library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Cate Blanchett to get on-screen spanking?

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 4 Sep 2015 20:08
Seegee:
I never really liked her slapstick Lucy persona, I'm not much into slapstick in general, but I did find her quite attractive when she was younger and played more femme fatale roles. Maybe it's because she's a redhead. She wasn't anything like her ditzy on screen persona in real life, she was a very shrewd businesswoman and possibly made more out of producing than she did out of acting. She ran Desilu Studios herself following her divorce from Desi, and among other shows that studio made they were responsible for Star Trek. Incidentally on the spanking side of things she also starred in a film called The Fuller Brush Girl, but I don't think any of the products were used for spanking in the show.

I find that a lot of people feel that way. You either liked her "Lucy" persona or you don't. There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground. Nevertheless, that's what made her career. She had done many roles in movies before that (incidentally, she was initially a blonde) and was known and respected but didn't really stand out from the pack as such and, was known in some circles as "Queen of the B's". Of course she was one of the contenders for Scarlett O'Hara, as was virtually every other prominent actress in Hollywood at the time, so she wasn't exactly in exclusive company. Originally, when offered the show, she was to be paired with another actor to play her husband and she insisted on her then-husband, Desi Arnaz to play Ricky Ricardo, largely to try and save her marriage with Arnaz, which was deteriorating even then. It was a fortuitous choice, as the show virtually changed TV, especially sitcoms. Desi basically invented the multi-camera format and the show pioneered shooting in front of a live audience. Together, they became icons, and shrewdly negotiated with CBS to take a pay cut in their salaries in return for keeping the rights to the show. That proved, of course, to be extremely profitable later. There are still re-runs of "I Love Lucy" playing somewhere around the world every day. They were very much a power couple and likely, Lucy wouldn't have tolerated Desi spanking her in real life as she had a bit of a reputation as an "Iron Lady" type. There's little doubt that Desi was the real love of her life, even though they divorced because of his infidelity (he was very much an "old world" man culturally and felt entitled to have mistresses and go to brothels) but he maintained that she was the one he would always come home to. She disagreed apparently. She was a "one of a kind" powerhouse in her day and eventually greatly overshadowed her husband but I always felt that Desi didn't get enough credit for his contributions to Desilu's successes or his TV innovations.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 4 Sep 2015 21:06
mobile_carrot:
Did you not see the clip from Lord Of The Rings where Cate Blanchett as Galadriel the Elf-woman gets spanked by the hobbits for tempting them with the Ring? No? Must be in the director's cut then!

Based on the way that Galadriel, the queen of the elves in Lothlorien, was portrayed in both trilogies (novel and motion picture), I'd consider it much more likely that she spanked the Hobbits (especially Frodo and Samwise) than that she was chastised by them.

She was described as wearing one of the original 'rings of power,' yet that ring didn't seem to have any reaction to the supposedly "ruling" one in Frodo's possession--I found that rather strange.

Then again, Darth Vader stood right in front of his own daughter at the beginning of "Star Wars" (now "Episode IV: A New Hope"), but still his Jedi/Sith senses were apparently quite unresponsive to her presence.

That was unfortunate, since he presumably recommended her execution rather than simply spanking the princess for lying to her father: "Do you know how a lightpaddle works, my dear? It's surface is hard and flat rather than sharply cutting, here let me show you..." --C.K.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 5 Sep 2015 04:48
The master ring had never touched any of the:
"Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky"
for they had been hidden away from its Master's sight. To quote:
"On the creation of the One Ring, the Smiths of Eregion heard in their minds Sauron's voice reciting the two-verse spell; then they realized Sauron's plans and removed the Rings from their fingers"

Nor did he win the loyalty of the Seven, as none of the dwarf lords would submit to him. Four dwarf rings were destroyed by dragons, the other three claimed by Sauron, but no dwarf would wear one for him. Gandalf was searching for the last one in dwarf hands when he encountered an imprisoned dwarf king and came away with the map of the Lonely Mountain - which kick started Bilblo's quest. The slaying of Smaug made a huge difference in the ending of the Third Age - because Sauron planned to drive Smaug...

Sorry about that.

Spanking in Middle Earth? They would have been as common in the Shire as in English villages circa 1900. Mostly for the younger hobbits, and delivered by any authority figure who decided to give one.

And yes, I can picture Galadriel spanking the Hobbits.
And I can picture Tom Bombadil spanking Goldberry, either when she is naughty (she does enjoy being mischievous) or for fun, based on the age difference.

Hmm, that has me thinking. Tom Bombadil predates the elves - which means he's old enough to spank Galadriel if he wanted to... As for relative power levels between the two, when he slipped on The Ring it had no effect on him, so if the one the elves called "oldest and fatherless" ever thought Galadriel needed a spanking then she would get one.
And I can also see Goldberry spanking the Hobbits, just for fun.

While there is no spanking in it, people might enjoy this link to a Harvard Lampoon classic http://solargeneral.org/wp-content/uploads/library/bored-of-the-rings-henry-n-beard-d ouglas-c-kenney.pdf
and might recognise the name of a character in that book.

As for spanking hobbits, if you're into that you might check out my S&S Story - which uses the generic term Halfling in place of Hobbit.

Will we see that actress spanked in that movie? We might. That's more likely than seeing a redo of The Lucy Show - Season 4, Episode 23, where Lucy spanked the actor who used to play Dennis The Menace. I can see a modern movie showing how they played spanking Lucy for laughs, then when the filming stops having Lucy make a comment on it.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 5 Sep 2015 06:47
I actually have a Debbie Downunder story that features Cate being spanked by Glenn Close when they worked on the film Paradise Road, which was one of her early films.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 5 Sep 2015 08:06
Seegee:
I actually have a Debbie Downunder story that features Cate being spanked by Glenn Close when they worked on the film Paradise Road, which was one of her early films.

