The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Question...

Page  Page 1 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
Roni
Female Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 03:05
I know, I know,...I'm new here...
and no one likes a new person coming in and complaining.
It's not a complaint though...More of a question really.
How come author's can't chat back with commentators on their stories?
That was my favorite part of SC - that banter...
it really let you become friends with people & connect.
I'm looking for a site that has that fun banter with each other & am having a hard time finding one.
Anyway was just wondering why...
doesn't seem like it would hurt anything & would actually make it a more lively place.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 03:23
Some authors here aren't active members, so of course there is no interaction. Some of the rest of us will respond to each ad every comment (95% of the time getting no further reply from a reader). So much depends on the particular author and the particular reader/commenter.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 03:25
Authors can and do chat back with those who comment on their stories all the time but they do so using the popup messaging system on the site. If you're primarily interested in chat and banter rather than the actual stories then you'd probably feel more at home on the Bottom Lines spanking community website, which is where the library site originated from.

Roni
Female Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 03:33
Thanks, NJRick

Yeah, Februs, I tried that site...don't think it's going to be a site I am interested in.
Do you know of any others?

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#5 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 07:12
I have made many wonderful friends through LSF and all have begun by commenting on their stories or by someone commenting on one of mine through the pop-up system. I am one of the many authors here who replies to comments on my stories and if the commenter replies back I do too and from there a friendly banter can begin.

Sorry to hear that you are not enjoying Bl at the moment. My advice is to give it time. Once you start interacting on various forums you will start making new friends and we are a pretty friendly bunch when you get to know us.

And if you want your hind leg nattered off, comment on one of my stories haha (my author name is Nyree Grace). Although I haven't written anything in ages I am now working on a new serial collaboratively with my new friend Malcatraz which started from a Clipboard role-play in BL (English Literature one). It is about a University lecturer and an almost 21 yr old student and so far we have been having a blast writing it. It has seriously helped me get past my writers' block! BooBoo's clipboard (in BL) is a wonderful way to make new friends! Send her a pop up if you need help getting started.. she is known as the helpful one.

Sorry to hear that you have lost your favourite site, Roni, but I hope, in time, that you have fun in both LSF and BL, and I can honestly attest they are both fantastic sites, where like minded people can interact in a positive and friendly way. OOh that reminds me... I must put you in the BL punishment book for complaining hehe!!

Roni
Female Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 14:36
Thanks Jools! Ahhhh a kindered rule breaker!
I will def check out your stories. :D

& no thank you to the BL.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 15:11
I too try to respond to every comment I get with a pertinent reply. But like njrick, I rarely if ever get a pop-up reply to my pop-up. So the conversation sort of ends right there.

Go read one of my stories and comment and I guarantee you interaction equivalent to the level of discourse desired.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#8 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 19:40
Same and same and same. I always reply to the comments and if there's a comment on my comment, I comment the comment on my comment and so on. Alas, not much interaction that way.

I second jools. It's worthwhile to insist.

Roni
Female Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 26 Sep 2016 06:43
kdpierre, interaction equivalent to the level of discourse desired ??? that's a pretty BIG promise...but I like your use of words...nice display of intelligence...hope your stories can compare.

Hahahahahahaha KJM...you are so funny!

Course you just want girls to break the rules so you can spank them...we are sooooo on to you.
Nice try though.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 26 Sep 2016 15:14
Roni, I too was a great SC fan and miss it greatly. It was there, and on a site called Spankspot which I think may have had some connection with it, where most of my stories got first published.
I like the message board format very much, but they seem to be in decline for some reason. Another favorite now gone was World Spanking Forum. Not so many stories, but some great discussions, even if sometimes they got a bit overheated.

Page  Page 1 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 9
Capstan, Ellman, highlander1969, jwoul, Onion4eva, thepreacherswife, tomd, yankee
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9