LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

What's the hardest part to write?

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
drkeate
Male Author

England
#31 | Posted: 15 Nov 2016 13:17
For sure, the spanking itself is the most difficult part to write. Even though I try to imagine every scene afresh, when I go back to my stories after a while I find it's still the same old phrases and clichés. Not that I necessarily mind that in other people's stories, so long, as I say, that I get the sense that this description has excited them and that they have imagined it fresh.
After that, the most difficult part is the wrap up. Often I'm left feeling when I've finished a story that I've fallen off the edge, and I wanted to know what she felt when she got home, how her punishment played out in her head over the next day or two. So I try to give the reader a sense of a real ending, or alternatively open ended suggestions. The story that I found most difficult to end was Comeuppance, where I felt I'd closed it but some readers wanted his mother in law spanked as well, and I realised I agreed with them. But that posed a huge problem, because while I always relish mother in law spanking stories I've never read a convincing one. I spent a long time trying to get that right.
In Sit Down Strike after spending a long time developing the girls' personalities I ended the story almost immediately after their caning. I'm still unsure about that, but I feel that the punishment was like a large chopper coming down, and in some ways that was the point of the story.
The next most difficult is scene setting. Not the buildup: I love writing that, it's my favourite part. I mean giving details of a future society, or descriptions of a school building. I just want to cut to the chase ie the buildup. I guess I'm not really a writer! I always admire the tenacity of people who really develop a scene like that. And yes, descriptions of faces, bodies and bottoms: I wish!

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#32 | Posted: 17 Nov 2016 05:09
For me, the hardest part to write varies by story. It depends what the inspiration for the story was, and then give that, what do I need to do to set it up or follow through, or whatever is needed to take it from a fragment to a whole story. Wrapping up can be hard in many cases, and by then I'm feeling lazy/impatient because I wrote all the good stuff already.

I think in general it is the set up that gets me most of the time. Making a semi-realistic justification for the spanking and setting up the spankee's state of mind etc.

I'm lazy about description of the way people look, primarily because I don't care about that when I read a story. So, for the vast majority of my characters, you can imagine them looking however you like. But if you want to read about what the characters are wearing, or a description of a luscious backside, you probably want to look elsewhere

cindy2
Female Author

USA
#33 | Posted: 17 Nov 2016 12:42
I'd like to follow up on an earlier post by The English Master, one of my favorite authors in which he discussed writing about appearances. I've viewed more than a few spanking clips on spankingtube.com and the video I find most compelling is one which, during just about its entirety, focuses on a woman's face as she is subjected to a spanking. If I recall and I may be mistaken the name of the video is "Faces-Jackie." The video is breathtaking in my view and apparently others hold a similar view given the rating it received.

I have tried to reduce to writing in a story on only a few occasions the expression on a spankee's face as the strap descends and bites into her flesh and have found my effort to be terribly lacking compared to the raw emotional appeal of that video. To compensate for this I have intoduced in a few of my stories an observer who is present when the strapping is administered and this observer looks into the eyes, into the face of a spankee as the strap descended to allow the reader to form a mental image of the angst painted on that beautiful face. I'm sure my stories' raw emotional appeal would improve if I could describe that face properly in words.

As other have pointed out the description of the punishment itself can be tricky. I have found certain turns of phrases successful in the past but I dislike using them again and again.

I've discovered that ideas come to me when I'm making no effort to think about them and typically early in the morning. The quickist route to an idea that later turns out to be weak for me at least is to make a conscious effort to develop an idea.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#34 | Posted: 17 Nov 2016 17:16
drkeate:
so long, as I say, that I get the sense that this description has excited them and that they have imagined it fresh.

cindy2:
As other have pointed out the description of the punishment itself can be tricky. I have found certain turns of phrases successful in the past but I dislike using them again and again.

I think Dr K's point is important, as much for the writer's pleasure as the reader's! And I believe it addresses Cindy2's dilemma too.

After some 150+ attempts at describing things hitting bottoms, with the same, limited range of vocabulary available (I've exhausted the online Thesaurus of synonyms for thrash, stripe, screech, buttock, gyration, etc), I do still imagine each spanking carefully and afresh, and take time over trying to describe it true to the way I see it. Forget all the ones before. Only now counts.

cindy2:
"Faces-Jackie." The video is breathtaking in my view

http://www.spankingtube.com/video/85/series-faces-jackie

I agree, especially at the very start. Part of the beauty is the way she seems at first to be trying to hide how it hurts, to keep a 'straight face', while certain facial gestures give her away. Very moving and very erotic.

This makes me wonder if perhaps we spanking writers could perfect our art further by studying such wonderful video moments (rare though they are) very carefully, practise trying to describe exactly what we see, and then seeing if and how that could be used in a story. I've never done that, though I'm sure I've been influenced by some of the images, moving or still, I've ogled over the years.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#35 | Posted: 17 Nov 2016 20:37
I'm with RosieRad on physical descriptions -- I don't much care, don't look for them in stories, don't write them very much.

When I write I very much prefer to write exclusively from the spankee's perspective (I only have one story that is from the spanker's p.o.v.), which precludes descriptions of beautiful bottoms. The spankee isn't lying there anxiously staring at the floor and thinking about how luscious their butt looks...

Outright descriptions of nice butts are for the spanker to give, not the spankee, so any clues towards that in a story from the spankee's p.o.v. would come from the dialogue only, or other indirect hints, not outright description.