Glenn always seemed pretty toppish to me and I think a lot of her film and TV roles reflect that, to a degree. I think Cate could switch fairly easily, although she seems more likely to be a domme rather than a bottom. Both of them usually play "strong women" characters...

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 6 Sep 2015 01:08
Paradise Road was about civilian women made prisoners of war by the Japanese during WW II. Cate is an Australian nurse and at one point she's tortured for making derogatory comments about the Japanese flag. The premise of the article was that Glenn spanked her to help her look tormented during the torture scene, something like how Dustin Hoffman stayed awake for 72 hours straight during the Marathon Man to give his face that tortured harrowed look. When his co-star Olivier heard about it, he told him that's what they had make up artists for.

Caesar
Male Member

England
#17 | Posted: 6 Sep 2015 16:26
Robert56

You are correct sir. She was a 'Goldwyn Girl'; the troupe of dancers you'd see in old MGM musicals; I have some clips of her in the film 'Roman Scandals' as a naked dancing girl with only her hair covering her... modesty... the film starred the great Eddie Cantor (of 'If You Knew Susie' and 'Makin' Whoopee' fame) and featured Ruth Etting (the famous torch singer).
Then she went on to star in quite a few Films Noir before becoming a comedy actress.

As for Cate Blanchett being spanked in it, well, it wouldn't be a good biopic of Lucille Ball without at least one (she is sort of iconic in general for it, even outside the USA).

And talking of Cate Blanchett and spanking; that character she played, Irina Spanko (or whatever), from the Soviet Social Republic of Fakeaccentistan in that mediocre Indiana Jones picture was asking for it the whole time...

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 6 Sep 2015 18:38
Seegee:
Paradise Road was about civilian women made prisoners of war by the Japanese during WW II. Cate is an Australian nurse and at one point she's tortured for making derogatory comments about the Japanese flag. The premise of the article was that Glenn spanked her to help her look tormented during the torture scene, something like how Dustin Hoffman stayed awake for 72 hours straight during the Marathon Man to give his face that tortured harrowed look. When his co-star Olivier heard about it, he told him that's what they had make up artists for.

I know. I saw the movie some time ago and liked it. Still, my point is that both Blanchett and Close have made careers out of playing the kind of characters that would be unlikely to have been spanked. Pity, though; I wouldn't mind seeing either of them getting it in the old-fashioned way...

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 6 Sep 2015 19:36
Caesar:
You are correct sir. She was a 'Goldwyn Girl'; the troupe of dancers you'd see in old MGM musicals; I have some clips of her in the film 'Roman Scandals' as a naked dancing girl with only her hair covering her... modesty... the film starred the great Eddie Cantor (of 'If You Knew Susie' and 'Makin' Whoopee' fame) and featured Ruth Etting (the famous torch singer).
Then she went on to star in quite a few Films Noir before becoming a comedy actress.

Ah yes, the "pre-Code" era. The infamous "Hays Code" didn't come about until 1930 (Will Hays was a former Postmaster General of the US) when there was increasing public (mostly from the Catholic Church) complaint of licentiousness, nudity and immorality in Hollywood movies at the time (as always, history repeats itself) and a group of influential Catholic laymen and clergy came up with what would become known as the "Production Code". There were also film censorship boards in all the states and they all had different standards, so the Code was an attempt to impose uniform standards on the industry but the standards were flexible among the different studios and it wasn't until 1934 when there was a threat of an official Catholic boycott of all Hollywood's products and the industry (the major studios) agreed to let the Production Code be imposed on virtually all movies in the US so as to forestall possible Federal government intervention. Hay's reputation helped facilitate this (he was an ex-chairman of the Republican Party and a deacon in the Presbyterian Church) and a strict regime of "self-censorship" by the studios became the norm for the next three decades. Rhett Butler's line "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!" to Scarlett O'Hara was quite scandalous at the time and it wasn't until almost twenty years later when the word "virgin" was uttered on film in "The Moon Is Blue" (1953). The word "pregnant" wasn't allowed either. Lucy wasn't referred to as pregnant on "I Love Lucy" even when she was visibly pregnant with "Little Ricky" in the early '50's (TV was subject to the same code by then). Prior to the Code there were many movies made with "bad language", bad behavior, adultery and even nudity. There were quite a few "adult" movies even in the silent era by such luminaries as D.W. Griffith, Cecil B. DeMille, Erich von Stroheim, etc. Griffith's film "Intolerance" (1916) even had a orgy scene with copious nudity in it. Many famous actresses like Theda Bara, Jean Harlow (and maybe even Lucille Ball) appeared nude or partially nude in the silent era and into the early "talkies". Mae West's famous line from "She Done Him Wrong", "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" in 1933 was part of the last hurrah before the imposition of the Production Code forbade, among other things, such "suggestive" language. Even though many movie fans, including myself, consider the '30's through the '50's to be the "Golden Age" in Hollywood, it's a matter of speculation whether it would have been more "Golden" without the prudishness of the Code. It could be argued that the Code forced the studios to be more imaginative in their narratives and the writers to be more imaginative in their writing, especially dialogue. Or not. Personally, I say "good riddance"...

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 6 Sep 2015 22:35
On Gable's now infamous line, apparently part of how they got it past the censors was to have him stress the word MY rather than the more scandalous damn. My Fair Lady caused quite a stir at the time because Audrey Hepburn's Eliza Doolittle uttered the word 'arse' on screen.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 18
Dagnir, gingerpubes
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9