The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

A Trip Down Memmory Lane

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 21 Jul 2013 22:22
I've heard oral being referred to as French - but not for a very long time. Back in the day, nice girls didn't do oral. Or anal. You to find an adventurous girl for those to happen.

Goodgulf

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 22 Jul 2013 07:47
Anal is "Greek"...

bendover
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 22 Jul 2013 19:16
FiBlue:
Well, what is the "American vice?"

Poking fun of other vices.

annamarie376
Female Member

USA
#14 | Posted: 23 Jul 2013 01:10
bendover:
FiBlue:

Poking fun of other vices.

While indulging in them all!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 24 Jul 2013 01:38
annamarie376:
While indulging in them all!

Indulge away, I say.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 24 Jul 2013 14:52
On of the reason for "Greek" was all the old Greek legends. In ancient Greece, well you need a wife for the kids but many people were openly involved in same sex relationships.

Of course this horrified the Victorians. They saw the Greeks as the founders of many modern ideas and the idea of openly being involved in anything sexual... Up until 1861 you could be executed for having a same sex relationship. Between 1861 and 1885 people were being charged with "with conspiring and inciting persons to commit an unnatural offence" for wearing woman's clothing and in 1885 homosexuality was once more officially illegal - but not lesbianism because Queen Victoria crossed out that section of the law before she signed it (saying something along the lines as 'no woman would ever do such a thing so there didn't have to be a law against it').

So sex was bad and homosexuality was worse and there were all these stories of the ancient Greeks having a gay old time. Sappho was recast as a school mistress, the head of a nice, safe girls' academy or a private school for girls, but the male homosexuals... nope, the Victorians couldn't get their heads around how those filthy perverts had produced so much art, literature, and were seen as the intellectual founders of the classic world.

And talking about those ancient Greeks was one of the few acceptable ways to talk same sex relationships. Add in the fact that most of the Greeks who the English saw were Greek sailors (What happens at Sea stays at sea) and "greek" became code either for anal or male same sex relationships.

Luckily the Victorians didn't have anything spanking. In fact if you were a good moral person you saw nothing wrong with it. It was better than hanging, wasn't it? And of course ever boy's school either caned or birched - to the point where liking spanking was nicknamed the English Vice.

Goodgulf

rollin
Male Member

USA
#17 | Posted: 24 Jul 2013 15:43
Don't forget the notorious Victorian birching brothels, the Englishwoman's Domestic Magazine, the Berkely horse, Algernon Swineburn, ladies' whipping clubs,...

A great time to be a spanko in Jolly Old

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 24 Jul 2013 20:18
Winston Churchill, in his capacity as First Sea Lord, was once asked about the "traditions of the Royal Navy" and he replied "Rum, sodomy and the lash!" (remember, of course, that Churchill served in the Army).

Q: How do they seperate the men from the boys in the Greek Navy?
A: With a crowbar...

Stavros and Nikos are drowning their sorrows in a bar in Athens.
Stavros: "I'm thinking of divorcing my wife"
Nikos: "Divorce? Why? I thought you and your wife were getting along fine."
Stavros: "I'm getting tired of plowing the same field every night. Do you know what I mean?"
Nikos: "Well, why don't you roll her over and try it the other way?"
Stavros: "And wind up with a bunch of kids? Are you crazy?"

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#19 | Posted: 25 Jul 2013 02:18
FiBlue:

I thought it was eating buffalo wings while ogling 36F Hooters...

I have an American friend who spent several months in Brazil and sitting with me at a street coffee shop appreciating the girls in summer dresses and shorts passing by, told me, "It's strange. A few months ago I would ogle girls coming in our direction, while you would be doing the same but after they passed us. But now, I'm a man of both worlds. I look at them coming and then I turn my head and look at them going away."

Dweebdotcom
Male Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 25 Jul 2013 02:20
Ma'am Magazine get's all the credit for making me feel like I wasn't the only one who felt this way about spanking. All of the Nu-west/Leda productions were a big influence on me. R.I.P. Ed Lee.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 9
laststraw, Maxzj88, Ormansanches, saxes626, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9