Mdare
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#36 | Posted: 18 Nov 2016 08:56
I agree with the chorus of voices here who find the spankings the hardest to write. The elements around the spanking are what make each story unique, but you can't skimp on the spanking scene either, or I think the reader will feel short-changed.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 18 Nov 2016 18:11
Here's an already-posted (in a different thread) link to a video showing the facial reactions and upper-body movements of spanking actress Lily as she's being spanked bare-bottom with a hairbrush by her supposed 'big sister,' Kailee:

http://spankinggif.tumblr.com/post/57081242851/view-of-lilys-face-as-kailee-spanks-he r

Kailee's remark that "I don't think you'd be crying if you didn't do something," that struck me as a rather dubious assertion. Couldn't Lily be sobbing loudly over being paddled so soundly even though she was innocent of any immediate wrongdoing (at least that she was aware of)?

Here's the *counterpoint* (also already posted) video link, showing Kailee's facial expression (plus Lily's sweetly-reddening bumcheeks and plenty of effective steady smacking with the VCS bath brush) as she spanks her 'little sister'--since she's purportedly walloping the young lady's derriere merely at their mother's direction, Kailee's facial features predictably show simply an "efficiently doing my job" look:

http://spankinggif.tumblr.com/post/57081287557/view-of-lilys-butt-as-kailee-spanks-he r

My ideal preference in the reading (and writing) of spanking-oriented literature is a shared focus on the emotions of both spanker and spankee; since in my case the female disciplinarian is the character I tend to be attracted to, I'm interested in her feelings (and the facial expression reflecting them) as well as those of her punishment recipient, whom I generally identify with personally.

That requires one of the following points of view--third person (omniscient), first person by a witness to the spanking (although he/she would only be deducing the exact emotions of the direct participants via observing their reactions) or shifting first person to narrate the feelings of both spanker and spankee, plus possibly even the 'visuals' of a watcher who could view both participants' faces.

The physical responses of the person being spanked--squirming, squealing, kicking, crying, howling, perhaps finally just moaning in surrender with little movement--are important to me also, thus I do prefer a fairly detailed description of the chastising process itself.

As for physical descriptions of the characters (sometimes including their clothing), as a reader I don't generally find them necessary (although I do appreciate them), but as a writer such a personal description does often help 'ground' me to that individual, making it easier to relate to him/her. (Yes, I also have an unrealistic tendency to make those fictional persons, whether youthful or middle-aged, considerably above average in terms of overall attractiveness.)

However, I do usually attempt to include character descriptions within the natural flow of a story, which is how I prefer to read them as well...

--C.K.

cindy2
Female Author

USA
#38 | Posted: 18 Nov 2016 22:37
I was particularly taken with the first clip that CrimsonKid posted. The girl is holding on to the chair leg for dear life, doing everything she can to work through the hairbrushing that is causing pain to explode in her bare bottom. She is not trying to prevent the punishment, not squealing which I find (my own opinion) detracts from an otherwise good video. Instead, she is doing what she can to cooperate. And then at a certain point--before the end--it almost seemed as if the pain that was inflicted released pain--an emotional pain--that was deep within her and she found some peace. Which leads me to ponder if that is why some of us (myself included) need this kind of pain as much as we do.

Here's another video clip somewhat similar to series-faces-jackie.

http://spankinggif.tumblr.com/post/57082362231/fuckyeahspanking

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#39 | Posted: 20 Nov 2016 02:56
Dear Cindy I cannot concur with opinion Lilly is not trying to cooperate She did not find any peace. Awash in tears, I see no peace.. I have never understood the need for pain. I will try to understand your needs and desires. My wishes were to spank pretty girls and make them cry against their wishes.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#40 | Posted: 20 Nov 2016 04:02
yankee:
Dear Cindy I cannot concur with opinion Lilly is not trying to cooperate She did not find any peace. Awash in tears, I see no peace.. I have never understood the need for pain. I will try to understand your needs and desires. My wishes were to spank pretty girls and make them cry against their wishes.

Ummmm well, Lily acts surprised and understandably upset that her 'big sister' Kailee intends to spank her simply on the instructions of their mother, yet she (admittedly somewhat reluctantly) rises out of the chair (so her soon-to-be-spanker can sit down on it), lowers her jeans (she's 'commando' underneath them), bends over Kailee's lap and stays in position for a very sound bare-bottom paddling with the bath brush.

So exactly how is all of this "not trying to cooperate," hmmmm?

Since she presumably believes that she's being unjustly disciplined, Lily may indeed be feeling "no peace" at the moment (although her high degree of cooperation and quite mild protestations of innocence suggest to me that she may have an inkling of the reason for her punishment), but she nonetheless is hardly uncooperative in undergoing her maternally-assigned corporal correction from Kailee.

If you're purely a *toppish* type, you may not understand "the need for pain" by the females you wish to "make...cry against their wishes" (which I'm assuming means 'roleplay' scenario wishes), yet without those "needs and desires" of theirs, your chances of gratifying your own "needs and desires" would be much less, wouldn't they?

You can benefit from and thereby appreciate those feelings in others (submissive young ladies in your case) without necessarily experiencing them yourself, I'm figuring...

--C.K.

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 4
Bedhand, brenden937, cbogle, spanker30, steve77, Tiredny, tocciek, Tom360
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9