library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

What are your essential requirements for a good story?

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
Alef
Male Author

Norway
#31 | Posted: 20 Oct 2016 20:07
Not even in my stories people get away with only six swats

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#32 | Posted: 20 Oct 2016 20:12
Okay, KD, you totally win. Your neighbour?? That's all too kinky even for me. Cool to know something like that is actually taking place somewhere out there, though!

About 50 shades - which I take enormous pride in not having read, although I have been forced against my will to read so many exerpts that I may as well as read the whole thing (I plan to hire an exorcist for this ailment at some point) - is it just me, or is it completely obvious to everyone here that the author has never actually done any of the things she writes about? I don't think authors have to necessarily have done everything they write about, of course - I certainly haven't - but do some research to make it believable, and not laughable, you know?

Hi Alef - bara om de fick eller gav stryk...

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#33 | Posted: 20 Oct 2016 20:21
Yeah, six swats is barely foreplay.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#34 | Posted: 20 Oct 2016 21:30
Burgundy:
Okay, KD, you totally win. Your neighbour?? That's all too kinky even for me. Cool to know something like that is actually taking place somewhere out there, though!

About 50 shades - which I take enormous pride in not having read, although I have been forced against my will to read so many exerpts that I may as well as read the whole thing (I plan to hire an exorcist for this ailment at some point) - is it just me, or is it completely obvious to everyone here that the author has never actually done any of the things she writes about? I don't think authors have to necessarily have done everything they write about, of course - I certainly haven't - but do some research to make it believable, and not laughable, you know?

As for how Rosa and I actually live? You'd think I was making it up.

As for experience or research.....versus............nothing?

I can only imagine if Herman Melville had not known anything about actual whaling when he wrote "Moby Dick" ........................just picture it........Queequeg up in the rigging armed with his trusty slingshot, they pull up alongside the whale where he expertly beans it in the noggin so it floats unconscious as the rest of the crew hauls it aboard for processing in a meat grinder. The spray in your face, the creaking of the timbers................. Nah.....just not the same.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 20 Oct 2016 23:11
Erdling85:
kdpierre:
How about if the kids spank the parents?

Hm, would at least something else. If it were well written. I'd read it. ;)

What I still like are credible dialogues. Those without stereotypes get along. Dialogues such as "you were a naughty boy / girl, it's time for your lesson". I do not like them.

Well, I don't like that type of 'toddler talk' except maybe briefly (once or at most twice by any particular person in a given situation) in order to enhance the spankee's feelings of embarrassment and humility.

However, within F/M literature I do greatly enjoy a grownup male spanking recipient being dealt with verbally as though he's a twelve-year-old boy who has seriously annoyed a feminine authority figure (mother, aunt, teacher, headmistress, etc.), and thus is going to be dealt with accordingly via quite sound corporal correction--although I'd expect it to be an adult-level disciplinary session in terms of length and intensity.

(I'm not referring to formal ageplay and/or roleplay though, just the female spanker[s] creating a generally maternal feeling to the male's punishment.)

KD may be too modest to note that "younger-spanks-older" stories (F/F & F/M) are arguably somewhat of a specialty of his, although I don't know if he's written any actual child/parent material--"Proxy" does feature a once-in-a-while stepdaughter/stepfather spanking relationship which the young lady's mother (usually the man's disciplinarian) is quite agreeable to when it occurs.

Others which I can recall offhand would be "An Age Thing" (in which the maturity difference between the youthful females dishing out the paddlings and the middle-aged woman receiving them is a key story element), "Deep Pockets," "The Delta Tau Solution" and (via a spanking machine) "Milgram 2016."

These are very well-written, I'd venture, but as he's mentioned himself in this thread, his spankers are hard-whacking chastisers and his spankees thereby possess highly resilient rear ends...

--C.K.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#36 | Posted: 20 Oct 2016 23:26
CrimsonKidCK
You, sir, are too kind.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#37 | Posted: 21 Oct 2016 01:56
That re-writing of Moby Dick made me laugh out loud
Still better than 50 shades, tho.

On that note, I refer you to:

http://www.fiftyshadesgenerator.com/

http://www.xwray.com/fiftyshades/

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#38 | Posted: 21 Oct 2016 02:15
Burgundy:
On that note, I refer you to:

http://www.mattmansfigures.homestead.com/cartnewspk.html

Some things are too funny on their own to not just use them for a laugh just as they are.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#39 | Posted: 21 Oct 2016 17:02
In a spanking story I'd like:
- at least one character the reader can either empathise with, or eagerly await their downfall
- a credible setting with a reasonable amount of detail to help visualise the surroundings
- a touch of something memorable - maybe a story twist I didn't see coming, or some clever dialogue, or some elegant writing, or a really funny scene.

The actual mechanics of whether the story's F/m, M/f or whatever, which implements are featured and how many swats are given are secondary although I'd probably never give hundreds of whacks of anything because it would take the story into realms of cruelty as opposed to discipline, or would make the story lose its credibility. Having said that I have stood and watched a domme give a guy over 200 real strokes of the cane, but the guy was an absolute pain slut and could take it easily and it wouldn't have made for a very interesting or credible story as it's way out of most people's experience, whether realised or desired.

tyrport
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#40 | Posted: 21 Oct 2016 22:10
Great topic. Unfortunately it signals what is so difficult in erotica. Everyone has VERY SPECIFIC fantasies and turn offs. Sometimes I can only get two or three paragraphs into a story before rejecting it. Realism in any sense is difficult because spanking fantasy is non consensual, where in reality there are more people at a party looking to get spanked, than spankers. As for the Jennifer Lawrence descriptions... my experience is that spankos tend to be fifty to a hundred and fifty pounds overweight. I always imagine myself much younger and thinner than I am.
To end there is George Carlin's quote; Sex is like driving, anyone going faster than you is dangerous, while anyone going slower is an idiot.

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 16
kanestrokes, kenjperr, naughtyboylaw25, PGreenham, TheEnglishMaster, Timdod99, Tiredny, Toewser
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9