library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

How to do a search for non spanking stories.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Eric
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 7 Jan 2018 17:59
how do you do a search that gets you all the stories with a white dot?

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 7 Jan 2018 19:05
Joining the Library of Spanking to look for non-spanking stories...? You may be the first person in the Library's history to think of trying to do that!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 7 Jan 2018 20:14
As someone who has written "non spanking" stories, I'll say that you can have fun with them. For example, all of my "Dear Anne" letters deal with people writing in with spanking related problems and Anne giving them predictable advice.

It can be interesting to write a spanking story that has every button pushing angle EXCEPT an actual spanking...

Eric
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 8 Jan 2018 04:49
Okay for the slow people the story that does not feature an actual spanking. As I said in my comment the ones with the white circle in the description.

curioserto
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 8 Jan 2018 15:15
I have tried various search combinations and not been able to filter out the stories with no actual spanking. I may be a bit slow though as I have just realised that it would be a useful search.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 8 Jan 2018 15:42
Eric:
how do you do a search that gets you all the stories with a white dot?

There is no facility within our software to search for stories that don't contain spankings. When stories are validated, they are flagged if they don't contain an actual spanking, but it isn't possible to search specifically for them.

Eric:
Okay for the slow people the story that does not feature an actual spanking. As I said in my comment the ones with the white circle in the description.

Calling LSF members 'slow' might just get you sent to Miss Thrashbottom's office...

Eric
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 8 Jan 2018 18:51
How about making snarky comments when I ask a serious question?

Sugarcane
Male Member

Bangladesh
#8 | Posted: 11 Jan 2018 03:36
myrkassi:
Joining the Library of Spanking to look for non-spanking stories...? You may be the first person in the Library's history to think of trying to do that!

I've been here for like a week, haven't visited much. But I read some non-spanking stories/contents and they were actually quite amusing. And I'd love to read more. So he may the first to bring it up but not alone or the last one.

Goodgulf:
It can be interesting to write a spanking story that has every button pushing angle EXCEPT an actual spanking...

I liked "Dear Anne" letters. Hope you write more. May be someday Anne could share her own experience of being spanked, like an editorial or something.

Eric:
How about making snarky comments when I ask a serious question?

Why so serious? People are here to have fun, so just enjoy. Though I believe flopsybunny might use one spanking. I hope she'll share her experience about how it went in Miss Thrashbottoms office.

By the way, that is a cute nick flopsy. I wish I had cool ideas like yours before picking mine.

Oh yes, to answer the actual question, I guess if you select other in the search option and search, there might be something. Also I think you would be more successful if you search in unclassified, historical, nostalgia genres.

I am not a subscriber, so I can't actually check my theory. Just assuming how it could work and trying to help. The search function may work in a different way. Sorry if that frustrates you more.

wooz1111
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 12 Jan 2018 14:15
I'm just wondering what it is exactly that you seek in a non-spanking story, Eric. Many non-spanking stories become a prelude to a series or an explanation of events during a series so I really would like to know what it is you are seeking. Maybe we can help you out somehow ...

kov
Male Member

USA
#10 | Posted: 19 Jan 2018 23:40
If there isn't a flag the search mechanism can use, the only viable approach may be to browse through the bookshelf looking for white dots. You can click on a letter on the bookshelf at the top and get a listing of stories that begin with a particular letter and then go through page after page of stories looking for ones flagged with particular content. That approach isn't ideal, but it isn't too bad. Unfortunately, the bookshelf doesn't have anywhere to click for stories that begin with a number or special character instead of a letter of the alphabet.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 6
canardchronique, Dejo, Elodie, myrkassi, Rahundy, sarahguyre, yankee
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9