Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 8 Jul 2013 11:49
Raptor:
All my life I've been half fast.

Or have you just been giving a half fast effort?

Dweebdotcom
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 8 Jul 2013 15:02
rachelredbum:
No I am afraid that the Spencer Spanking Plan is a hoax

Because the internet said it was a hoax? I believe Doroty Spencer was a Texan... that alone increases the probability substantially.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 8 Jul 2013 18:20
rachelredbum:
No I am afraid that the Spencer Spanking Plan is a hoax

I've gone through the messages of that thread. One of the people there talked about finding a copy of it "in Bizarre Contacts, 1967, put out by Lenny Burtman. Mistress Michelle" - which to me lends it a bit of creditability.

Much of the debate on that thread seemed to centre around if it would work or not with most taking the position that it wouldn't because it lacks a Head Of the Household - but I saw nothing but the assertion of "It simply reads like a document written in the late twentieth century - rather than, as it purports to be, written in an earlier part of that century - to be anything else."

WAIT!
Just found something!
http://books.google.ca/books?id=llRbAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA810&lpg=PA810&dq=dorothy+spencer+19 36&source=bl&ots=p8CzudDb9K&sig=OJxsqIoUv3r3rpZiglH0NNZqT44&hl=en&sa=X&ei=xPLaUczzJMz -4APluIGYDw&ved=0CGQQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=dorothy%20spencer%201936&f=false

Catalog of Copyright Entries. Part 1. [B] Group 2. Pamphlets, Etc. New Series By Library of Congress. Copyright Office 1941
Spencer (Dorothy) Tucson, Ariz. Spencer spanking plan c June 24, 1936; AA 209901 26887

Someone should tell those folks on the Yahoo Group that the Library of Congress Copyright Office doesn't think that the Spencer Spanking Plan is a hoax as it was indeed published in 1936.

Goodgulf

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 8 Jul 2013 18:36
I know next to nothing about the Spencer Spanking Plan but I would say that one has to be very careful in determining what is actually true from what has been merely passed around. This seems to be particularly true where femdom is concerned as I discovered when researching my Wellred Weekly article on Alice Kerr-Sutherland, who despite being cited as genuine by a Professor of Law, was not the 1924 author of the work she was claimed to be, nor even a woman at all as it turned out. All very good for those who enjoy fantasising about such things but not actually real. I'm not saying this is the case here as I have no idea, merely suggesting a degree of caution in determining fact from fiction.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 8 Jul 2013 19:12
Goodgulf:
Someone should tell those folks on the Yahoo Group that the Library of Congress Copyright Office doesn't think that the Spencer Spanking Plan is a hoax as it was indeed published in 1936.

I knew I wasn't crazy (at least not about this).

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 8 Jul 2013 20:20
Februs:
I know next to nothing about the Spencer Spanking Plan but I would say that one has to be very careful in determining what is actually true from what has been merely passed around.

The plan is basically a domestic contract (with background to tell the newbies what a domestic contract is) that can result in either party being spanked. It was produced as a pamphlet by someone calling herself Dorothy Spencer in 1936 and is confirmed as being copyrighted by that person in a 1941 Catalog of Copyright Entries produced by Library of Congress Copyright Office.

Of course that leaves many unanswered questions:
Was that her real name? Was it really a "this is how to make a relationship work" thing? Was the writer a 50 year man jerking off at the idea of couple buying into the plan and spanking each other? Does the plan actually work?

No, I don't have answers to any of those questions - but in finding the record of the copyright I believe I've disproven the statement: "It simply reads like a document written in the late twentieth century - rather than, as it purports to be, written in an earlier part of that century - to be anything else." - that proclaimed it a hoax.

Goodgulf

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#17 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 00:27
I read The Spencer Plan and I have a full copy on the Internet, somewhere.

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 01:13
I'm almost relieved that the Spencer Spanking Plan is not a hoax after all!

Dweebdotcom
Male Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 02:54
Goodgulf:
Was the writer a 50 year man jerking off at the idea of couple buying into the plan and spanking each other?

Indeed!! LOL! Thank you all for your input. That was fun. Especially Goodgulf. I wanted it to be true. Thanks to you I'm 99.9% convinced.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 10 Jul 2013 06:42
Dweebdotcom:
Indeed!! LOL! Thank you all for your input. That was fun. Especially Goodgulf. I wanted it to be true. Thanks to you I'm 99.9% convinced.

I have no idea if that is true or not - but it seemed almost as likely as a woman named Dorothy Spencer producing this as a guide to marriageable bliss.

Goodgulf

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 8
Beardman, keitho54, laura82, ntytina, paperbark
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9