The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Mother/daughter spankings- TV Shows That Could Have Had Them

Page  Page 7 of 10: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#61 | Posted: 24 Jul 2015 19:33
I'm sure the missing parents thing was a fixture before Enid Blyton set pen to paper, but she often used it. Even Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys (which were written decades ago) more or less used it. Oh, their parents were there to help out at the end, but the kids ran wild during those novels.

And that's part of the attraction of that type of fiction: in real life, kids are defined by rules, but in that genre of fiction they are in control of their on lives.

Back during some of the older versions of Nancy Drew on TV, I would have loved to see the Drew housekeeper (who acted in a maternal role for motherless Nancy) taking charge of Nancy and giving her a "how dare you put yourself in danger" spanking. I'd like to see it so much that I included a scene like that in a story I wrote that involved a Virtual Reality system (one so realistic that you could feel a spanking) that had a Nancy Drew game written for it, and of course that involved spanking.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#62 | Posted: 24 Jul 2015 20:20
I think I can handle the "absent parent" situation (Peanuts anyone?) far better than the "idiot parent" model.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#63 | Posted: 24 Jul 2015 20:30
And on the subject of absent parents, lets not forget all those beach movies of the early 60s with Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello. Parents nowhere to be seen.But lots of teens in swimsuits who could have used a good spanking.
One exception. In Muscle Beach a boy pleads with his father at movie' end, "please don't spank me""

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#64 | Posted: 25 Jul 2015 02:21
They spoke about the parents in Peanuts, you just never saw them. It made perfect sense too, because it was all about the world from the kids point of view. I loved the way they were represented in the TV shows, you just occasionally heard them speaking gibberish. The film Gregory's Girl did a similar thing with it's representations of adults, they were seen as rather silly creatures, whereas younger children were often quite wise, with teens being in the middle.

LawnDawg
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#65 | Posted: 25 Jul 2015 03:48
kdpierre's mention of the Disney Channel reminded me of the show Avonlea that aired on the Disney Channel, I believe it was called Road to Avonlea in Canada. I think Felicity King could have used a trip over her mother's lap more then once, and Sara Stanley could have used a trip over one of her Aunt's laps. A couple of the other characters could have used a spanking as well, namely Sally Potts.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#66 | Posted: 25 Jul 2015 20:04
Avonlea is basically a spinoff of Anne of Green Gables - with enough changed to avoid a lawsuit by the author's heirs. Now there were times when Anne's bottom should have been turned as red as her hair, but she was an orphan so the spanking couldn't have come from her mother.

The reason there were spanking references in Little House and not in Avonlea has to do with when they were made, not the period in which they were set. In the 70s spanking was more acceptable, so they were included but Avonlea was made in the 1990s, when spankings were rarely shown or referenced on TV.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#67 | Posted: 25 Jul 2015 20:28
There were spanking references in the Anne of Green Gables book on a couple occasions though. Her foster mother's neighbor Mrs Lynd was an advocate of the rod for unruly children. Don't think any spankings tok place though.

westviking
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#68 | Posted: 26 Jul 2015 09:58
I remember Mrs Lynd from the first book. She was telling Anne's foster mother to spank her but she never did. In the second book Anne of Avonlea written 1909 is Anne a village schoolteacher 16 or 17 years old.
She is against CP but still spank a boy at school and get very surprised when the boy worships her instead of hating her.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#69 | Posted: 26 Jul 2015 20:50
I always viewed Mrs Lynd as a paper villain - someone inserted into the book to say nasty things so that there would be someone saying nasty things. As for the later book, Lucy Maud Montgomery (the author) also worked as a teacher, so might have based that off something that happen in her teaching career.

Back to the topic on hand, if we are including "foster mom" situations, then Star Wars: Rebels comes to mind. One character on it is Sabine, a teenaged " Mandalorian graffiti artist with expert knowledge of weapons and explosives", who is always taking stupid risks, loves blowing things up, and is known to paint graffiti in other crew members' rooms. Then there's Hera, a mother figure who owns the ship the Rebels are using. Most wikis say that she is the heart holding the crew together, but really she's a mother to the misfits that make up the crew. She's even named after the goddess of motherhood.

Sabine doesn't just do harmless mischief. In one episode she hides away on a shuttle as Hera goes to meet a higher up in the rebellion - endangering the mission and putting herself at great risk (she's safer not knowing who they report to). And yes, I could totally see Hera putting Sabine over her knee. Not forcing her there (it's hard to force a Mandalorian to do anything), but shaming the girl, guilting her until she willingly submits to a spanking.

LawnDawg
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#70 | Posted: 27 Jul 2015 01:30
There were a couple of spanking threats in Avonlea, witch was based, loosely, very loosely, on 4 books also written by Lucy Maude Montgomery.

One Felicity dared her cousin to go into the house of a man who lived alone and she and Felicity's brother Felix, do go in and end up being quarantined in his house Felicity's mother threatens her that if anything happens to the two kids that, "She would give her cause to remember to her dying day." or something like that. The other Sara Stanley did something where she wanted to do penance for it and in coming up with some ideas asked, "what would you say if I..." (I forget what exactly) and one of her aunts replies, "I would say nothing, just simply put you over my lap and spank you, which should be penance enough."

So I guess that even in the 90's shows still had some references to spanking.

Page  Page 7 of 10: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 14
derekjster, Derrick30, goddan, jake210, ldbill, Treestalker, writerinks
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9