Graphic elements not working in new Firefox

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 28 Nov 2017 00:23
PhilK:
Another Firefox problem I've discovered: I can't play the LSF audio recordings, though they play fine in Google Chrome. Anyone else experienced this?

The latest Firefox disables the Flash plugin as default.

If you select the Jukebox and click on one of the titles... where the player usually appears near the top of the jukebox you should instead see just a grey bar. If you right mouse click on this bar, one of the context options you should see is to "activate this plugin" and having selected that you'll probably get a second option asking if you want Firefox to remember the setting which you should select.

Update: if you don't see the grey bar as described above you probably have an out of date Flash plugin...if you left mouse click on the area in the jukebox where the song player normally appears you see something about your Flash plugin being out of date and can follow prompts to download and then run the latest version. Having done that and restarted your browser you should then be able to follow the steps above.

BlooDenim
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 28 Nov 2017 10:58
Well done Februs.
Good help there.
I use Firefox on Windows 10, but I won't have Kaspersky on my desktop. I do daily sweeps with Hitman Pro as well as having Windows Defender running 24/7.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 28 Nov 2017 16:11
Februs:
If you select the Jukebox and click on one of the titles... where the player usually appears near the top of the jukebox you should instead see just a grey bar. If you right mouse click on this bar, one of the context options you should see is to "activate this plugin" and having selected that you'll probably get a second option asking if you want Firefox to remember the setting which you should select.

Update: if you don't see the grey bar as described above you probably have an out of date Flash plugin...if you left mouse click on the area in the jukebox where the song player normally appears you see something about your Flash plugin being out of date and can follow prompts to download and then run the latest version. Having done that and restarted your browser you should then be able to follow the steps above.

Thanks, Februs. No luck, though: I've tried both right-clicking and left-clicking on the 'Performed by...' bar, but no context options show up.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 28 Nov 2017 19:09
PhilK:
Thanks, Februs. No luck, though: I've tried both right-clicking and left-clicking on the 'Performed by...' bar, but no context options show up.

Phil, I've highlighted the area to click on below. First, though, click on one of the song titles in order to try and play it.

And this is how it should luck when working (screengrabbed from Firefox 57):

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 28 Nov 2017 22:30
No, still don't get 'activate this plugin'. This menu options I get are:

Save Page As
Send Page to Device
[View Background Image]
Select All
This Frame
View Page Source
View Page Info
Inspect Element (Q)

None of them seem to help when I click on them....

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 30 Nov 2017 13:21
You could try a different approach by visiting here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/keep-flash-up-to-date-and-troubleshoot-problems

There is information there about how to test if the latest Flash plugin is installed and if not, how to install it.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 30 Nov 2017 15:19
Did everything the Adobe Flash site told me to - but still can't get the jukebox to work in Firefox...

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 3 Dec 2017 04:06
PhilK:
Did everything the Adobe Flash site told me to - but still can't get the jukebox to work in Firefox...

Only other thing I can think of is to check your addons (found via Tools in the main Firefox menu for me but might be different in the Windows version of Firefox) and then select Plugins and see if you have Shockwave Flash listed there. If so, select Always Activate from the dropdown menu and see if that fixes things.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 3 Dec 2017 23:08
Thanks, Februs - half-way there, at least. I can now play the audio via the jukebox, but not via the Latest Audio Recordings list - so I can't read the words while listening to the singing. But it's certainly an improvement.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 4 Dec 2017 16:36
PhilK:
Thanks, Februs - half-way there, at least. I can now play the audio via the jukebox, but not via the Latest Audio Recordings list - so I can't read the words while listening to the singing. But it's certainly an improvement.

That's strange as the code involved for playing the audio files in both the jukebox and the story viewer is the same. What do you actually get when you try via the audio recordings list?

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 5
CarolinaPaddler, lampislife, terabit
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9