The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Martinet

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
lesliejones
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 1 Dec 2016 14:03
I too associate the martinet with France and those country girls getting it on their thighs to preserve modesty. But it is also commonly recalled (I think France has also banned cp in schools now) in schools where very strict schoolmistresses, especially in all-girls schools, would summon a misbehaving student to the front where she would be told to get up on a chair on her knees facing the back of the chair (with her bottom on display to the class) and then receive quite a few stingers from the martinet applied expertly by the mistress. In many accounts, the severity of the martinet was emphasized by the fact that when aimed at the bottom, one or more strands might find themselves landing and stinging between the legs of the recipient, which definitely puts it in the severe category.

Eva
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 12 Dec 2016 12:47
What Leslie describes above is similar to my experience at school in France. It was a boarding school - girls only. Punishment was in front of the class, so that all present learn from the example.

One was required to bend over the desk of the teacher. The skirt was lifted onto one's back and the martinet whipped on the knickers.

Where the tip of the lanières strike on bare skin at the side of the knicker, it is like bee stings !

One of the teachers always finished with one on the top of each thigh, left and right. It is not something which one forgets !

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 12 Dec 2016 14:00
Eva:
What Leslie describes above is similar to my experience at school in France. It was a boarding school - girls only. Punishment was in front of the class, so that all present learn from the example.One was required to bend over the desk of the teacher. The skirt was lifted onto one's back and the martinet whipped on the knickers. Where the tip of the lanières strike on bare skin at the side of the knicker, it is like bee stings ! One of the teachers always finished with one on the top of each thigh, left and right. It is not something which one forgets !

Scope for a fine story here, wouldn't you say, Eva?

Robert56
Male Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 15 Dec 2016 18:12
Thought this might be of interest. The martinet is not really an implement at all. According to Webster's New World Dictionary a martinet is (1) a very strict military disciplinarian or (2) any strict disciplinarian or stickler for rigid regulations. The martinet may have gotten it's name after General Jean Martinet 17th-c Fr drillmaster. So it appears that the implement itself is a multi tailed whip named after the person.

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#25 | Posted: 17 Dec 2016 02:37
Still used in the sense Robert cites in the US military, albeit in the more literate strata therein ... at least IME.

Sadly not used there in the "French schoolgirl" sense, IME.

lesliejones
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 19 Dec 2016 18:51
Re Robert56's dictionary definition: Jean Martinet was the pen-name of the listed author of the classic "The Discipline of Odette"--a paperback from the '60s in which the martinet is used as a disciplinary instrument on girls.

Sandysmith9207
Female Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 21 Jul 2019 13:55
I wonder if it is used in French speaking Canada?

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 21 Jul 2019 14:57
Sandysmith9207:
I wonder if it is used in French speaking Canada?

It certainly was when my French gf and I visited Montreal not so long ago....

walmit
Male Member

England
#29 | Posted: 25 Jul 2019 12:33
Mj2001's excellent tale 'My host mother's martinet' made me wish to feel a martinet on my bottom; I can confirm it stings.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 17
laura82, mianders, mobblers, Seymourauto
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9