LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

What's mild? What's severe?

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
chandra
Female Member

India
#31 | Posted: 9 Apr 2017 08:50
To me a severe spanking would mean the entire buttocks being covered by finger prints.Incidentally,why dont you use the word 'Buttocks' in your stories. We i India like the word.........[i][/i]Chandra

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#32 | Posted: 9 Apr 2017 14:34
chandra:
Incidentally,why dont you use the word 'Buttocks' in your stories. We i India like the word........

I think you raised this query in another thread, Chandra? My feeling - and like most things in this whole area, it's of course wholly subjective - is that the word 'buttocks' is hard-edged and totally unerotic, failing to convey the soft yielding roundedness of what it refers to. (Unlike the French equivalent, 'fesses', which does the job beautifully.) So I tend to avoid it.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 10 Apr 2017 07:08
This conversation brings back some memories for me. I was in Public School in Texas in the 1960's and "70"s. I'm sure many of you know the wooden school paddle was very much in use then. Indeed back then it was very difficult for a boy to get through 12 years of school without being paddled at least a few time, and more than a few girls got the benefits of a few sessions with the board of education as well. We all knew, in each grade who paddled the hardest, and whose paddling's amounted to little more than love taps. Now, the most ineffectual of paddling's still hurt and were to be avoided, but, those who didn't give hard licks could be dealt with, with a minimum of fuss for most part. While those who swung the paddle with a vengeance, well, the pain went to a new level for them. The thing was, what was eminently bearable for many of us, was excruciating to some others. So, in real life, not a literary make believe world, what is severe truly is in the mind of the recipient and depends on pain tolerance, mind set and even if you felt the paddling you were receiving was justified. If you can work that into your stories, you have something truly worth reading.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#34 | Posted: 11 Apr 2017 01:44
PhilK:
the word 'buttocks' is hard-edged and totally unerotic

Yep, agreed; it falls in the same category as 'clavicle' and 'pancreas'. Most stories I read on here tend to use 'bottom', which sounds much nicer. But that's just an opinion, which probably varies a lot across cultures.

stevenr:
if you felt the paddling you were receiving was justified

So, out of curiosity, does any kid ever feel that? Paddling at school is totally foreign to me, so I have no feel for the atmosphere in which it takes place. Which is probably why I'd be unable to write a story about it even if I wanted to. Most teachers gave spankings when I was at school too, but it was much less 'official', it mostly had to do with their own short temper and whim of the moment. One thing I know for sure, though, I never had a single classmate or friend who felt it was justified.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 11 Apr 2017 03:06
Burgundy
So, out of curiosity, does any kid ever feel that?

First, you have to remember this was Texas, where schools are still allowed to paddle students. Some districts have disallowed it, but it is still allowed in Texas. Plus, I'm talking about the 1960's and "70's, it really was in full swing in those days. Speaking of my own experience, most of my teachers were pretty clear about what behavior would earn you a few licks and what wouldn't. So when one of my sixth grade teachers told us not to play in the sand pile on the baseball diamond or we'd be paddled, we knew the risk when we went ahead and did it a few days later. She followed through on that promise also. I knew fighting was pretty much an automatic paddling, yet when pushed to it, would still risk it, even in PE where I knew we'd be paddled by the PE teacher, and the principal. I have to admit that it was worth both paddling's to see one of the schools major bullies on the ground bleeding from his nose and lip.

So, in most instances, it was "justified" in that we knew what we were risking, yet did it anyway. I got it a couple of times where it wasn't, and one time was out and out abuse, which got that teacher dismissed.

So you have to remember, different time, different sensibilities, and different social norms.

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#36 | Posted: 11 Apr 2017 03:10
I never got spanked at school. It was either not allowed or at least not practiced in any school I ever attended but I did get a couple at home that I felt were fully justified.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#37 | Posted: 11 Apr 2017 04:06
Spankedjenny:
I did get a couple at home that I felt were fully justified.

Can't relate to getting spanked at home, but I'm definitely sure that every single punishment my mom ever gave me was justified. (Non-spanking ones of various kinds; she was very creative.) Kids are such assholes.

stevenr:
So you have to remember, different time, different sensibilities, and different social norms.

Yeah, I know, but that doesn't make it any nicer France just made spanking entirely illegal (home and school), and it was already illegal at school when I went, but it happened all the time anyway. And the worst was having to watch the really abusive ones - that was special...

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#38 | Posted: 11 Apr 2017 04:44
I had one teacher who was truly abusive, emotional more than physical. It was second grade. When outside in PE, a boy stepped on my hand, a very large boy, in second grade he already weighted over 100 lbs.. He broke my hand, just as we were learning cursive writing. She wouldn't allow me to go to the office to call my parents. Mom saw the swelled up hand when she picked me up after school a few hours later and took me straight to the Dr.'s office where it was xrayed and discovered to be broken. The next day I showed up with my right hand in a cast, and tried to write with it, to this day, I cannot hold a pen or pencil correctly. A few days later she paddled me for not trying hard enough in penmanship. I still say she did it in retaliation for my Dad complaining about her. She's the one teacher I had who was unpredictable.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#39 | Posted: 11 Apr 2017 04:58
stevenr:
She wouldn't allow me to go to the office to call my parents.

Well... if your objective was to make me feel enraged and then make me cry, mission accomplished. I hope she rots in hell.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#40 | Posted: 11 Apr 2017 05:43
Well... if your objective was to make me feel enraged and then make me cry, mission accomplished. I hope she rots in hell.

That was not my intention. We all meet bad people, sometimes even as children. I know some people who had her and think she was a saint, others felt she was a sadistic bitch, I've not spoken with anyone who was in between, they all seem to have extreme opinions of her..Even my parents who always backed the teacher couldn't stand her.

I have good memories of nearly all of my teachers and principals, even the ones who paddled me. I knew they genuinely cared for me and for my welfare Even if I had trouble sitting in their classes from time to time. Out of all the teachers I had, I can only name three, maybe four who I felt had no business in the classroom, many of my teachers were absolute angels in the classroom.

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 7
canth256, Golterenn, Hotscot, knicks604, pwb1812, rudabega
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9