library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

What happens to?

hairbrushedhubby
Male Member

England
#1 | Posted: 19 May 2011 20:15
Stories that are sent in but do not appear?
I sent one in a few days ago, and zilch, nothing.
Would this have a detrimental approach to new Authors and Writers and make them think twice about sending stuff in?
By the way, I am not complaining, just asking, thank you.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 19 May 2011 20:24
hairbrushedhubby:
Stories that are sent in but do not appear?
I sent one in a few days ago, and zilch, nothing.
Would this have a detrimental approach to new Authors and Writers and make them think twice about sending stuff in?
By the way, I am not complaining, just asking, thank you.

I suggest you check your email account for my 3 previous emails before raising a superfluous query on the forum.
Thank you, flopsy

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 19 May 2011 20:25
Only speaking for myself, but I've never had this problem. Responses to my submissions have always been prompt and courteous.

billboard
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 19 May 2011 20:59
Might be in your "Spam Box." (unrecognized sender box, more accurately.)

Like Lincoln, I've always been blown away by the rapidity of response.

hairbrushedhubby
Male Member

England
#5 | Posted: 19 May 2011 21:16
Dear Flopsybunny,

Please accept my sincere appologies, I have been having problems with my email account and so I never recieved your 1st two, but I did get your last one and I understand now, that short story was in it's entirity so maybe I should have called it a snippet instead.
I am in my dotage years so please forgive me, or give me a verbal spanking, whatever you feel is best, I am still finding my way around this site so obviously I will be making mistakes now and then, thank you.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 19 May 2011 21:37
Apology accepted, hairbrushed hubby. I'll resend the earlier emails.
Thanks, flopsy

... and Miss Thrashbottom is polishing her hairbrushes ready for your appointment in her study on Monday morning

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#7 | Posted: 20 May 2011 00:07
Oh boy hairbrushed, I sure hope your wife has not attended to you recently as Mrs Thrashbottom is one mean women with that hairbrush. Of course you entirely deserve every thing you get (darn it now I am jealous) for using the fourm instead of asking Flopsy. Next time it is a good suggestion to use a pop up to ask such questions and never use the forum. Have fun Monday morning.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 20 May 2011 00:58
Although flopsy and a couple of other people have responded I'd also like to make a few general points.

Firstly, if you have an issue in regards to some item not being loaded, or believe you've not had a response from us then the correct course of action, as CS has already pointed out, is to send us an email or use the Contact Us button. Grandstanding on the forum about it is merely likely to piss us off.

Whilst it is quite possible that various email systems might mis-direct emails generated by the library software it is highly unlikely that emails sent via gmail by us will suffer the same fate. And if they do then three emails with very similar content are all likely to suffer the same fate so I can't see how two of our emails went into the void but the third didn't. It is not our responsibility to manage your email client / ISP and how it deals with spam.

The items that you sent us contained no introductory text nor were they "signed off" so we didn't even know who you were without going to the trouble to search the library database for your email address. Almost all the authors who send us items do us the courtesy of addressing us and letting us know who we are receiving mail from.

And lastly, a general comment for anyone sending us email and complaining that they haven't received a reply within "x" days. Please bear in mind it's not just your email we have to respond to, we get a stack of email every day, most of which contains written works which need to be read in full. We willingly give up several hours of every day to keep this site running so please bear that in mind before sniping on the forum about a lack of response.

hairbrushedhubby
Male Member

England
#9 | Posted: 20 May 2011 02:24
Februs, as stated to Flopsy earlier, it was not my intention to Grandstand as you put it, or to piss anyone off, so my appology goes to you as well if that is what you think I have done.
I may be getting on in years but good manners and a bit of protocol shown and recieved, still go down well in my book, as I stated earlier on here I am still finding my way around this site and learning as I go, so please refrain from your high-handed attitude when someone like myself who are novices to what is suitable and correct on your site, should not suffer such a harsh verbal chastisement from you, rather you should guide us kindly and gently. Thank you for your time and pointing out where I went wrong.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 20 May 2011 02:30
hairbrushedhubby:
I may be getting on in years but good manners and a bit of protocol shown and recieved, still go down well in my book, as I stated earlier on here I am still finding my way around this site and learning as I go, so please refrain from your high-handed attitude when someone like myself who are novices

I shall respond in whatever manner I see fit and I'd suggest the only person not paying any heed to protocol is yourself.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 8
alfent, caladonia2000, cbogle, jadoma, njrick
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9