LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

A Trip Down Memmory Lane

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Robert56
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 18 Jul 2013 01:31
You probably already know this but if not you can go to Google and type in scanned images from spanking magazines and several sites will come up where people have sent in scanned images from spanking magazines. There are several British spanking magazines that I'm sure most will recognize. Februs, Roue, Janus to name a few. it's kind of interesting to go back and look at some of this stuff. I plugged in a search for American spanking magazines and saw several scans from magazines I remember seeing on the shelves at adult stores back in the day. keep in mind that all of these magazines are way back long before there was any internet. I have to say, you Brits have us Yanks beet 100 to 1. In my humble opinion, our spanking material was just awful, I mean God awful! Anyway, If anyone is interested and has some extra time to kill this might be kind of a fun way to do it.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 18 Jul 2013 08:29
I guess there's a reason it's referred to as "the British vice" by many others, especially in Europe (I believe the "French vice" is oral sex). Personally, I don't think either is much of a vice, more of a virtue, especially the French one. Now if we could just get the French to bathe more often...

mercury5
Male Member

England
#3 | Posted: 19 Jul 2013 20:22
to Robert 56.
while in the main I agree, the Brits are better as regards mags. but many years ago I found my first reference to spanking in a mag. it was a thing called Mr mag, with letters about the scene and always one article. while realising that a lot was pure fiction I also found the fact that I was not the only human on the planet interested in the subject very up lifting .so a big thank you to Mr magf

ordalie
Female Member

France
#4 | Posted: 20 Jul 2013 04:08
Bogiephil1:
I believe the "French vice" is oral sex

Never heard or read that before!

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 20 Jul 2013 04:49
Well, what is the "American vice?"

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 20 Jul 2013 05:21
FiBlue:

Some might say our use of the English language.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 20 Jul 2013 05:32
Or abuse of it.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 20 Jul 2013 07:03
ordalie:
Bogiephil1: I believe the "French vice" is oral sex
Never heard or read that before!

In certain newspaper "personal ads" soliciting sexual activity, "English lessons" meant spanking or discipline and "French lessons" involved oral sex, presumably blowjobs, since the majority of the practitioners were female. Also, on the "menu" at whorehouses of all levels, "French" was used to refer to a blowjob.

The English/British also used to refer to condoms as "French letters" whereas the French referred to them as "English letters"

Dweebdotcom
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 21 Jul 2013 09:56
FiBlue:

Baseball and Apple pie

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 21 Jul 2013 13:46
Dweebdotcom:
Baseball and Apple pie

These are hardly vices... but then neither are the British or French ones.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 8
DannyS, Gecko, Tiredny
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9