story of theirs loaded?

I feel great when it happens. Sometimes the lack of views and comments (especially because I write F/M for the most part and that creates a limited audience) can be discouraging, but I still like it. It is also the reason why I make a point to comment often, as I am very aware of how encouraging a comment can be to the writer.

CS

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 6
knicks604, Lizchurch, Omegalodon, oxford, Sojourn
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9